Badlands Lemon? Any advice will be helpful.

mike sorge

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands
Most States require manufacturers to reimburse dealerships at retail for warranty work, but manufacturers also look for ways to avoid doing so. I would imagine dealerships that have been burned by a manufacturer will be leery about doing warranty work.
I’ve been in the service side of the auto business for 42 years. Been a Tech, Shop Foreman, and Service Manager. Flat rate times for Techs has always been a issue. On some jobs you’re the bug, others your the windshield. Mostly the bug however. Your warranty reimbursement rate can be close to or your actual retail rate, however the time units are typically far less then your retail times. We would typically multiply the warranty time by 1.5x for retail times.
Unfortunately, dealers typically get a bad rap, however the well run ones do try their best to address your issues. Many larger repairs need prior approval from the manufacture and there are various hoops one needs to jump through. They can’t just do anything they want to your vehicle and submit a warranty claim in for it. The biggest PITA is the non duplicated problems. The best thing you can do is take diligent notes of your concern and try to capture a video of it. Especially infotainment or noise related concerns. That goes a long way and gives you the advantage and also helps the dealer push the issue with the manufacture.
This is common to all makes, not just Ford. In fact, I’ve seen so many situations where the big three will bend over backwards on things the Euros get away with. I was involved with Maserati for 5 years and they had horrible aftersales support and very little goodwill money available to the dealership. It was pathetic!
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The biggest PITA is the non duplicated problems. The best thing you can do is take diligent notes of your concern and try to capture a video of it.
This. Intermittent issues are the absolute bane of service techs. How are you supposed to fix something if you can't actually observe the problem? Audio/video recordings can be helpful, but only if they actually capture evidence of the issue.

Nannette

Big Bend
First Name
Nannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There is a TSB for rear brake noise.
Mine does the same and I have had it worked on per the technical bulletin but still doing it. How many times do I need to take it to the dealership before I can apply for the lemon law?
Sponsored