Bronco Sport Big Bend vs Subaru Forester?

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hmmm. Hard to say about off road capability but the newer Subarus do seem well put together without the typical Ford squeaks and rattles. Somewhat strange throttle response sometimes though — perhaps CVT related?

If your friend is trying to make you feel worse about your decision perhaps you should tell them to make their own decisions.
Yeah I definitely think Subarus are nice and I'm not trying to knock them. Also he isn't trying to make me feel bad about my decision. I guess what I was originally saying is that we are competitive and we love to talk smack to eachother. Oh your car sucks mines better blah blah...its all just playful banter. I guess I was just curious if people had any tech knowledge to see if he will make me look like a fool if we go romp around LOL. That's all.
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The non Badlands Sports should be able to do better than most Subarus. The only Subaru that might challenge the lower trim Sports would be one of the Outbacks with the turbo engine but even then their approaching departure angles are garbage.

Don't worry if your skill levels are equal you'll be fine. However the difference won't be huge, tires will play a large role.

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The non Badlands Sports should be able to do better than most Subarus. The only Subaru that might challenge the lower trim Sports would be one of the Outbacks with the turbo engine but even then their approaching departure angles are garbage.

Don't worry if your skill levels are equal you'll be fine. However the difference won't be huge, tires will play a large role.
Is the CVT the reason why the BS would do better? Also, I'd love to look into some new tires. I definitely want to upgrade in the future. I'm starting to see some pictures of people throwing some beefier all terrains and I hear they're a huge upgrade.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Is the CVT the reason why the BS would do better? Also, I'd love to look into some new tires. I definitely want to upgrade in the future. I'm starting to see some pictures of people throwing some beefier all terrains and I hear they're a huge upgrade.
Your approach and departure angles will be better. The AWD system they put in the Sport is much better than the one in the Forester.

This is an Outback but a Forester will perform similarly. Subarus have trouble with hill climbs due to the lack of being able to use all their torque.

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your approach and departure angles will be better. The AWD system they put in the Sport is much better than the one in the Forester.

This is an Outback but a Forester will perform similarly. Subarus have trouble with hill climbs due to the lack of being able to use all their torque.

Ahhh okay this is great. Thank you!

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Ahhh okay this is great. Thank you!

If you look at 15 minutes into this video the Forester has trouble with that little baby obstacle at the end. I'd expect a broncosport of any trim to go right over that. Most of this video shows the force to go down obstacles not up.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
This is probably the funniest thing i've read today and I cant want to use this against him. Anyways, is there a chance that a middle aged lesbian's car choice will make me feel buyers remorse?! LOL
Yes, they're actually pretty nice. two of my closest friends have one and they also happen to be middle aged lesbians. They have a wrangler too but the Subaru is the one that gets all the love.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is probably the funniest thing i've read today and I cant want to use this against him. Anyways, is there a chance that a middle aged lesbian's car choice will make me feel buyers remorse?! LOL
Personally not if you are happy with your bronco...who cares what they got. Price, performance, comfort. That's the big picture. Grass isn't greener, and if it is, just more shit to mow, weed, and keep looking nice lol. Enjoy the bronco. There are plenty of challenges putting the Bronco out front against many in class.is what you make of it.

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Personally not if you are happy with your bronco...who cares what they got. Price, performance, comfort. That's the big picture. Grass isn't greener, and if it is, just more shit to mow, weed, and keep looking nice lol. Enjoy the bronco. There are plenty of challenges putting the Bronco out front against many in class.is what you make of it.
Very true...I appreciate this haha makes me change my perspective a bit. I do love the thing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Very true...I appreciate this haha makes me change my perspective a bit. I do love the thing.
After testing one my wife questioned my decision. I drove it again and knew it was a good fit for what I want. That's all that matters. I'm driving it. Enjoy the ride?though we just returned from Vegas, and green grass wasn't the norm. Valley of fire...now that's where a Bronco needs to be. Love it out there.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And I got another fact... how many Broncos Sport are in your area? For now we have a Very limited privilege to drive one of these beautiful wild horses....
For example, I saw probably 2 or 3 BS in the wild in my area in over 3 months..... (Raleigh/Durham/Cary even I drove to Charlotte)...

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And I got another fact... how many Broncos Sport are in your area? For now we have a Very limited privilege to drive one of these beautiful wild horses....
For example, I saw probably 2 or 3 BS in the wild in my area in over 3 months..... (Raleigh/Durham/Cary even I drove to Charlotte)...
I've seen one other one besides mine.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Hmmm. Hard to say about off road capability but the newer Subarus do seem well put together without the typical Ford squeaks and rattles.
Having worked for (and owned cars built by) both companies, I can assure you that the Subaru is indeed a better built vehicle.

As far as off road capabilities and buyers remorse I wouldn’t worry about it. I suspect most Foresters and Bronco Sports will never see a trail.

Do you like it? Does it do what you need it to do? If yes, then who cares what everyone else drives?

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think your BS has the upper hand here but driver experience can make all the difference. I do a lot of offroading in my other truck which is a lifted FJ Cruiser and on the trails I see a lot of guys with trucks more modified than mine not making it through or over obstacles simply because they aren't using their vehicle correctly or just lack the experience and take wrong line etc.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
My super competitive friend got a Subaru Forester at the same time I got my Big Bend. He keeps talking smack saying it wont keep up off road. I don't know anything about anything except I love my Bronco Sport. If I go romp around with him, am I going to look like a dummy?

What do you guys think???
Just sold my underpowered Subaru and ordered a Big Bend.

Subaru flaws: Tech from last decade, weird cvt performance. Have to vote Democrat. Ugly.
Sponsored