UncleBuck

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello all, new member here and anxiously awaiting my new Bronco Sport!

Just waiting for my Badlands(Area 51, Badlands package, tow package, 360 assist+, ) to be built today 1/5 as scheduled and hopefully be speedily transported to my dealer but in the meantime I've had my head wrapped in every article to be found and 3 test drives under my belt and in doing so have been compiling a list of items that I wish were available on the Badlands and other trims. So for some background I'm coming from a Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 with everything but Eyesight so here are the things so far I will miss, let me know what your wishlist items are(if any). To be clear I am very excited about taking delivery of my new Badlands and know I can't have it all for the price point but some things could have been added as options IMO.

1-Windshield wiper de-icer(only on the First Edition in US and standard in Canada), I live in NY so it will be very missed.
2-Driver seat memory function ( I just won't let my wife drive it)
3-Sync 4 availability ( wireless android auto and Apple CarPlay would be nice)
4-side view mirror turn signals ( not a biggie for the Badlands but I'm surprised it's not in the Outer Banks trim)
5- optional rear lift gate ( again, not a huge deal but an available option would be nice)
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Welcome to the forum @UncleBuck. FYI the 360 assist + and rear under seat storage not available on the First Edition so that's a major miss for Ford as well. We moved from a Subaru Forester to the Sport and so far love it (we've only had it for 1/2 day, LOL).

OP
OP

UncleBuck

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Welcome to the forum @UncleBuck. FYI the 360 assist + and rear under seat storage not available on the First Edition so that's a major miss for Ford as well. We moved from a Subaru Forester to the Sport and so far love it (we've only had it for 1/2 day, LOL).
Congrats and best of luck! And yes, that is a major miss for a top trim level. I really don't understand the thinking behind some omissions in the trim levels. I also just noticed that the Outer Banks has the wiper defroster but skips the Badlands....??? Also to add to my list is auto dimming side mirrors with approach flood lights that I currently have on my Outback.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
1. Side mirror turn signals
2. Cursive bronco letters
3. Alexa instead of sync3
4. Power lift gate/all 4 doors
5. Universal garage door opener
6. Universal remote for garage tv
Im glad it doesn’t have the universal garage tv remote..... then I’d I’ve to put a tv in my garage.

OP
OP

UncleBuck

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think #3 is covered

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/applink/how-to-set-up-ford-alexa.html

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I can only guess that everyone's desired features for this bronco might come on the next generation of the Bronco Sport. Or a slap in the face 2022 Bronco Sport.

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Projection/forecast on whether there will be a hybrid for 2022?

OP
OP

UncleBuck

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
the manual lift gate was a slap in the face. Including on the 2022 bronco sport would be a kick in the nuts
I actually thought about leasing because of this same idea but then I saw how horrible the lease deals were. Anyway it's my gut feeling that I don't think that the 22 will but much different, they are already behind the 8 ball with the first gen. Maybe the third year IMO.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Totally agree with UGDO (all trims) and Windshield de-icer (for BL): Weird omissions

Also no power folding mirrors right? No biggie BUT at almost $40k you would think that would be an option. (correct me if I am wrong and it does have power fold. I think not)

De-icer on 1st OB but not on BL: This is the most NON-SENSICAL thing EVER:
OB is meant to be the "luxury" oriented trim, and BL is the most OFF-ROAD/Adventure" oriented.
IMO, adventures can be in mostly high elevation cold areas where you have to deal with ice and crap. So to me the windshield de-icer is more of an adventure/off road feature than a "luxury" feature.
OB can have its 18" wheels and better looking interiors and whatever but de-icer does NOT belong there MORE THAN on BL.
Ridiculous thinking.
Which trim would be in the mountainous/cold/icy areas having its adventures? OB or BL? I'd bet it would be the BL owners.

This is one feature i do like the Subarus for, but the BS BL is still the better vehicle for my needs.

(And FINALLY a dealership about 1 hour from me has an FE (someone canceled i guess?) and available for test-drive. I am interested in BL and not FE but might go and take a look to get an idea how the 2L feels... This would be my 1st BS experience/sighting if i get it done this week)

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
While I agree some features being missing from the badlands and FE that are included with the OB are puzzling, however there may be some hope that some features could theoretically be activated by Forscan down the road.
I had this issue with my Ford Escape. My titanium has the cold weather package which does have the front windshield de-icer, however my spouse's SE did not have this feature.
I did find completely by accident when cleaning the front cowl, that the heating coils were present on my SE where it was available as an option but not purchased. I found the cables unplugged and managed to connect them and plug a fuse in the empty designation and within forscan I was able to activate the front de-icer feature and lo and behold it actually is working!
Time will tell if some of these features will be able to be enabled down the road with a simple procedure like this, as long as the hardware is there, which very likely are.

DesertRat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado 4X4, 2021 Bronco Sport
Without out even knowing you guys, I will guess that you can use the exercise lifting the rear hatch. I just took a load of cardboard to the Walmart. Lifting the gate was easier than listing the cut up carboard boxes. Suck it up.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
While I agree some features being missing from the badlands and FE that are included with the OB are puzzling, however there may be some hope that some features could theoretically be activated by Forscan down the road.
I had this issue with my Ford Escape. My titanium has the cold weather package which does have the front windshield de-icer, however my spouse's SE did not have this feature.
I did find completely by accident when cleaning the front cowl, that the heating coils were present on my SE where it was available as an option but not purchased. I found the cables unplugged and managed to connect them and plug a fuse in the empty designation and within forscan I was able to activate the front de-icer feature and lo and behold it actually is working!
Time will tell if some of these features will be able to be enabled down the road with a simple procedure like this, as long as the hardware is there, which very likely are.
Interesting - I am sure as we get more owners, info about what one can do with Forscan will come to light.

I'd have no problem if the BS didn't offer a de-icer AT ALL, what i find puzzling is that it IS included in the OB "Luxury" oriented trim and not on the more "rugged/off-road"oriented (and higher level) BL trim, even as an option.
Sponsored

Last edited: