Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
2022 badlands
1.25” HRG Lift
245/70r17 BFG KO2
Fifteen52 wheels
Rough country nudge bar
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 780F9F1F-082E-44C9-9B4E-E68EFBAE4EB8
You’ve done exactly what I have planned. Thanks for validating that the bronze wheels look fantastic with the CG.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
2022 badlands
1.25” HRG Lift
245/70r17 BFG KO2
Fifteen52 wheels
Rough country nudge bar
Magnaflow dual exhaust
Rhino Rack pioneer platform

Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 780F9F1F-082E-44C9-9B4E-E68EFBAE4EB8
That nudge bar doesn't for you to remove the tow hooks, some of the others I've seen do, where does that mount? That build is gorgeous! Probably my favorite so far I've seen!

BSoftRoader

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco sport
That nudge bar doesn't for you to remove the tow hooks, some of the others I've seen do, where does that mount? That build is gorgeous! Probably my favorite so far I've seen!
I notched the RC bracket to allow the tow hooks to stay. The nudge bar isn’t really carrying much weight. It’s essentially just cosmetic.
Ford Bronco Sport Big Tires for BS Badlands 554BE29D-8296-47C8-9792-05C765816869

OP
OP
Bamsi

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The video creator said there was no rubbing with the 255's with the stock suspensions. Given the badlands has an inch lift compared to the Big Bend I think they'll fit great.
To good to be true! Photos!

notabumblebee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoSport

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some food for thought, the Ford Maverick guys seem to have much more information on tire sizes. Since the BS and Maverick share the same platform with the same ground clearance I think wheel well is probably the same as well.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/list-of-larger-aftermarket-all-terrain-tires-sizes-that-will-fit-the-ford-maverick.7776/

Once my 235's get worn down I plan to go with 255/65/17, it'll be awhile but I'll post an update when I get them put on.
I think you are making a big assumption about the wheel wells being the same. The problem on the BS seems to be the weld flange at the back of the wheel well. Some have trimmed that flange but since it has welds in it, that may not be a good idea.

If you are building a mall crawler, the 255/65/17 should be fine. If you are going to go off road and will have the suspension fully articulated, then 245/65/17 seems to be the consensus of the limit with any rubbing/trimming.

When my BS arrives and I’m installing new wheels/tires and the HRG lift kit, I was hoping to do some articulation while it is in the air to take some pictures for reference here. At this point though, I don’t know when that will be.

notabumblebee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoSport
I think you are making a big assumption about the wheel wells being the same. The problem on the BS seems to be the weld flange at the back of the wheel well. Some have trimmed that flange but since it has welds in it, that may not be a good idea.

If you are building a mall crawler, the 255/65/17 should be fine. If you are going to go off road and will have the suspension fully articulated, then 245/65/17 seems to be the consensus of the limit with any rubbing/trimming.

When my BS arrives and I’m installing new wheels/tires and the HRG lift kit, I was hoping to do some articulation while it is in the air to take some pictures for reference here. At this point though, I don’t know when that will be.
You don't think the unibody maverick sharing the same C2 platform and unusual 5x108mm bolt pattern has a similar pitch weld? I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension components were the same.

It's just an observation, not stating a fact that they're the exact same.

I wanted to add spacers to the front to level out the rake but after reading this article, I don't think it's a good idea long term. You can't run a larger tire even with the lift so seems rather pointless for anyone who actually off roads.

I'll stick with my factory BS lift for now I guess.

The Bronco Sport looks a lot cooler with 31-inch tires and a small lift kit, as shown on the concept car above, though a Ford engineer told me he would “never suggest to lift these vehicles.”

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-everything-it-needs-to-c-1845821988

DAWiens

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Better tire on wet road? Here in the Caribbean we do not have show, but hurricane season and rain. But good enough for ocasional off-roading.
I have 245/65-17 BFG KO2s, no issues on or off road. Had them on before the I installed my lift, and still no issues. Great tire, a little more noise, but great in all conditions. I have also heard good reviews for the Toyo Open Country AT3s.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
You don't think the unibody maverick sharing the same C2 platform and unusual 5x108mm bolt pattern has a similar pitch weld? I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension components were the same.

I wanted to add spacers to the front to level out the rake but after reading this article, I don't think it's a good idea long term. You can't run a larger tire even with the lift so seems rather pointless for anyone who actually off roads.

The Bronco Sport looks a lot cooler with 31-inch tires and a small lift kit, as shown on the concept car above, though a Ford engineer told me he would “never suggest to lift these vehicles.”

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-everything-it-needs-to-c-1845821988
My first thought was the same but I stuck my nose in the wheel and Tire section of the maverick forum and there are people there that claim a 255/75/17 tire will clear, with a 2" lift!!! I have speculated that the BS could fit a larger tire, if the wheels could be pushed forward a little. Maybe the Maverick has a different lower control are, that does that?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I’m just going from what I have read here. People that have gone any bigger than 245/65/17 have some rub and have to mitigate it in some way. That clearance doesn’t change if you have a lift or not, unless it is a mall crawler. If the suspension is never fully articulated, you can put a really big tire on the BS.

I haven’t read through the article yet but I will.
Sponsored