First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Greedy dealer around me marks every Badlands sport up by 2k and they don't take long to sell. Their newest scam is Badlands with no options hoping uneducated buyers just see the price and don't realize no options.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I found the title of your thread interesting. The local dealership sent me a letter and I checked into it today. They offered me $3000 over what I paid (including tax and fees). But in fairness, I have additions that are at $3K market price. Also, we talked about Carvana and how it was started by a chronic criminal (not an opinion, just a fact).

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I found the title of your thread interesting. The local dealership sent me a letter and I checked into it today. They offered me $3000 over what I paid (including tax and fees). But in fairness, I have additions that are at $3K market price. Also, we talked about Carvana and how it was started by a chronic criminal (not an opinion, just a fact).
Would be interesting to see how solid that offer is. Might be just an excuse to get you in the door and then knock down the offer by kicking tires. Thing is, the MSRP probably went up 3k since you bought it so to them it's just straight across.

Yeah, I remember it having interesting origins. Another billionaire fraudster. It's almost redundant to say it.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
I would like to sell my 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks. Dealer offered me $5000 less than a 2021 model with 16,000 miles. (I have 6,200 miles. Never off Road)

The Sticker price for a 2023 Outbanks with my Assist+ package goes up $1700 over the 2022 model.

CAR PRICES DOWN? A few thoughts
  1. Carvana may be forced by the court to sell thousands and thousands of cars -- flooding the currently bloated used car inventory out there.
  2. All Used Cars are going to sit on the lot a longtime since used car loan financing rates are getting high -- so loan qualifications for higher payments will add up.
  3. The dealer doesn't own any of these cars. The banks do. Monthly payments with a lot full of lonely cars is going to get very expensive. Dealers will be motivated
  4. Used Cars at high rates naturally have higher car payments
  5. Higher car payments increase the number of repossessions
  6. High repossession rates mean used cars come back into inventory. ( I knew a used car salesman on a corner lot who would sell one week, repo the next, then sell again.)

But its all good if you own a Bronco Sport and want to sell..
Rumor is FULL STOP on hauling and transport of Ford Bronco 1.5L and other models.

What no one is talking about is Ford Authority's little story last week implying there will be a hold on delivery of all Bronco Sports due to the recall.

FORD BRONCO SPORT DELIVERIES ARE BEING DELAYED DUE TO RECALL

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Would be interesting to see how solid that offer is. Might be just an excuse to get you in the door and then knock down the offer by kicking tires.
They bought one of my three previous Sports and the Bronco. Hence why they called me and I went in.
I decided I’m keeping this one until I see the hybrid or EV.

And king slayer, I think your theory on more deliveries being held is exactly right in my case. I think someone wants a car like mine and is getting frustrated. Also, check CarMax for the value of your car. Your offer from your dealership is too low.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think we are still in a demand is higher then supply for the sports right now. It will likely shift but I think there is still a supply challenge helping to prop prices up.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am glad to see this insanity of added markups and flipping come to an end. Maybe I am in the minority, but the dealer we purchased from here (suburban St. Louis) sold us our Badlands at sticker price, and told me that throughout this whole situation they had a policy of no added markup on ANY vehicles, including Bronco and Bronco Sport. We we very lucky to find a BS on the lot that had almost everything we wanted, including color (did not have Assist++ or the "Premium Package", and did not have the Falken tires).

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I am glad to see this insanity of added markups and flipping come to an end. Maybe I am in the minority, but the dealer we purchased from here (suburban St. Louis) sold us our Badlands at sticker price, and told me that throughout this whole situation they had a policy of no added markup on ANY vehicles, including Bronco and Bronco Sport. We we very lucky to find a BS on the lot that had almost everything we wanted, including color (did not have Assist++ or the "Premium Package", and did not have the Falken tires).
You are very lucky. I live in a small town with one dealer and even they have marked up the BS by $5k. Don't even ask how much the have marked up the full-size Bronco ...

They get plenty of full-size Broncos in and, although i've thought of it, I can't see myself paying $20k over sticker.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
The dealer where I bought both of my Bronco Sports has had a markup of at least $5,000 on all of theirs. When I had to replace my totaled 2021, I placed an order for a 2022 and was told it would be MSRP; when I picked it up, the salesman said, “Wow, you got a great deal” like I’d done something shady.

The funny thing is even though I told them that the 2021 had been totaled when I ordered the 2022, the very salesman who took the order emails me all the time asking if I want to sell it for an “upgrade.” I got the latest email last Friday.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport flipping is about to end DF16AE73-2B2B-44EE-8D66-A96A0BD4C95F

ledge

Big Bend
First Name
ledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Just ordered a Bronco Sport Big Bend 11/10 with Convenience package, Tow Hitch, Floor & Cargo Mats, Rubberized seat back, area 51. Paying MSRP, dealer would not drop lower. $ 500.00 deposit made. Ford moved build date up to first week in January from 2nd week.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You are very lucky. I live in a small town with one dealer and even they have marked up the BS by $5k. Don't even ask how much the have marked up the full-size Bronco ...

They get plenty of full-size Broncos in and, although i've thought of it, I can't see myself paying $20k over sticker.
Good for you. $20K over is quite insane. No one should pay anything over sticker. I paid sticker for my BS BB right off the lot and felt I shoudn' have even done that.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
I would like to sell my 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks. Dealer offered me $5000 less than a 2021 model with 16,000 miles. (I have 6,200 miles. Never off Road)

The Sticker price for a 2023 Outbanks with my Assist+ package goes up $1700 over the 2022 model.

CAR PRICES DOWN? A few thoughts
  1. Carvana may be forced by the court to sell thousands and thousands of cars -- flooding the currently bloated used car inventory out there.
  2. All Used Cars are going to sit on the lot a longtime since used car loan financing rates are getting high -- so loan qualifications for higher payments will add up.
  3. The dealer doesn't own any of these cars. The banks do. Monthly payments with a lot full of lonely cars is going to get very expensive. Dealers will be motivated
  4. Used Cars at high rates naturally have higher car payments
  5. Higher car payments increase the number of repossessions
  6. High repossession rates mean used cars come back into inventory. ( I knew a used car salesman on a corner lot who would sell one week, repo the next, then sell again.)

But its all good if you own a Bronco Sport and want to sell..
Rumor is FULL STOP on hauling and transport of Ford Bronco 1.5L and other models.

What no one is talking about is Ford Authority's little story last week implying there will be a hold on delivery of all Bronco Sports due to the recall.

FORD BRONCO SPORT DELIVERIES ARE BEING DELAYED DUE TO RECALL
Carvana doesnt have hardly any Broncos on their lots. When they do get one it goes bye bye fast.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The recall is old news and already made the rounds on here.
Sponsored