Bronco Sport flipping is about to end

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
When I was looking at 2 door Broncos, the offer on my 21 Badlands with 8000 miles was 33k, 35k and 38k across 4 dealers in 4 states. 38K was lower than the sticker, but what I paid for it new (Xplan).

The 38K was at my local dealer. I think it was essentially an off set of their ADM.

The rest of the story, they listed my BL at 41,999 and the new 22 BL at the same (msrp). They must have given a discount because my old BL sold right away while the 22 took a few more weeks to sell.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
When I was looking at 2 door Broncos, the offer on my 21 Badlands with 8000 miles was 33k, 35k and 38k across 4 dealers in 4 states. 38K was lower than the sticker, but what I paid for it new (Xplan).

The 38K was at my local dealer. I think it was essentially an off set of their ADM.

The rest of the story, they listed my BL at 41,999 and the new 22 BL at the same (msrp). They must have given a discount because my old BL sold right away while the 22 took a few more weeks to sell.
Were the two essentially the same options? Considering the stripped components, it could also just be that the '21 is more desirable. Some people also prefer first MY vehicles in a collector world. If they gave you 38k, I would be shocked if they took less than 40k for it. Even the 4k was a pretty small markup in my experience.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Carvana doesnt have hardly any Broncos on their lots. When they do get one it goes bye bye fast.
CarMax, Carvana (near bankruptcy) etc offer $7500 under sticker. Dealer I bought from offers $6000 under sticker. You have to sell person to person. I am thinking of doing Auto Trader

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
CarMax, Carvana (near bankruptcy) etc offer $7500 under sticker. Dealer I bought from offers $6000 under sticker. You have to sell person to person. I am thinking of doing Auto Trader
I have a 2 door badlands, SAS, lux, 2.7 on order that got pushed to 2023. Carmax just offered $41,000 for my badlands fully loaded sport. Just over 1000 miles. I'm not in the business to flip. Hoping the dealer will match that when and if I trade it in.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually sit in a room with a human at CarMax? I have never been to one.

I went to several web sites and entered my vin and received an "instant cash offer" for $7000 loss.

Dealerships seem to be overflowing with used 2021 and new 2022 models. Ford Authority news reported transport of Bronco Sports may be held up until the new field fix is ready (February at earliest).

I hope your right. I booked an appointment at a Car Max near me Thursday after lunch.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
To get a true offer you have to go in person. Also bring that offer to the dealership, many will beat a CarMax paper printout offer that is current. But carvana is usually the highest.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went in CarMax in person. The Bronco Sport was pristine. Unused Mats. 5600 miles. XPel wrapped hood and fenders.

CarMax offered $33,000.

This is a 2022 Outer Banks. I can't find a used 2021 Outer Banks for sale less than $37,000

Maybe I will try AutoTrader.
Where can I get the full Bronco at MSRP?? My dealer"end of the year offer" did not show the "$5000" markup, but it was there when I reached out t a Ford Salesman. Uggh...

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport flipping is about to end IMG_3667

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I went in CarMax in person. The Bronco Sport was pristine. Unused Mats. 5600 miles. XPel wrapped hood and fenders.

CarMax offered $33,000.

This is a 2022 Outer Banks. I can't find a used 2021 Outer Banks for sale less than $37,000

Maybe I will try AutoTrader.
Where can I get the full Bronco at MSRP?? My dealer"end of the year offer" did not show the "$5000" markup, but it was there when I reached out t a Ford Salesman. Uggh...

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport flipping is about to end IMG_3667
$33k is the offer; $37K is the asking price. You're talking about car sales, so everything is negotiable.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hard to not think about Carvana. Did you have any trouble getting a title?

My 30 year dream is a 2 Door Bronco. My dealer “dangled” a Christmas Ford clearance email. They showed 3 Broncos on the lot at MSRP. One or two 2023. Modles. A Sasquatch under 50k.
Other sites showed $10,000 markup.

Texted the salesman and he said $5000 over MSRP. Guess I should order one. Robins Egg 2 Door.. Do orders self for MSRP? A man can dream.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport

My 30 year dream is a 2 Door Bronco. My dealer “dangled” a Christmas Ford clearance email. They showed 3 Broncos on the lot at MSRP. One or two 2023. Modles. A Sasquatch under 50k.

Texted the salesman and he said $5000 over MSRP. Guess I should order one. Robins Egg 2 Door.. Do orders self for MSRP? A man can dream.
I did not purchase from them, only sold to them. Super easy transaction. I set up a dropoff appointment since it was up the road from me and we had a check in hand within 15 min. I have sent a handful of friends to Carvana to sell. They all had the same story as me, fast easy transactions, thousands more than what CarMax and local dealers were offering. I don't know how they are still in business buying cars that high.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Very few dealers selling full-size on the lots for MSRP let alone without 10-20k ADM. Especially the 2 doors as more than likely that was an abandoned order where the customer reserved and ordered but thought they would get it at the price quoted by For. Some dealers will order at MSRP but the order banks are not open for the full size yet. Maybe by February. I’ve had a 2 door on order for nearly two years and there are still several hundreds in line in front of me at my dealer due to changes in the way Ford was allocating vehicles. Originally it was based solely on reservation time/date. That lasted less than a year and it switched back to the dealer allocation process that was in place before. Most dealers won’t tell you their place in line either. Now, that being said, if you want a full size four door floppy top. Dealers have those as they are not as constrained as the 2 door hardtops.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a two door with Sasquatch on the lot (I assume). They have 3 Broncos, but all have the green window sticker (SPECIAL ORDER). So I would expect they are not available -- but the boiler plate description says they are for sale (see below the picture). They also have a Badlands ($49,555 out the door.. ...NOT). and an Outer Banks.

My 2022 Black Bronco Sport Outer Banks Bronco Sport was a custom order -- but not MY customer order. The factory dropped off two: one a customer had waited months for, and a "clone" down to the green window sticker. I bought the spare one on the spot.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport flipping is about to end Sasquatch

Cactus 2023 Ford Bronco 4WD 2.3L 4-Cylinder Turbocharged DOHC
Recent Arrival! Price includes $1,000 Bommarito Trade Assist. Must trade vehicle to qualify.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Some dealer around me put their dealer demo 4 door 4 cyl full size Badlands hard top for sale. Asked 10k over MSRP it sat for sale for a couple of weeks and then got sold. I am guessing dealer got the asking price.

Every dealer in my area is asking 2-4k over for every incoming or in stock Badlands sport. How much longer they will be able to fetch those over MSRP prices I don't know. 6 months back 5k or more over for Badlands sport was very common so it has come down slightly since then.
Sponsored