LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
So it feels like there is just a split second delay where it seems like i blind people.. i keep mine off... if they would turn off a little quucker i would feel better.... feels like im always flashing people.. what are everyones thoughts. Yay or nay
Sponsored

Last edited:

VittoriaC

Badlands
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S; 2022 BS BL
So it feels like there is ust a split second delay where it seems like i blind people.. i keep mine off... if they would turn off a little quucker i would feel better.... feels like im always flashing people.. what are everyones thoughts. Yay or nay
Feel the same way, I turned mine off.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don’t drive at night in rural areas very much, but I feel like I trend toward turning off the hi-beams a lot sooner than most. I don’t even turn them on when someone is traveling the same direction and far in front of me. Basically, if I see another car my hi-beams are off.

I’m guessing this auto system is not going to be nearly that sensitive.

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
And the lights being bright white already, im sure people hate me when there starring at my highs. Really nice headlights and brightness. No gripe there..

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m not a huge fan. I live in SD, there’s no reason to have that high beams on ever. So that split second where they flash in and I turn them off either looks like I’m being a dick or warning of a speed trap…at night….which there aren’t speed traps here at night. I guess they might think I’m warning them if a dui checkpoint….which they don’t really do those where I live in North County.

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I’m not a huge fan. I live in SD, there’s no reason to have that high beams on ever. So that split second where they flash in and I turn them off either looks like I’m being a dick or warning of a speed trap…at night….which there aren’t speed traps here at night. I guess they might think I’m warning them if a dui checkpoint….which they don’t really do those where I live in North County.
Exactly what i was thinking but got tired of writing 🤣

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I drive on rural country roads in flat Illinois. They work pretty close to perfect here. They see a car in front of me or one coming from quite a distance, and they dim appropriately. I have never had a car flash at me in the sense they were upset the brights were left on too long. I would have never thought I would like this feature, but I really like everything about the auto lights (except I do turn them off in the city because some streets are dark which is as the neighborhood wants it).

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
So it feels like there is just a split second delay where it seems like i blind people.. i keep mine off... if they would turn off a little quucker i would feel better.... feels like im always flashing people.. what are everyones thoughts. Yay or nay
Mine drop perfectly right before oncoming traffic would get hit in the windshield.
I found a blank wall, the pattern on both low and high is super cool. :’P
But mine was a First run I got back in Dec 2020,
When Ford exec’s and The Corporate QC heads were there at the plant watching the locals very closely.

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Mine drop perfectly right before oncoming traffic would get hit in the windshield.
I found a blank wall, the pattern on both low and high is super cool. :’P
So if your coming up to a 4 way stop.. and there is a car on your right at stop sign the sport does not shut off right away.. like it doesnt recognize the side of there car.. my 2021 mazda 6 turned off right when i could see a car perfectly..or any type light

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Mine work superbly from my end. Never get the oncoming traffic flash back that oncoming is offended.
I should have been more specific. It sees cars in front fine. But my mazda turns off about a second earlier.. but when your come up to a car thats horizontal to you it takes a bit

MMR_A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine turned themselves off yesterday. Reflected off a bright white sign and instantly shut off. I chuckled a bit at that. Otherwise, I am usually on the ball with the high beams, so they usually stay off. But, the feature is nice to have when I forget.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm with Tigger, Marty, and Ralph—no issue for me, the auto system works superbly. It switches to low beams about the same time I would for opposite-direction traffic, and frankly sooner than I would when approaching same-direction traffic from the rear.

The older I get the worse I see at night, so the more light the better. High-beams are a big-time safety benefit in my opinion.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
So if your coming up to a 4 way stop.. and there is a car on your right at stop sign the sport does not shut off right away.. like it doesnt recognize the side of there car.. my 2021 mazda 6 turned off right when i could see a car perfectly..or any type light
Mine never blinds anyone as far as I can tell. I never get flashed even to the sides.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Since I live in flat suburbs, I have mine turned off. I'm pretty sure if I was in flat rural area, they would be on auto. It's a nice feature if it works as it should. (My wife's 17 Pilot had them & were awful, thus turned off).

Update 6/10/22
Have to admit I'm an old guy that doesn't care for nannies when I drive & had a Honda Pilot & have a 18 Tahoe that the auto hibeams are TERRIBLE. Thus I turned that feature off when I took delivery of my BS/OB.
Well tonite, I activated the feature and went for a ride. I have a 4+ mile straight road with a few dips and rises and little traffic at nite. I have to admit the auto hibeams worked great. met oncoming from top of rise and also from bottom. Twice as oncoming was in the dip & I could not see it's headlights directly, but my auto hi's went to low before it's lights were visible to me. Numerous very reflective signs along the road and as long as no vehicles approaching hi beams stayed on.
I have to admit it. I'm impressed. I'll leave the feature ON for the time being to get used to one that functions as it should.
Sponsored

Last edited: