Badlands Height how much taller than other models/trims?

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 BS Badlands
Anyone know how much taller, if at all, the BL is over the other models? I test drove an OBX and it had maybe an inch of clearance under my garage door. I read recently that the BL is a bit taller. I'm getting worried now that the BL I ordered isn't going to fit. :eek:
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Anyone know how much taller, if at all, the BL is over the other models? I test drove an OBX and it had maybe an inch of clearance under my garage door. I read recently that the BL is a bit taller. I'm getting worried now that the BL I ordered isn't going to fit. :eek:
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Height how much taller than other models/trims? 802DD95E-D58A-490B-9134-445F636214B7

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
74 or 75 inch on my first edition , There seems to be about a half foot difference or there about parked next to a big bend . My garage is 7 foot , I have 6 inches clearance . If you don’t put bad lands or first edition crossbars on it you should be fine . Those are a little higher and are different than the other trims crossbars .

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Height how much taller than other models/trims? C9DB11EE-4DD7-4600-A575-BD3C555358EB

OP
OP
Blynne

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I did not get the crossbars for that reason even though I really like the way they look.

Reactions: Jrl

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yeah, I did not get the crossbars for that reason even though I really like the way they look.
So you will be looking at 71.4 with the stock tires.

OP
OP
Blynne

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, our garage is detached and built sometime after the house, which was built in 1958. It’s shorter than most and the OBX barely made it in so this should be interesting, lol.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The optional 235 tires add a small amount of height 3/8 inch higher if I remember correctly.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Well, our garage is detached and built sometime after the house, which was built in 1958. It’s shorter than most and the OBX barely made it in so this should be interesting, lol.
Let some air out of the tires!! LOL :crackup:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Let some air out of the tires!! LOL :crackup:
Find a buddy with one of those 3 cylinder models and swap springs/struts. Then you have the lower ride height but keep the 2.0 engine.....:clap:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
For a few bucks I would install a 9x7 new door problem solved . If you are handy . When I bought my 1957 Belair that’s exactly what I did , Owned and restored that car over37 years .
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Height how much taller than other models/trims? BBDC5B65-397E-46AB-B3BD-FA870119EBA5

BroncoBob

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I don't see any actual measurements here. My garage door is 73" I have an OBX on order but no-one can tell me how tall it will be with the stock antenna.

OP
OP
Blynne

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see any actual measurements here. My garage door is 73" I have an OBX on order but no-one can tell me how tall it will be with the stock antenna.
I fixed the issue by ordering a shorter antenna from Amazon. It’s got plenty of clearance now.