shansen1

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Planning to do this to my OB. None of the parts guides or exploded diagrams I have found indicate a lack of structure at the back of the hooks, do you by chance have any pictures of the back of them when installed?
Unfortunately not. The end of the tow hook is just exposed rod with threads to hook onto the frame bracket which the BB does not have. When I get more time I am going to look into getting something made.

shansen1

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks pretty good! Can you show some detail as to what you cut, the trim piece that needs to be moved and the bolts used ect… also interest to see pictures off the structure behind that is in the Badlands but possibly not on Big Bend. Thanks!
On the 3rd picture there is a lighter grey trim piece that pops off. That allows you to get to the bumper cover that has the locations where you can cut the openings out. I would suggest tracing around the the edge of the trim before removing it. There is a link to the installation of a push bar made by Ford Ranger Lifts that requires the same cutout. This bar is bolted onto the bumper frame.

https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You just have to cut it out
Unfortunately not. The end of the tow hook is just exposed rod with threads to hook onto the frame bracket which the BB does not have. When I get more time I am going to look into getting something made.
You can add the hooks, it does not thread in to any model, they have a washer and nut on the backside. Also the cover does not need to be cut. It is secured with clips and can easily be removed. There is also separate left and right recovery hooks too.

shansen1

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Planning to do this to my OB. None of the parts guides or exploded diagrams I have found indicate a lack of structure at the back of the hooks, do you by chance have any pictures of the back of them when installed?
Found these pictures on this forum where the owner is removing them to repaint them.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XUJTfec

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XWJGbp6

vault_boy

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is how it looks on a Big Bend.

I'm sure a fabricator should be able to make something.
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG-1746

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I put the tow hooks on my BB. You don't have to take the bumper off but you do have to cut out the vent like opening with a dremel. The tow hooks can then be mounted in the holes on the frame. The only thing is that there is no frame brace for the end of the hook rod. There is a trim piece on the bumper that you should remove prior to cutting out the panel hole. When you buy the hooks which are about $180 apiece you also need to get the 4 bolts to connect the hooks to the two threaded holes on each side.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0695.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0696.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0697.JPG
This was a post showing the factory recovery hooks on a BB

Dutch

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I put the tow hooks on my BB. You don't have to take the bumper off but you do have to cut out the vent like opening with a dremel. The tow hooks can then be mounted in the holes on the frame. The only thing is that there is no frame brace for the end of the hook rod. There is a trim piece on the bumper that you should remove prior to cutting out the panel hole. When you buy the hooks which are about $180 apiece you also need to get the 4 bolts to connect the hooks to the two threaded holes on each side.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0695.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0696.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks IMG_0697.JPG
Looks clean and nice

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Found these pictures on this forum where the owner is removing them to repaint them.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XUJTfec

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks XWJGbp6
That is the part that eludes me. While I'd consider having something made, it would be WAY simpler for Ford to sell the parts, I don't even care that it would be crazy expensive at this point...

What is interesting is that it looks like it hangs down, rather than attaching to the vertical frame portion I had hypothesized, unless it is both and the images don't do it enough justice.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This is a good response on the other tow hook thread:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/base-model-ob-bb-front-tow-hooks.3148/page-2#post-71848

”This is 100% possible (and apologies for the delay if they have already okay'd) I did it to my OB, no problems with the cutout and install of the hooks and 4 bolts. The issue is the lack of rear bracket and nuts on any available parts site, internal or 3rd party, and without the rear bracket and nut to screw on the back of the hooks, the best you could tow is a plastic 4 wheeler, given the hooks will have almost no weight bearing capacity. I suspect we will have to wait until the tech portal shows more information, or the full parts and repair manual is available to customers directly, for an answer as to what these part numbers are.”

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Maybe confirmed with this parts image. Seems us non-BL folks are missing the grey piece in the top right.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Screenshot 2021-11-18 162829

OP
OP
BroncoPapa

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Maybe confirmed with this parts image. Seems us non-BL folks are missing the grey piece in the top right.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Screenshot 2021-11-18 162829
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Screenshot 2021-11-19 120149

Does anyone know what this part is? Kind of seems like it might be the piece everyone is looking for but it can't be that simple, can it?

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Tow Hooks Screenshot 2021-11-19 120149

Does anyone know what this part is? Kind of seems like it might be the piece everyone is looking for but it can't be that simple, can it?
Looks like it might be the entire impact member for the front bumper, i.e. what sits •behind• the pretty plastics.

OP
OP
BroncoPapa

BroncoPapa

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks like it might be the entire impact member for the front bumper, i.e. what sits •behind• the pretty plastics.
I thought that at first but is it that cheap? That part number isn't listed on the diagram either.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I thought that at first but is it that cheap? That part number isn't listed on the diagram either.
Infix section for that part-number is `17757` but I cannot find the full part-number for certainty. Looks like the main component is about $1350 retail.

Edit, it •is likely to be• `LX6Z-17757-F`

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport/Bumper-Impact-Bar-Front/94591156/LX6Z17757F.html

(and the tow-hooks that attach to it, for reference)

Right Hand: LX6Z-17A954-B
https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport-Badlands-Sport-Utility-20L-EcoBoost-AT/HOOK---TOWING---FRONT-TOW-HOOK/94602571/LX6Z17A954B.html

Left Hand: LX6Z-17A955-A
https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport-Badlands-Sport-Utility-20L-EcoBoost-AT/HOOK---TOWING---FRONT-TOW-HOOK/94591158/LX6Z17A955A.html
Sponsored

Last edited: