FERNANDO

Big Bend
First Name
FERNANDO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO SPORT 2021 BIG BEND
Hello everyone, I want to share what I just found yesterday when checking my bronco, I found a stain on the part that covers the engine case that is made of a material like plastic, checking the engine I verify that there is a leak from somewhere , I attach photos, it is in the transmission part, below the battery, today I left my bronco in the workshop, I will share the diagnosis when the workshop informs me of the fault it has and what the solution will be, so that you can check your units in case someone else has this fault, greetings from colima mexico

I do mention that I already took the unit to a call for oil leak in the cooler and everything was ok.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 1

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 2

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 3

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 4

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 5
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Wow,that sucks. Hope it’s a quick easy fix.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
oh wow it actually pooled in there, i thought it was just sweating a bit. Is it engine oil or trans fluid?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
AT’s what a warranty’s for.
I’d take it right in and leave it with your dealer.
At 26,000 I needed a water pump. I worked so close I did not need the free loaner, I walked to and from.

OP
OP

FERNANDO

Big Bend
First Name
FERNANDO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO SPORT 2021 BIG BEND
I'm back, and the dealer's response is that again there was an excess of engine oil, that is, the oil was above its level, the part that I showed them is a breather that is precisely its function, according to them They already left it at the correct level and I must observe the behavior in case it happens again, hopefully not anymore, greetings.

MDTX27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I had the exact same thing happen to mine. Took it to Ford today and they believe it’s transmission fluid based off color/smell. Left it with them so hopefully I’ll get it back in the next couple weeks..

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak IMG_0905

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I had the exact same thing happen to mine. Took it to Ford today and they believe it’s transmission fluid based off color/smell. Left it with them so hopefully I’ll get it back in the next couple weeks..

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak IMG_0905
Keep us updated, please.

MDTX27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Update: My badlands was at the Ford dealer for just over two weeks. (They didn’t provide a loaner, which was incredibly convenient…). Got a call from the service advisor today saying they were unable to locate a leak. He said they put dye in the transmission fluid , drove it around, and were unable to replicate the issue. He said they cleaned the area up and to keep an eye on it.. so who knows.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Update: My badlands was at the Ford dealer for just over two weeks. (They didn’t provide a loaner, which was incredibly convenient…). Got a call from the service advisor today saying they were unable to locate a leak. He said they put dye in the transmission fluid , drove it around, and were unable to replicate the issue. He said they cleaned the area up and to keep an eye on it.. so who knows.
Thanks for the update.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Someone posted recently he had a trans leak.

Doc Dougherty

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hello everyone, I want to share what I just found yesterday when checking my bronco, I found a stain on the part that covers the engine case that is made of a material like plastic, checking the engine I verify that there is a leak from somewhere , I attach photos, it is in the transmission part, below the battery, today I left my bronco in the workshop, I will share the diagnosis when the workshop informs me of the fault it has and what the solution will be, so that you can check your units in case someone else has this fault, greetings from colima mexico

I do mention that I already took the unit to a call for oil leak in the cooler and everything was ok.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 1

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 2

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 3

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 4

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Oil Leak 5
I have a 2023 Bronco Sport Big Bend, found the exact same issue and location. Dealer Service said no leaks were found and thought it was residue from the factory. They cleaned it up and like you, I check it about every few days to see if it reappears.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
If the other two on this thread who reported the same leak type find out it was from an overfill of oil, It would be interesting to note why. Earlier 1.5l engines had an oil pan which held a lower amount of oil; later years hold more due to larger oil pan.

Perhaps the oil changers are not aware of this.

To those on this thread that have or had this issue, what year(s) and model are your Bronco Sports?

Last edited:

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
It's coming from that breather. It must be normal since ours has the same pooled oil (or transmission fluid). Whatever that breather is venting. Personally, I'm waiting for an injector to crack so the leaking fuel will flush that away. :cwl:
Sponsored