Big Bend Tow Hooks

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Looks like it might be the entire impact member for the front bumper, i.e. what sits •behind• the pretty plastics.
Yup. That's what it looks like since there is no bolts or anything to attach that piece to the impact member. Makes this upgrade super cost prohibitive.
Sponsored

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Maybe confirmed with this parts image. Seems us non-BL folks are missing the grey piece in the top right.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Screenshot 2021-11-18 162829
Grey piece top right is on all models. I can confirm that on my teardown it was there and have an OB. The part that is missing is what I highlighted in Red in these photos. Though it "Could" be a different bumper, I believe you or someone pointed out on here a $1300+ part. I think its a factory mod based on the indicators for model of the $1300+ part and it not being a different model for BL or FE
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XUJTfec
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XWJGbp6

vyruz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Toyota 86
Why is is so expensive to add some tow hooks to this car? It's such a shame that even after 6 months to a year there's still no viable options

Last edited:

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Update: the issue came back!

There was no rhyme or reason with how it happened but it was a VERY simple fix.

Take the fob and hit the lift gate unlock button x2. Lift it a little bit, shut it, go over to the touch door locks on the handle and touch it where you would normally to lock the vehicle. That's it. Tested it bunches of times. It recognizes the fob now in my pocket and allows me to open the gate without doing anything extra other than pressing that button to unlock and "ajar" the lift gate.

Another theory: maybe you just need to send the signal to the lift gate every once in awhile the same way you you send the signal when you double tap unlock to unlock all doors? I don't know.

Try it and tell me if it works.
Why is is so expensive to add some tow hooks to this car? It's such a shame that energy after 6 months to a year there's still no viable options
At this point you’re better off trading up to a trim with front tow hooks lol

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I had my badlands on my lift today and took this picture. I took the clips out of the felt wheel well liner on passengers side in front of tire. Looking straight in from the side you can see the thick metal bracket that is welded to the frame. I was hoping to be able to make something similar to sell to others but bolt in but does not look easy. So I assume that bracket welded to the frame is what lower trims are missing?

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Tow Hook Bracket Annotated

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had my badlands on my lift today and took this picture. I took the clips out of the felt wheel well liner on passengers side in front of tire. Looking straight in from the side you can see the thick metal bracket that is welded to the frame. I was hoping to be able to make something similar to sell to others but bolt in but does not look easy. So I assume that bracket welded to the frame is what lower trims are missing?

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Tow Hook Bracket Annotated
1000% This! Thank you for confirming. I'm on this thread and a few others. Not sure how frequently you have your BS up on a lift and exposed but would be immensely interested in some dimensions of this bracket if you are ever up for it! I am interested in mocking it up in CAD and having it fabricated at some point, just don't have a BL or FE to take the measurements off of.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
1000% This! Thank you for confirming. I'm on this thread and a few others. Not sure how frequently you have your BS up on a lift and exposed but would be immensely interested in some dimensions of this bracket if you are ever up for it! I am interested in mocking it up in CAD and having it fabricated at some point, just don't have a BL or FE to take the measurements off of.
It has road salt in wheel wells right now and 20 degrees out but next time I wash it I put on my lift again hold measuring tape up to it snap more pics.

First Name
Albini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford BRONCO SPORT
This is a good response on the other tow hook thread:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/base-model-ob-bb-front-tow-hooks.3148/page-2#post-71848

”This is 100% possible (and apologies for the delay if they have already okay'd) I did it to my OB, no problems with the cutout and install of the hooks and 4 bolts. The issue is the lack of rear bracket and nuts on any available parts site, internal or 3rd party, and without the rear bracket and nut to screw on the back of the hooks, the best you could tow is a plastic 4 wheeler, given the hooks will have almost no weight bearing capacity. I suspect we will have to wait until

First Name
Albini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford BRONCO SPORT
I have a 2022 Ford BRONCO SPORT Big Bend.At the dealer, they took the bumper off and the same hooks for the Badlands do not fit. I bought 2 Red tow hooks from Amazon and having them installed under the front bumper Monday the 13 September.
I painted them black and We're going to drill 4 holes under the frame.The hooks will stick out enough to hook anything on them.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Ford BRONCO SPORT Big Bend.At the dealer, they took the bumper off and the same hooks for the Badlands do not fit. I bought 2 Red tow hooks from Amazon and having them installed under the front bumper Monday the 13 September.
I painted them black and We're going to drill 4 holes under the frame.The hooks will stick out enough to hook anything on them.
Cool.
Love to see some pics of the process if you get a chance

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put the tow hooks on my BB. You don't have to take the bumper off but you do have to cut out the vent like opening with a dremel. The tow hooks can then be mounted in the holes on the frame. The only thing is that there is no frame brace for the end of the hook rod. There is a trim piece on the bumper that you should remove prior to cutting out the panel hole. When you buy the hooks which are about $180 apiece you also need to get the 4 bolts to connect the hooks to the two threaded holes on each side.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0695.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0696.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0697.JPG
Do you have the part number for the bolts?