Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Do people have no sense these days? There is going to be a lot of folks upside down in a couple years when they try to trade in.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Do people have no sense these days? There is going to be a lot of folks upside down in a couple years when they try to trade in.

They probably would be anyway. I'm trading my very low mileage '19 Edge Titanium in on my '23 OBX. The Edge MSRP was right around $45,000. The dealer offered me $30,000 in August when I ordered. God only knows what I'll get for it now.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
You have to consider the Boomers with big 401k money and good retirement plans plus Social Security.
They aren't talking it with them and they don't have many good years of driving left.

I'm closing in on that situation minus the huge 401k. I might not have long before I can't drive, for one reason or another.

I could say getting the Bronco I want even if I paid ADM sort of makes up for cars and trucks I couldn't get through my life. Like a new Buick Grand National, a GT500, or Ford GT. I wasn't going to add a Bronco to that list because I can afford this one even if I seemingly overpaid for it.

My regret is that I could not keep the Sport and have the Bronco. Someday down the road I'll be on the lookout for cream puff BL Sport on the used market.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
You have to consider the Boomers with big 401k money and good retirement plans plus Social Security.
They aren't talking it with them and they don't have many good years of driving left.

I'm closing in on that situation minus the huge 401k. I might not have long before I can't drive, for one reason or another.

I could say getting the Bronco I want even if I paid ADM sort of makes up for cars and trucks I couldn't get through my life. Like a new Buick Grand National, a GT500, or Ford GT. I wasn't going to add a Bronco to that list because I can afford this one even if I seemingly overpaid for it.

My regret is that I could not keep the Sport and have the Bronco. Someday down the road I'll be on the lookout for cream puff BL Sport on the used market.
Yeah but when you paid dealer markup for big Bronco you also got crazy high trade in for Badlands Sport. So sort of cancel each other out.

I paid MSRP for my fully optioned sport and I always bought new vehicles at steep discounts prior to that. But I got like 5k more for old CRV selling to Carmax then I would in normal times. So I made out really good.

So in general ppl paying crazy markups may have also got crazy insane trade ins/sales on old vehicle to offset. That scenario is or has been very common.

We are slowly moving toward lower prices for new/used cars. Slowly....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So in general ppl paying crazy markups may have also got crazy insane trade ins/sales on old vehicle to offset. That scenario is or has been very common.
Yup. I paid MSRP for the Badlands, but only because I got $23K for a four-and-half-year old Mustang EcoBoost. I paid $27K for it new.
Sponsored