Auto Stop Eliminator

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
AutoStopEliminator.com
Installed the Auto Stop Eliminator today and right now I'm happy with it. Started Bronco Sport up after install and automatically shut off Start/Stop function. That's all I was wanting.
Install took about 15 minutes but I struggled a little getting under the dash. Hopefully these pictures will help.
1. Auto/Stop Eliminator install instructions
2. 2021 Bronco Sport Kit
3. Driver's side lower left of steering column for the data port location.
4. Connection of how data plug is attached looking up at. Simply push up on clip to release and pull plug out toward the front of vehicle.
5. Data cable unplugged from data port and ready to install Auto Stop Eliminator.
6. Connect to data cable and be sure when connecting back to data port the securing clip is facing downwards as seen in picture 4. Once connections are made secure as needed with ty-wraps.
This is just to help...."I have no professional training ". Haha! Good luck.

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator Screenshot_20210622-182526_Samsung Internet

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 20210622_182301

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 20210622_183530

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 20210622_185348

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 20210622_183925

Ford Bronco Sport Auto Stop Eliminator 20210622_184225

If I would have to take it in for service it would be very simple to unplug again and remove. I'm personally not worried about it but I realize everyone is different.
Working just how I wanted it to, when I start the Bronco up screen pops up and tells me my auto start has been deactivated and the OFF light illuminates "on" the push button. The pushbutton does still work. If for some reason I want to turn it on I just push the button and the system will turn on or off.
Sponsored

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I tried to live with the A.S.S. system, but in the end decided, why should I just live with it? So, my husband and I installed the Eliminator tonight. I will say that we had a harder time than the OP unplugging the data plug. Couldn't get the right angle to hold the tab in and pull at the same time. So, we ended up needing to remove the two nuts that are highlighted in pink on the instructions to lower the data port and get a better grip to remove the plug. After a few choice words by my hubby for roping him in to this project on a Monday night ??, we got it done and... voila! A.S.S defaults to off, yay! I really hope there isn't a need to remove it before getting service in the future, because I would rather not do that pretzel bend under the dash again.

Edit: this also took more than just few minutes to complete...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried to live with the A.S.S. system, but in the end decided, why should I just live with it? So, my husband and I installed the Eliminator tonight. I will say that we had a harder time than the OP unplugging the data plug. Couldn't get the right angle to hold the tab in and pull at the same time. So, we ended up needing to remove the two nuts that are highlighted in pink on the instructions to lower the data port and get a better grip to remove the plug. After a few choice words by my hubby for roping him in to this project on a Monday night ??, we got it done and... voila! A.S.S defaults to off, yay! I really hope there isn't a need to remove it before getting service in the future, because I would rather not do that pretzel bend under the dash again.

Edit: this also took more than just few minutes to complete...
Sorry to hear you had a hard time with this. I will say one thing that did help me was a stubby straight screwdriver pushing up on the tab when I was pulling the plug out. I'm not sure if it helped or I got lucky but mine pulled right out. Thankfully.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've been using one since a month after buying my BS. It took patience to install it. Had one on my Ranger and F150 also.

OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
AMEN! It is like 4" away from the ignition switch! Such a chore...ahahaha
Yeah, haha....hilarious! I must just be lazy or can't reach 4 more inches.
Maybe, I was just sharing how to install this for those that may also want to.
Maybe, My wife is thrilled I put this on as it terrified her having the Bronco shut off when she came to a stop light if she forgot to turn it off.
Maybe, I'm just having a bad day when responding to this.
In any case, to each their own!!!

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
My wife hates the auto start/stop system in all the rentals we have had. She has XP driving jalopy cars with the tendency to stall out. So for her, it can be a callback to those unfortunate times. I have never had a vehicle that ever stalled out, unless it was my fault as the operator. I welcome the system and find my self upset when it doesn't cut off the engine in situations where I think it should.

I admit that there are times when it cuts the engine and the traffic light changes to green and it feels like a wasted cycle on the starter motor. Personally, I think it's the decision of the primary operator if the system should be "eliminated" or deactivated.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I got my start / stop installed just now. Easy! Works fantastic.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When my auto start stop wasn't working properly due to the battery it would randomly stall and I would have to manually restart which was/could be dangerous depending when it would happen.

Since I had my battery replaced under warranty, my Badlands auto start stop is practically invisible.

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My husband installed this for me a few months ago, works great with no change in fuel mileage, still gets 24-27 mpg.

OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When my auto start stop wasn't working properly due to the battery it would randomly stall and I would have to manually restart which was/could be dangerous depending when it would happen.

Since I had my battery replaced under warranty, my Badlands auto start stop is practically invisible.
Wow, thanks for this info as I have not heard of any issues. Mine also has performed flawlessly but I will keep this battery issue in the back of my mind as a "look at" item.
Sponsored