marcellabaker

Big Bend
First Name
Marcella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Since the day I purchased my front breaks have a lot of dust!! I said something to the dealer and they said oh its new its nothing to worry about . Well I have had it for a little over a year and its still the same black dust it looks very bad and is not normal .
Sponsored

Steve M

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Bronco Sport
I agree. Have a new Big Bend (2022) with 2,500 miles on it and try to keep it clean. Front break dust is really bad on mine, which seems to tell me they will wear fast. I am not an agressive driver

OP
OP

marcellabaker

Big Bend
First Name
Marcella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I agree. Have a new Big Bend (2022) with 2,500 miles on it and try to keep it clean. Front break dust is really bad on mine, which seems to tell me they will wear fast. I am not an agressive driver
I have the exact same model and less mileage. I had another vehicle for 20years and bought new also and I never saw break dust ! I still have the other vehicle .

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
The brake dust is worse than ever with Ford's replacement pads. Next time I go past the dealer I will stop and ask what the hell is going on. I just can't keep it clean.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I've gone from metallic to semi metallic pads on my other vehicles; the dust reduced some. Went to ceramic, and dust was minimal.

Just be aware that metallic gives the best braking. They are used mostly with trucks and RV's due to size and weight, especially if they tow. Sports cars will use them too if they do spirited driving.

I see no reason for metallic type pad requirements for our BS's. They will do fine with ceramic pads.

73bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport

73bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport
Had the same issue. Installed New non-ford ceramic brake pads. Problem solved. Also eliminated the harsh grab.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Yeah, i seem to get t loads of dust on my Heritage trim wheels (white)…. sort of a bummer.

I cleaned the wheels, gave them a hit with one of the Armor All ceramic coatings and all it really takes is a quick rinse to get rid of the brake dust... easy-peasy...

PS - no complaints with the factory brake pad performance at this point

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I find the opposite on my OBX. Just came back from a 1400 miles round trip and was surprised on how little brake dust I had.
There was a post here on the BS's with the Adaptive cruise package having a different braking system which causes less dust.

thomasm23

Ford Bronco Sport Bad brake dust outer_banks

First NameTomJoinedJun 7, 2021Threads15Messages201Reaction score185LocationLos Angeles MetroVehicle(s)2021 Bronco Sport
Sep 10, 2023
You do not have lane centering. You have lane keeping.

Lane centering is only available with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+

Lane centering along adaptive cruise control will give you a form of self driving.

Lane keeping will just bounce you back and forth trying to keep you in a marked lane.

The reason I asked, your vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Ford issued a recall because if the power brake assist were to fail, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle in a predetermined distance. The front brake pads were changed out to offer additional friction when applying. The result is more brake dust.

Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ have an electric brake assist. Vehicles with this unit were never recalled for brake issues.[b/]

Last edited:

SmileyFoo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wash my BS biweekly.. and in just 2,3 days, my wheels are covered in brake dust. But I have a heavy foot and mostly drive in sport mode lol… will definitely replace with ceramic pads once I get the chance. Thanks to all that recommended it

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Seems to be a “ford thing” but (as many others have said) changing to ceramic brake pads helped tremendously.
Yep. Unless you are hard on the brakes (not breaks), then switch to ceramic when the time comes for new brake pads.

For towing or hard braking, metallic are the way to go, but it comes with heavy brake dust. There is a semi-metallic brake pad that falls in the middle of metallic and ceramic, but they still will produce brake dust.

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Minimal dust on the rear, nasty on the front. Looks like crap. I ended up purchasing a cone shaped brush for my cordless drill. I could do them every week. Pain in the butt.
Sponsored