scottfwalter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sadly my Bronco Sport Badlands which I picked up on Thursday is already in the shop. The right-front blinker doesn't work. When you use the turn signal to go right it makes a super fast blinking sound.

I took it in yesterday and they replaced a bulb and everything looked good. I started home and after 5 or 6 uses of the blinker light went out again.

So now my branding spanking new Bronco Sport is sitting at the dealer waiting for a new headlight to get ordered and installed. I hope this fixes the issue and it's not a wiring issue.

A lady on Facebook said she had a similar issue but for the rear blinker. In her case the vehicle le had the wrong size fuse. It would be funny if they ordered a brand new headlight and the issue was a simple fuse replacement.

At least I can spend the weekend looking at and prioritizing accessories I want for it.

The day I had the vehicle I loved it. Feels so much more than a typical SUV.
Sponsored

Reactions: WLK

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sadly my Bronco Sport Badlands which I picked up on Thursday is already in the shop. The right-front blinker doesn't work. When you use the turn signal to go right it makes a super fast blinking sound.

I took it in yesterday and they replaced a bulb and everything looked good. I started home and after 5 or 6 uses of the blinker light went out again.

So now my branding spanking new Bronco Sport is sitting at the dealer waiting for a new headlight to get ordered and installed. I hope this fixes the issue and it's not a wiring issue.

A lady on Facebook said she had a similar issue but for the rear blinker. In her case the vehicle le had the wrong size fuse. It would be funny if they ordered a brand new headlight and the issue was a simple fuse replacement.

At least I can spend the weekend looking at and prioritizing accessories I want for it.

Just drive in Ohio they don't use turn signals anyways... But seriously I hope it's a quick fix.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I would have driven it until the part came in and just used hand signals if the back right signal was still working.

OP
OP
scottfwalter

scottfwalter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I would have driven it until the part came in and just used hand signals if the back right signal was still working.
Yes I should have done that. Regretting it now. I’ll follow up on Monday morning I see when the part will arrive.

a bit frustrated as I think they are guessing at what the issue really is.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yes I should have done that. Regretting it now. I’ll follow up on Monday morning I see when the part will arrive.

a bit frustrated as I think they are guessing at what the issue really is.
Any luck today? I hope so as it’s these things that can drive us crazy!

OP
OP
scottfwalter

scottfwalter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Any luck today? I hope so as it’s these things that can drive us crazy!
thanks for asking. Funny story. I called up my service advisor and he said the headlight replacement is on Back order and Ford does not have an ETA on the headlight replacement.

So I told them that I will come and pick up the vehicle today because I didn’t want it sitting in there on a lot with incoming rain. Just my luck there would be hail. However, the blinker is working properly now even though they haven’t done anything.

There must be some kind of ghost in the machine. I am not telling the dealer that the blinker is working at least for a week or until the part is available.

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
thanks for asking. Funny story. I called up my service advisor and he said the headlight replacement is on Back order and Ford does not have an ETA on the headlight replacement.

So I told them that I will come and pick up the vehicle today because I didn’t want it sitting in there on a lot with incoming rain. Just my luck there would be hail. However, the blinker is working properly now even though they haven’t done anything.

There must be some kind of ghost in the machine. I am not telling the dealer that the blinker is working at least for a week or until the part is available.
Maybe they put some blinker fluid in it :giggle:

Ford Bronco Sport Blinker Failure 91Uj0H6tTBL._AC_SL1500_

tlc22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Did you ever find a solution to this? Currently having this issue with mine.

tlc22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They replaced the entire head lamp. I haven’t had any issues since then.
Good to know. Mine just went out and I’ve only had it a month. The dealership had no idea what to do and this is the only info I could find!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
More then likely a short in the system .

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr