Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I just spoke via email to Travis at Auto Stop Eliminator and he is seeking a BS to confirm it can be used with the Sport.

He will respond here soon.
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I was hopeful it was a configurable setting like on some other vehicles. Or does it have to be turned off at each startup? You are referring to the Auto Start/Stop feature, correct?

OP
OP
Cyclone Cowboy

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The word is that it has to be disabled each and every time you start the vehicle by pressing a second button, even in sport mode. With the Auto Stop Eliminator, it permanently disables it. It works on the Explorer and other Ford vehicles but has yet to be confirmed for the BS.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is the auto start section from the owners manual. It describes a few situations where it won’t engage. I always have max AC on in my car so the auto start never engages. This works as long as the max ac is on, regardless of the fan is on full blast or it’s lowest setting.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7450&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2087789&ProcUid=G2173494&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

the whole owners manual can be found here if you want to check out the rest:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?year=2021&make=Ford&model=Bronco Sport

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
OK kids, we have found a work around of the A/S/S system on the Ranger forum. Just grab you a couple of these, and stick one into the 12V plug in the back. It draws just enough voltage to trick the system making it think the parameters haven't been met to shut the engine down. The light goes on, and off with the ignition in the Ranger. I would think it would do the same in the Sport. It's a very low light, and not very intrusive. It beats paying 85 bucks for the other do-dad. BTW, I found the same lights at Wally World for the same price. Just an FYI if you're interested. When I bought it was a 2 pack for $3.99. Looks like they gone to a single one at the same price. Must be a profit deal. :)

https://www.amazon.com/GE-40867-Always-Compact-Design/dp/B07BZBBXGP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2MBJYOWJ8LMNO&dchild=1&keywords=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in&qid=1607724616&refinements=p_36:100-500&rnid=1243644011&sprefix=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in,tools,168&sr=8-3

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Kinda curious why people want to turn this off? It seems to work seemlessly and All the auxiliary stuff still operates

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Does the ranger not have physical auto start stop button? Or do you have to go through a menu each time? You have to push the engine button each time you plan to use the vehicle, the auto start stop button is inches away.. just making sure you’re aware
Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 128DC18B-C223-49E7-BEAA-79FA523DD279
Yes sir, it has the button on the console just below the center stack.

OP
OP
Cyclone Cowboy

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Kinda curious why people want to turn this off? It seems to work seemlessly and All the auxiliary stuff still operates
It's very hard on the engine / parts and causes a slight hesitation when starting from a stop, which I personally find dangerous. It saves little gas, as research has shown people tend to accelerate harder after the restart (maybe to test they have power) so it negates any benefit. Bad driving habits, like accelerating right up to a stop light and applying heavy braking, causes a lot more fuel waste. I personally don't want to press a button each and every time to remind me how dumb and irritating the system is. There is also a company called Auto Stop Eliminator that makes a gizmo that removes the feature.

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
It's very hard on the engine / parts and causes a slight hesitation when starting from a stop, which I personally find dangerous. It saves little gas, as research has shown people tend to accelerate harder after the restart (maybe to test they have power) so it negates any benefit. Bad driving habits, like accelerating right up to a stop light and applying heavy braking, causes a lot more fuel waste. I personally don't want to press a button each and every time to remind me how dumb and irritating the system is. There is also a company called Auto Stop Eliminator that makes a gizmo that removes the feature.
But have we, as drivers, become soo damn lazy that it seems to be a "chore" to crank the car up (push a button) and then move that same finger up and over some 4 inches or so and push another button? Oh my gawd, it's just soo much work!

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I’m always reminded at the first stop sign and I hit the button to turn it off. We’ll see how long it takes me to get tired of the slight sluggish startup when I forget to hit the button.

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I believe auto stop/start can be disabled with forscan. Most of the forscan modules for the BS have not been built yet, but I believe they are working on them.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I believe auto stop/start can be disabled with forscan. Most of the forscan modules for the BS have not been built yet, but I believe they are working on them.
I am not familiar with forscan modules , can you give us a idea of this ?

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
i personally turn this off because I like my stopping and starting to be buttery smooth. Stopping is fine but my experience with these systems give a slight hesitation and slight jolt when starting from a stop. This defeats the purpose of my buttery smooth foot.

there are times where I might want this on. Sitting in a drive thru, off-roading, or anytime I’m stopping for long periods. I don’t want this system on for every stop sign or red light. Especially not when I’m in stop and go traffic. It’s a simple button press for me after I start the engine. If I do want it back on (not often) it’s easy to turn back on
i like that you mentioned buttery smooth, i personally like to start from a stop with a smooth take off like you. and when i don't do that i get yelled at especially with my "favorite" passengers that all look at their phones or are reading their books :)

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am not familiar with forscan modules , can you give us a idea of this ?
Forscan is an application that runs on a PC that connect to the OBD port that allows you to change thousands of different parameters in the car. i.e. I have change my radio to show 6 presets per screen, not just 5.

In forscan, if the modules are not built for your particular vehicle, all you see are the as builts that are just like hexadecimal codes. no real indication as to what is being changed. Once the modules are built inside the application, it list the functions and shows you the available options.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4