Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I have noticed that pretty consistently when I park the BS, the Auto Start/Stop will turn the engine off and then when I shift to Park it will restart. This seems like a weird way for this ”feature” to work. Are others having the same experience or is this unique to my BS?
Sponsored

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
I have noticed that pretty consistently when I park the BS, the Auto Start/Stop will turn the engine off and then when I shift to Park it will restart. This seems like a weird way for this ”feature” to work. Are others having the same experience or is this unique to my BS?
I bought the auto stop eliminator from https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

Best money spent so far.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
This is normal - both my Bronc and our Subaru do the same thing. Not sure the logic, but hopefully there is some reason behind it...

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’ve had some luck with two odd ball techniques.
I pull in a parking spot and just as I’m about to come to a complete stop, and I mean inches. I lift my braking foot to where the brakes are just barely able to hold the vehicle still then re apply the brakes as I stop. But not by much,
Just a tad,
It won’t engage the SS
Or ,
You’ll hate this one,
I come to a full stop, stop/start shuts down the engine,
I turn off the ignition,
Gear shift button rotated to park,
Engine never restarts.
But it sucks,
I hate that stop start.
Too dang busy to get that $100 plug in thing.
I gotta get that sucka !

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
well the vehicle doesn’t know you are about to throw it in park. just hit the auto stop/start button… every damn time you start.

I need that eliminator

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
well the vehicle doesn’t know you are about to throw it in park. just hit the auto stop/start button… every damn time you start.

I need that eliminator
I do. Never a problem as it's always turned off.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Its a
It's slightly irritating when it happens. The workaround is don't put it in Park. Just hit the off switch first, it will go into Park automatically and won't restart. It takes some time to get used too but eventually it becomes a habit. I personally like the Autostart/stop, it saves fuel big time. Over the course of a year hundreds of dollars for me.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
So your saying that in these 23 BSBL we will not have the option to turn off auto stop start? If that is the case what is the link to buy that device? I hate that feature. Every car i have that has auto SS i have a button to turn it off. A choice. So now no choice?

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
So your saying that in these 23 BSBL we will not have the option to turn off auto stop start? If that is the case what is the link to buy that device? I hate that feature. Every car i have that has auto SS i have a button to turn it off. A choice. So now no choice?
I don't know about the 23 models. Mine is a 21. I can't imagine the off button for the AutoStop being deleted but worth confirming with Ford. The off button I was referring to is the vehicle start/stop button.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
As for why, my guess is that auto start/stop turns off things like heat when it is used at a stop light in drive. But if you switch to park, maybe the thinking is that you will be sitting for awhile so you need things like heat.

Just a best guess.

edit: and yes, mine works the same so I have learned to turn off the engine and let it put itself in park. Of course, my wife’s RAV4 does not work like that so I will roll it thru the garage door soon. 😏

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Mine doesn’t seem to do it that I’ve noticed. It does it for sure when I pull into the driveway and stop and wait for the garage door to open.

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Park in reverse. Auto start/stop wont activate when coming to a stop in reverse. It is also safer.
How exactly is parking in reverse safer?
Sponsored