Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
You live in Idaho, and it's winter. If your use profile includes a lot of short trips with a cold engine you will see much lower than EPA-estimated fuel economy. Track it over the summer months when it's warmer and I suspect you'll see as good or better than average fuel economy.
Also depends on where in "northern Idaho" OP lives. We have a place in way northern idaho, the elevation at our house is 2500' which is mostly flatlands at the base of the Selkirks. Even Priest River is at 2139, so assuming that might be causing an issue. Especially with a turbo.
Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I do a lot of short trips of 1 mile between farms mixed with 50 mph roads and get 29ish normally. On trips to town and back I get hand calculated of around 32ish.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have a '23 OBX. I'm 78 years old and drive pretty conservatively. I did my first mileage check with 600 miles on the vehicle and got just over 24mpg.
Winter in Syracuse. Wait 'til summer and it'll get a lot better. Look at Harold. He gets nearly 35 mph, because he lives in FL, where winter lasts three days.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I filled up the other day, put 30 miles at 65 mph, dinked around in town, then drove home and this is what the computer said. By the end of that tank with short trips between farms I hand calculated that tank at 33.5.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport gas mileage PXL_20230304_030807201.MP

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 23 OBX with only 1200 miles on it. I am averaging 25.5 MPG. However, I drive backroads and city driving primarily. No lengthy highway trips as of yet.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Winter in Syracuse. Wait 'til summer and it'll get a lot better. Look at Harold. He gets nearly 35 mph, because he lives in FL, where winter lasts three days.
For sure the Florida geography and climate helps mpg. It's not only that as driver inputs also make a difference. The dealers shop I go to commented on my mpg and mentioned I'm at the top of the chart. Ive also installed a true CAI and a custom exhaust which helps. Most other 1.5 BS owners are mid to high 20s, some low 30s. Even in Florida drivers get much lower mpg because of lets say a very active driving style.

I lived in NE Washington State for 45 years so I understand the Idaho guy 100%. Climate and elevation don't help mpg, especially in winter. But I also think if I was into getting better milage I would have purchased something else. The big surprise was really how economical the BS can be especially when compared with similar makes and models.

I have the power when I need it and the economy the rest of the time. I really can't say enough good things about the BS, really made a good decision buying it.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
You donā€™t smell gas from under the hood do you? Maybe the leaky injector issue and you are just vaporizing fuel.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
That plus the vehicle only has 600 miles on it. I'm not concerned. It's already getting better milage than my wife's Ecosport. Once I get the summer tires (with 35psi), and the full synthetic oil in it I'm sure it will improve. I'm taking a road trip to Atlanta in late April, and then we'll see.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
You donā€™t smell gas from under the hood do you? Maybe the leaky injector issue and you are just vaporizing fuel.
No fumes yet, less beer if that was the case. I was at the dealer today actually on that recall. It's been a month and still no recall parts to close that one out I did however pick up a nice Bronco First Aid Kit

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I get 25 mpg in my Outer Banks with the 1.5, so youā€™re not alone.

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
We have a '22 BS Outerbanks. Approx. 4500 miles and mostly city driving. 24.6 mpg is where we seem to be locked in. We live in Michigan and our trips are mostly short to work/errands. However, i did use the ECO mode when we went upnorth to Traverse City last fall. Almost got to 26 mpg on that trip. Kept it between 75 - 80 mph. We would love to get closer to or over 30mpg.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
there are 20+ threads on gas mileage (I stopped counting)

itā€™s everyoneā€™s favorite topic.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
ill chime in. picked up Feb 10 so been about a month. i do a mix of highway and in town driving. im averaging between 24-25 mpg. more than the 17 escape we traded. im not a "eco" driver...more like average aggressive....if there is such a thing so i dont baby it. quite surprised. will it stay like that who knows....
for reference the edge ST i was driving with the 3.7 v6 eco was averaging around 22mpg....same typical driving.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Iā€™ve got a badlands 2.0, lifted -.5 inches, 235/65r17 at tires, an about 100 lbs of self recovery gear I get 24.8 mpg highway , if Iā€™m doing cold weather start up and shut down driving (errands) I usually get 22ish:

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
There is no one easy answer to your mpg. There are so many variables to consider that mpg will range from 20-22 city to upwards of 34-36 hwy., even more! Driving style, terrain, altitude, temperature, cargo, passengers, etc, etc, etc. I could easily list a dozen other things that affect mpg.

I personally get an 15000 mile avg of 34.7 mpg. I'm a very conservative driver, I do the speed limit, use cruise as much as possible and believe it or not have fun driving. I really like low insurance rates, no tickets and squeezing that last tenth of a mile out of a gallon of gas. I have added a few mods to my 1.5 that have helped as well. Your engine is still tight, some more breaking in is needed to get the most out of it. All you can do is really focus on driving inputs no matter what part of the country you live in. I think you will start seeing better mpg as time goes on if everything else is still the same. Have fun!
not broke-in yet but some short test on the freeway and getting 29-29 mpg. That will definitely improve with time.
Sponsored