Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport GT350
Brakes squeal. That's what they do.
Educate and understand. Dealers are telling the truth. Better (bigger, long wearing) brakes may squeal more than little brakes with soft pads.
Bedding brakes in, using them hard now and then, and heat management by not stopping and holding in place may help. If you stop hard, roll a little (inches) to move the pads on the hot rotors and let them cool more evenly

Sponsored

Orveezy

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Brakes squeal. That's what they do.
Educate and understand. Dealers are telling the truth. Better (bigger, long wearing) brakes may squeal more than little brakes with soft pads.
Bedding brakes in, using them hard now and then, and heat management by not stopping and holding in place may help. If you stop hard, roll a little (inches) to move the pads on the hot rotors and let them cool more evenly

Ok, that makes sense. But to be clear I find it annoying especially since my previous cars never had this problem. Oh well, time to trade it it :/

Orveezy

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For the record, I'm about 3k miles in on my Outer Banks and I'm hearing mild brake squeal. I hear it in the front under soft and extended braking during 90+ degree weather. I disabled brake assist and the noise still persists. I'll update after I go on my 3k mile road trip :/

Things I'll make note of:
1. Does it squeak during cold weather?
2. Did I drive thru a lot of dust/dirt?

Oh well, I dig my OB but the squeaking is not confidence inspiring.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Cool Porsche video. Once again my Base model Is an oddity.
Not once have I ever had any brake squeal. Starting my 7th month of ownership I'm @ 6,900 miles now.....
After washing my Bronc and letting it sit a day or two I can see surface rust all over the rotors.
When I first start down my mountain I'm creeping down the first section riding the brakes. (It's a 13/14% slope).
My brakes moan loudly for about 100 feet untill all that surface rust is rubbed off but that's the only time I've ever had any brake noise.
I am careful not to contribute to rotor glazing.
I never go on and off the brake pedal when braking down long descents. Steady pressure generates far less heat.
I do let up and roll a foot at lights often to keep my engine running
And once almost stopped I roll just a bit..inches.
No Idea if that helps.....

Last edited:

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
3,500 miles on my Big Bend and haven't notice much with windows up (it's been a summer) but noticing some semi-frequent squeaking when the windows are down. It seeeeeeems to happen more when I've driveway washed the fella, so low key brake rust maybe? And of course, crunchy and sticky brakes during the hot humidity after a rain. (Which I experienced on my 14 Fusion) The explanation video helped a lot, but it seems like moisture is something that's gonna mess with it regardless?

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I get the exact same thing. Only in reverse after it rains. It loud and almost sounds like the caliper is seized up on the rotor.

Orveezy

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I couldn't deal with it anymore so unfortunately I sold my BS. The good news is that its a seller's market so Carmax gave me a really good deal. I put about 5k on it and I still sold it for 99% of its value!!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I couldn't deal with it anymore so unfortunately I sold my BS. The good news is that its a seller's market so Carmax gave me a really good deal. I put about 5k on it and I still sold it for 99% of its value!!
sorry it worked out that way for you but thanks for recycling.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine make noise when they get warm ( moderate usage) Badlands. A friend of Mine's Big Bend with the same mileage ( 2500-3000) has the same issue and the same exact usage. In the past its been usually because of subpar pad material. The performance of the pads have been great, its just either the material or one of the shims or shimming material is loose. I MAY take them apart and see if I can put some Permatex Brake quiet on them or inspect the shims. First, I may just go to the dealer and mention it as well... It is relatively annoying.

Suckydog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I get the exact same thing. Only in reverse after it rains. It loud and almost sounds like the caliper is seized up on the rotor.
I also get the same thing, but it happens every day when I back out in the morning. It’s also happening after I’ve been driving for a while, so maybe it’s getting worse? Asked people in the Bronco Sport group on Reddit, and there’s been about 20 people so far saying the same thing. Took it to my dealership today and they can’t find anything wrong. I’ve never had a car do this, unless the brakes were worn down

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I also get the same thing, but it happens every day when I back out in the morning. It’s also happening after I’ve been driving for a while, so maybe it’s getting worse? Asked people in the Bronco Sport group on Reddit, and there’s been about 20 people so far saying the same thing. Took it to my dealership today and they can’t find anything wrong. I’ve never had a car do this, unless the brakes were worn down
I think the conditions have to be perfect to replicated it. Mine also does it when its really humid outside. Im curious if the parking brake has to be adjusted.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Same here...started when the weather cooled down or when it was damp. Not at all worried about it ...my neighbors Ram does the same thing, my F150 and VW did it too. It's just when I back up for a few seconds only
Sponsored