SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hmm I thought I had this issue but it only happens when I back it out of the garage and it's not very loud. If my stereo is playing at a reasonable volume, I'll forget it even does this. So after having read several explanations on this thread, I'm thinking it's because I wash it about once a week or more if it gets pretty dirty or too many bug splatters. I typically go straight home from the carwash and handwipe any excess water with microfiber, and stick it in the garage until the next morning. Sooo maybe a bit of that surface rust from it drying is to blame?

Anyone? Bueller?
Sponsored

ThatWilsonGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2dr JK Rubicon
Just another example of break squeak, almost exclusively in reverse. We haven't seen extreme cold yet but to this point it is completely independent of temperature, weather, moisture or drive time. My wife's Bronco has almost 8k miles and it does it every day backing out of the garage.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The new F-150's do it as well, same scenario. I think Ford may have switched suppliers during covid and we got these.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Glad I found this thread. My December build BS has almost 12,000 miles. Just started the weird squeak 4 days ago. Just in reverse. Not all the time. And weirdly just on gravel roads. She is due for service soon, I'l make sure they inspect the brakes.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I know this is an old thread but my 21 Badlands is getting the dreaded brake squeal.

It happened yesterday and today (both over 100 degrees with high humidity) but only on the way back home this afternoon and with a light press/hold of the pedal. Goes away after a bit of 'aggressive' braking.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I know this is an old thread but my 21 Badlands is getting the dreaded brake squeal.

It happened yesterday and today (both over 100 degrees with high humidity) but only on the way back home this afternoon and with a light press/hold of the pedal. Goes away after a bit of 'aggressive' braking.
Driving forward or backward?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hi there. This brake squeak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hi there. This brake squeak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
No thanks.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
No thanks.
Not up to taking to the dealer and get the 'its normal' or 'we dont hear anything' or 'not covered' or 'cant look at it until next month' type of ordeal? You know like 99 percent chance dealer will not do anything and hope you go away and never come back...

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Not up to taking to the dealer and get the 'its normal' or 'we dont hear anything' or 'not covered' or 'cant look at it until next month' type of ordeal? You know like 99 percent chance dealer will not do anything and hope you go away and never come back...
Not that. I just don't feel like going through the hassle of telling @Ford Motor Company my name, VIN, location, reiterating what the problem is only to be told that I should contact my dealer to get it 'resolved.'

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
So, the dealership determined it to be bad front pads and glazing on the rotor surface.

He mentioned the front brake recall and, although this isn’t part of the recall, it would require the same, updated pads. Problem? They are back ordered until … who knows when and even then, vehicles with recalls take priority over mine.

hdiego05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I am having the same issue. Usually when it is hot outside as well. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t replicate the issue. They said to bring it in when I hear it. Kind of embarrassing driving around with a brand new car with brakes squeaking

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I am having the same issue. Usually when it is hot outside as well. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t replicate the issue. They said to bring it in when I hear it. Kind of embarrassing driving around with a brand new car with brakes squeaking
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s brake squeak concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Find a new dealer.

Initially, mine couldn't hear it either as if the vehicle sits for an hour or so it cools down enough that they don't squeal initially. After driving it around for about 20 minutes the squeal appeared.
Sponsored