AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I work as parts person at the local Ford Dealer and had a customer come in to ask if this was possible. this is the catalog page for the tow hooks. Ford does not list a replacement procedure on their tech portal. from what I can see you should be able to remove the bumper cover and order the 2 hooks and 4 mounting bolts to outfit any Bronco with them. I will inform you if the customer approves us to do this and if it works or not.
Ford Bronco Sport Base Model/OB/BB Front Tow Hooks Broncho Sport Tow hooks
that's kind of what i thought, however i never had a chance to take off the frt bumper.
thanks for the info!!
Sponsored

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I work as parts person at the local Ford Dealer and had a customer come in to ask if this was possible. this is the catalog page for the tow hooks. Ford does not list a replacement procedure on their tech portal. from what I can see you should be able to remove the bumper cover and order the 2 hooks and 4 mounting bolts to outfit any Bronco with them. I will inform you if the customer approves us to do this and if it works or not.
Ford Bronco Sport Base Model/OB/BB Front Tow Hooks Broncho Sport Tow hooks
This is 100% possible (and apologies for the delay if they have already okay'd) I did it to my OB, no problems with the cutout and install of the hooks and 4 bolts. The issue is the lack of rear bracket and nuts on any available parts site, internal or 3rd party, and without the rear bracket and nut to screw on the back of the hooks, the best you could tow is a plastic 4 wheeler, given the hooks will have almost no weight bearing capacity. I suspect we will have to wait until the tech portal shows more information, or the full parts and repair manual is available to customers directly, for an answer as to what these part numbers are.

wilfredbucoy

Big Bend
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is 100% possible (and apologies for the delay if they have already okay'd) I did it to my OB, no problems with the cutout and install of the hooks and 4 bolts. The issue is the lack of rear bracket and nuts on any available parts site, internal or 3rd party, and without the rear bracket and nut to screw on the back of the hooks, the best you could tow is a plastic 4 wheeler, given the hooks will have almost no weight bearing capacity. I suspect we will have to wait until the tech portal shows more information, or the full parts and repair manual is available to customers directly, for an answer as to what these part numbers are.
Hi Ross,

I am revisiting this. I was going to buy a bump bar from Ford Ranger Lifts:
https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/nudge-bar-light-bar
I was emailing them and they assured me that this thing only needs to be bolted to where the tow-hooks would be. There are tow-hooks built onto the bar and they seem to only be secured by the two bolts. I think he has a BL or FE Bronco Sport. That said, I don't know how sturdy it would be on a BB or OB. For looks, probably great, but if you really needed to be pulled out would they work?

I still prefer the look of tow-hooks though. Have you had any success with finding a way to support the rear of the tow-hook parts? They look like to are inserted into something... is there no way to secure them except for the two bolts in the front?

Rough County has their Nudge Bar, which mounts to the lower frame and I think the two bolts where the tow-hooks would go. I really can't tell on any photos or videos. But I wonder if someone could fabricate something like that to better secure the Ford tow-hooks? Possibly incorporating the rear portion which seem to insert into air.

Cheers,
WB

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi Ross,

I am revisiting this. I was going to buy a bump bar from Ford Ranger Lifts:
https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/nudge-bar-light-bar
I was emailing them and they assured me that this thing only needs to be bolted to where the tow-hooks would be. There are tow-hooks built onto the bar and they seem to only be secured by the two bolts. I think he has a BL or FE Bronco Sport. That said, I don't know how sturdy it would be on a BB or OB. For looks, probably great, but if you really needed to be pulled out would they work?

I still prefer the look of tow-hooks though. Have you had any success with finding a way to support the rear of the tow-hook parts? They look like to are inserted into something... is there no way to secure them except for the two bolts in the front?

Rough County has their Nudge Bar, which mounts to the lower frame and I think the two bolts where the tow-hooks would go. I really can't tell on any photos or videos. But I wonder if someone could fabricate something like that to better secure the Ford tow-hooks? Possibly incorporating the rear portion which seem to insert into air.

Cheers,
WB
So a bump bar (used to push if necessary but not rigged to pull) would be pushing on the car, not pulling the weight of the entire vehicle. The (4) screws (2 each side) are part of the bumper assembly, however the bumper assembly on the BS is not part of the frame itself, rather it is an expendable crumple-able part. So those (4) screws used for the tow hooks and for aftermarket parts are really just a very beefy mounting screw attached to a not as beefy flange. In a pinch if its lose the car or try it, I'd try it, knowing I'm likely to damage the vehicle but that's better than a total loss... I am not an engineer but the gauge of the flange, the bolts, and where they're mounted to not seem structurally strong enough to tow from all the reading I have done.

As for the rear mounting, its been located by some BL owners for me in other threads. Unfortunately it is a structural part that is welded on to the frame further back at the rear of the hooks in the BL and FE trims but not anything lower trim. I have yet to get proper measurements to build/bend/weld up some mounts for myself, but that seems to be the only way to make the tow hooks structural unless Ford releases something.

Until I can make them structural I have the tow hooks on for looks, but no plans to tow with them for now.

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Jumping on this thread as front tow hooks have been on my list for a while now. Has anyone done it yet? Are there specific hooks that will fit the sport or is that a pretty generic part? Understanding that it would really just be for looks without the additional bracket structure, its still something I'd like to add on.

First Name
Albini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford BRONCO SPORT
I
Im aware this question has been asked a few times - did some preliminary searches, i apologize in advance if I missed something, but I didn't see any answers.

Has anyone with the base model, OB, or BB taken off the bumper and attempted to install tow hooks?
I've also been searching for an answer and haven't been able to find one. I guess I am going to have to wait until there is an aftermarket kit to confirm or spend all day taking the bumper off just to explore.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Looking forward to your update.

My '14 Escape has a pop-out cap in the bumper to install the tow hook. The refreshed 3G still had the place to screw in the tow hook, but it was covered by the bumper. Lots of discussion on the Escape forum on where to cut the bumper. :)

A friend on OBX was over and parked his Mercedes SUV in my driveway. Saw him bending over looking at a hole in his bumper. Didn't know what it was. I showed him on my Escape and sent him a link to a replacement tow hook cover at Rockauto.

He went to the dealer to price out ordering and paint to match a replacement. He did Rockauto and a can of spray paint. :)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Read through this thread:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/big-bend-tow-hooks.2964/

In particular, take a look at this post:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/big-bend-tow-hooks.2964/page-3#post-73982

And this one:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/big-bend-tow-hooks.2964/page-3#post-77577

There are welded structural members on the Badlands that are missing on the other models. I don't believe the tow hooks can be used for vehicle recovery without those missing structural parts.