Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The sides are heavy felt like in the wheel wells. Really not much Protection.
Someone said under the felt on the sides is a metal bash plate.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I feel like if I hold out a few more months there will be even better options out there.
I dig the front bash plate made of steel with access doors for the oil filter and drain plug.
Low down like that the 28 pounds might increase felt stability in the corners ya think ?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I feel like if I hold out a few more months there will be even better options out there.
I dig the front bash plate made of steel with access doors for the oil filter and drain plug.
Low down like that the 28 pounds might increase felt stability in the corners ya think ?
Keep holding your breath šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t mean this in offense, but I donā€™t expect the BS market to blow up with aftermarket options.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Keep holding your breath šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t mean this in offense, but I donā€™t expect the BS market to blow up with aftermarket options.
I am not seeing anyone else besides your company offering comprehensive under body armor for sports. Others have under engine skid plates and some bumper skid plates but your the only one addressing the whole underside that I can see.

And no one has stepped up with a front tow hook solution for lower trims so that market is there for the taking.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yeah Iā€™d love a front and rear tow hook I could mount by myself with my torque wrench and if I had to cut plastic I would hope it would be in an unseen place.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I have brought the tow hook for lower trims up to a couple vendors and they don't say nubs act like they don't hear it. Demand is there money in the bank for a front tow hook lower trims product.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
I like this! Been a little worried about scraping and medium worried about theft. Our secondary cat isnā€™t the best target for the real pros, but easy enough for the amateur to chop. The pros are mostly going after hybrid (longer lived more expensive cat) and bigger displacement (bigger cat) vehicles. They donā€™t seem to care about ground clearance any more.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Someone said under the felt on the sides is a metal bash plate.
Yes on the badlands- driver side. That is whatā€™s reported but I havenā€™t gone out yet to pull the felt down to see whatā€™s under the felt.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I have brought the tow hook for lower trims up to a couple vendors and they don't say nubs act like they don't hear it. Demand is there money in the bank for a front tow hook lower trims product.
Like for a winch it seems to be a structural issue? What I think might work would involve stresses opposite the design. There is a separate bolted on front cross member that is the actual inpact bumber behind the cover. Im guessing maybe it is not made to be pulled on but only pushed.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Like for a winch it seems to be a structural issue? What I think might work would involve stresses opposite the design. There is a separate bolted on front cross member that is the actual inpact bumber behind the cover. Im guessing maybe it is not made to be pulled on but only pushed.
Yeah those bolts behind bumper cover not strong enough. The badlands has a thick bracket welded to front frame that the tow hook bolts too. But Ford doesn't weld that bracket to the frames of the lower trims.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Just ordered one of these. Plan to be going back out to visit family in Cali where cat theft is rampant. Hopefully this will slow them down if attempted. Installation looks straightforward, although not having a lift will be less comfortable. Cheers!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered one of these. Plan to be going back out to visit family in Cali where cat theft is rampant. Hopefully this will slow them down if attempted. Installation looks straightforward, although not having a lift will be less comfortable. Cheers!
Blue Loctite on the skid plate bolts that will slow them down they will be like screw this and move to the next vehicle.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for offering this. Even though my BS is in the garage every night while at home, they seem to get hit often now while out at night.
What a shame it's come to this. Why don't these losers just get a real job ? Sad times we live in.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
On the driver's side of the badlands there are gas lines and other important looking things. I found this out when the front half of mine ripped loose when I scraped dirt with it.

In NM we have no bail. Only 5% of offenders are re-arrested the same day. Most of them don't get arrested agoin for a month or so.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.