Badlands Lemon? Any advice will be helpful.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The majority of Ford dealers are incapable of fixing anything nor do they care. Most just want you to go away and don't come back unless its to buy another vehicle.
I add my condolences to OP's experience with this piss-poor dealership, but I can't agree with your above statement. The parts and service departments at most dealerships represent the biggest percentage of overall profits, so it's in a dealership's best interest to make sure customers using those services are happy.

I honestly don't know how dealerships in areas where there are more than one for customers to choose from stay in business. I have no proof, but I suspect there are core (repeat) customers that get preferential treatment to keep them coming back, and everyone else gets the leftovers.

I would also guess that customers who exhibit certain kinds of behaviors are "encouraged" to take their business elsewhere. It's okay to insist that work is done properly and within a reasonable time frame, but your attitude can make or break a long-term relationship. For example, telling Mom (Ford corporate) when a service tech doesn't clean up the oil they spilled on your engine without first giving the service manager an opportunity to make it right will not win you a warm place in the bosom of your dealership's customer service department.

Before anyone gets mad at me, I'm NOT saying that's what's happened in this case, I'm speaking in general terms regarding business relationships. They're really like any other relationship: being nice usually comes back to you.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Well.... my experience....and most others.... suggest majority Ford dealer WARRANTY SERVICE is complete crap and useless they want you to go away dont come back. Thats my two cents if someone else thinks differently thats fine.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well.... my experience....and most others.... suggest majority Ford dealer WARRANTY SERVICE is complete crap and useless they want you to go away dont come back.
Most States require manufacturers to reimburse dealerships at retail for warranty work, but manufacturers also look for ways to avoid doing so. I would imagine dealerships that have been burned by a manufacturer will be leery about doing warranty work.

Last edited:

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
From what I've read on your post this is not going to justify a lemon buy back

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Without actual first hand knowledge of what's really going on with the OP's situation, all that can happen on the board is speculative advice.

Hopefully things can be resolved to the OP's satisfaction.

Last edited:

mikebigguy

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Mike F,
My Bronco Badlands is having that moaning problem when backing up , it does it when its heated up . its apparently a factory defect and does qualify for the Lemon Law since its been back 3 times and they cant fix it. I do like the vehicle but that loud moaning is embarrassing and turns people's heads all the time. My only explanation is that its a lemon don't buy this vehicle.

Gadget

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Years ago I had a positive Ford lemon-law experience. It was with a Ford Freestyle that had numerous issues. Ours went smoothly because the dealership supported us and even suggested this route for us. If you can get the dealership to support this, then I would bet things turn around for you.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Mike F,
My Bronco Badlands is having that moaning problem when backing up , it does it when its heated up . its apparently a factory defect and does qualify for the Lemon Law since its been back 3 times and they cant fix it. I do like the vehicle but that loud moaning is embarrassing and turns people's heads all the time. My only explanation is that its a lemon don't buy this vehicle.
There is a TSB for rear brake noise.

t1da

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've only had one issue with my 2022 BS Badlands. Sunroof rattles. It's been at the dealership now for 9 weeks now....Part inventory appears to be low as it's taken up to 2 weeks to get specific parts in the last repair. Prior repairs took a while to get parts too. When the dealer contacts Ford Engineering it takes a week to hear back sometimes too, so things just drag out it seems. They've now made two attempts to fix, so hoping when I get it back this week it's in working order. Good luck!

OP
OP
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I add my condolences to OP's experience with this piss-poor dealership, but I can't agree with your above statement. The parts and service departments at most dealerships represent the biggest percentage of overall profits, so it's in a dealership's best interest to make sure customers using those services are happy.

I honestly don't know how dealerships in areas where there are more than one for customers to choose from stay in business. I have no proof, but I suspect there are core (repeat) customers that get preferential treatment to keep them coming back, and everyone else gets the leftovers.

I would also guess that customers who exhibit certain kinds of behaviors are "encouraged" to take their business elsewhere. It's okay to insist that work is done properly and within a reasonable time frame, but your attitude can make or break a long-term relationship. For example, telling Mom (Ford corporate) when a service tech doesn't clean up the oil they spilled on your engine without first giving the service manager an opportunity to make it right will not win you a warm place in the bosom of your dealership's customer service department.

Before anyone gets mad at me, I'm NOT saying that's what's happened in this case, I'm speaking in general terms regarding business relationships. They're really like any other relationship: being nice usually comes back to you.
First, thank you for your input and I can assure you that this has not been the case for me. I have been very patient in this matter and getting nowhere until now. This is why I reached out to this forum in the first place and glad I did. The dealership only seemed to care about getting the sale and every time I had to bring my vehicle in, my sales person only cared about if I left him a good review and never cared about why I have been back several times. They have not once try to communicate this situation with me.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...my sales person only cared about if I left him a good review and never cared about why I have been back several times. They have not once try to communicate this situation with me.
Not cool. I hope you share your experience with FoMoCo corporate and leave reviews detailing your experience. If you've never heard of it, DealerRater.com gets a lot of attention.

https://www.dealerrater.com/

OP
OP
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not cool. I hope you share your experience with FoMoCo corporate and leave reviews detailing your experience. If you've never heard of it, DealerRater.com gets a lot of attention.

https://www.dealerrater.com/
Yes, I have shared my experience. Thank you for the info. I will definitely check it out.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Every state has different lemon laws.
True, still don't feel it meets that level of any state. Unless I am missing something.

One other thing, the smell you are getting is probably cosmoline. They cake it on to keep corrosion at bay from shipping.

On another note, I am not saying they are perfect but my dealer South Bay Ford in S.Cali has done good for me. From replaced engines and other warranty work as well as non warranty work.

Dave

Last edited:

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
I also had a key fob issue. It quit working, so I went online to see how to reprogram it. After reprogramming it would remote start, and unlock remotely but not be recognized when unlocking or starting. The dealership was able to reprogram it, but I have no idea what happened.
Sponsored