Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Would those in the group agree or diagree that the AWD set up on the lower trims is very capable compared to a badlands, just no as? Or just ok. And does anyone regret not getting a Badlands? And yes I know abouth all the features of both. Mainly the dual clutch differential being the big difference. And yes I went for overkill compared to what I think I will be doing off road wise. Just curious. Oh and I have an order scheduled for a Badlands matching my picture.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
No comment since I have a Badlands. I think it is more than that with the ability to lock in 4WD besides the rear locker.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I ordered the badlands at the suggestion of a couple dealers. The price wasn't what I consider significant for the upgrades. 16K miles...I haven't come close to challenging the potentials of a base model. Unless you plan regular off roading...I don't think it matters which model you choose as much as comfort feature you want and price you are good with. The rest is RELATIVE hype. Some MUST have all the toys and status and that's fine. I am not that guy

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
No comment since I have a Badlands. I think it is more than that with the ability to lock in 4WD besides the rear locker.
There’s the inch lift and the badlands has the liquid cooled tranny where as the other models are air cooled.

Badlands has bashguards as well

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
In reality the Black Diamond package is what will lift its standards some.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Yes there is an article i saw earlier and its also posted here.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I haven't kept up, now the sport has a black diamond badge?🤔
Its a late available option on '23 Big Bend and Outer Banks. Adds skid plates, off road wheels tires, and decals. A way to add more off road features for the lower trims. I think it pretty cool to give buyers more choices. Its listed in the '23 Order Guide.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
As far as lower trims vs Badlands the lower trims have good 4WD systems, are quite capable, and offer better fuel economy. As far as which is better depends on buyers budget, intended use, and priorities ect. I wanted the most capable trim with all the options cause it was in my budget and what appealed to me.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.

Our BigBend went thru 2 Feet of Snow During a Blizzard we had in 21.
an let me tell ya what a trooper she was. We didn’t have any problems whatsoever getting around.

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think that the AWD is capable in my BB. I have taken my car off roading once and it handled great. I think the gas mileage is a huge plus too. You have a capable system for sure in the lower trims. I do not find the car to be underpowered either, sport mode adds some good pep to the engine.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
While I liked the BL when I test drove one I was really after MPG. The 2.0 does have good power, I give it that. I drive a lot for work, I'm never going to take the BS off-road on any sort of rated trails. I would buy a proper off-roader with a transfer case and a low range. Ford did a good job even on the non BL AWD system. With a a/t tire any trim BS can hold it's own on light trails. Again not a true off-roader. BL has a liquid cooled power transfer unit up front and a dual clutch rear diff. It locks but it's not a true locker. They also didn't win is over on the interior of the BL with the leather. Doesn't look good, they also lost me with the orange accents. No regrets with my BB BS.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There’s the inch lift and the badlands has the liquid cooled tranny where as the other models are air cooled.
I think you meant liquid-cooled power transfer unit (PTU). I don't know of any cars that use an air-cooled transmission.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The BL is the only one I considered. Is setup for off-roading. The others you can but I wouldn’t. I’ll leave it at that.
Either way the AWD system is great and am guessing is similar on the 3cyl just nowhere as aggressive. Even in standard driving the AWD setups will do everything you need for inclement weather etc.
On road probs not a lot of difference. But anytime that changes the BL would get you off the trail or through a trail with way lower risk of being stranded and have a way to recover it. I also don’t think the 3cyl would make it through some of the trails we do here. Lack of armor and drive modes/features etc.
Sponsored