Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
My Badlands is trouble free so far. I learned to discount Consumer Report's reports on vehicles a long time ago. They seem to have some major bias for and against the various manufacturers. Their reports have never resembled my personal experiences with the various vehicles I've had.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
My Badlands is trouble free so far. I learned to discount Consumer Report's reports on vehicles a long time ago. They seem to have some major bias for and against the various manufacturers. Their reports have never resemble my personal experiences with the various vehicles I've had.
I take all Reviews and Reports with a "grain of salt".

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I had my BB for 6 months and it has 5,000 miles. The only real issue that I had and still have is the alignment and brakes making noise when I backup. I was excited to have it for a few months. Now I wish I would have just sprung for the Badlands, a RAV4, or waited for the new CRV. I usually keep my cars for 7 years or longer. I'm not sure if I will keep the BB for that long.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Our '22 BB has just under 10k in 10 mos. of ownership. The only thing we've encountered so far is the brake noise backing up, and that's not all the time. We drove it off the lot at 8p Jan 31st, it snowed in Feb. temps in the teens and zeros for a week drove it every day with no issues. This summer we drove it to Las Vegas and SoCal on a 2 week vacation visiting our kids and first grand child as well as other family. I posted on another forum about that trip, the short of it is the temps were at or above 100 during the day the entire time, other than in the rockies and we were stuck in the middle of the Mohave desert due to I an accident in the middle of nowhere inching along for 2hrs with the outside temp registering 111! No problems. We averaged 34 mpg for the entire trip. I love my BSBB. It is going to be my last vehicle. I intend to drive it til it dies which I hope will be many many years from now. I should add, it has the 3cyl engine, tow pkg and co-pilot 360+ . All of which operate as programed. Lastly, I too, have not received any recall notifications, but I will have the dealer do whatever Ford is doing to head off a potential problem. You may take my experiences as another means of determining what you think of the quality, dependability and confidence of ownership of this vehicle. I have no problem giving the Ford Bronco Sport high praise, as with other respondents here, I love mine.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
2022 Outer Banks since last year. No issues.

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 56D74D51-0690-4017-AF78-3F887F3D9203

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 11A6CE22-911F-4FDB-AF97-F51E8E08CF96

and two things:
1. Your wife is smart and makes good choices (you and the OB, although maybe not in that order)
2. Itā€™s what your wife wants so itā€™s what youā€™re getting. End of discussion.

Last edited:

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I have a 21 Bronco Sport Big Bend. I put 25k miles in 1 year of ownership. Iā€™m mostly happy. Itā€™s been a good car but not without its issues. 2 recalls so far, check oil separator and change front brakes. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get a 3rd recall for injectors. My radio cuts out like a scratched disc whether listening through Bluetooth or CarPlay. My transmission cable rattles, brakes moan on reverse. Iā€™ve had a glitch twice where I go to start the vehicle and dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Also sometimes when I open the door quickly my speedometer display screen stays black and have to turn off vehicle and wait till electronics shut down. Iā€™ve had to add coolant recently, maybe water pump leaking? Car goes to the dealer this month so hopefully most issues can be resolved. Iā€™m planning on taking this car to possibly 300k+ miles so letā€™s hope it gets there šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have had my OB just shy of 2 years. 27000 miles. Problem free. But she is part of the latest recall. I would buy another in a heart beat. I love the extra comforts on my OB.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I take all Reviews and Reports with a "grain of salt".
I am the same way. We have had our BS for just over 1 year & has just been in for its 20K mile service & has been up to this point trouble free. We have done the recommended service at the intervals & had the recalls done when they come up. Just waiting for an appointment for the injector recall.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So I picked up my car last March and have managed to put nearly 10K on it already. I've taken it on a variety of long road trips including SD->Montana and back and no issues. It even held up well in a severe hailstorm, miraculously no damage there aside from some dirt getting the tire bead from when I was sliding sideways in the soft shoulder.

Its my hockey car, my fly fishing and road tripping car and I couldn't be happier with it. I still like the interior the controls and living in the area that I do the small size is a bonus. The only time when I wanted a bigger car is when we were coming back from Yellowstone and I had the two big dogs in the back, plus my brother in the passenger seat and all our fishing/weeks worth of clothes doggy stuff crammed into a roof bag sitting on a roof basket. Tbh though I would've needed a full size truck to accomodate all that gear and even then we managed and the dogs were comfortable.

The YETI

Base
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 SCREW/2021 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Absolutely love my 2022 Big Bend! I have the luxury package, with sunroof, and tow package. Added the hood deflector and Toyo Open Country AT3 245 65-17 tires, could not be happier. 11,200 trouble free miles, been back and forth from Michigan to Texas twice, great ride, great off road in the mountains, sand, etc!

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 9BEE2233-9FA5-4332-A3D3-FC77B6E169E5

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride A4D78438-2788-446E-BC10-2DEE234927F5

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 7025685F-65E4-445A-8B24-3C6DE0983D18

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 33D38BFB-C656-4F53-8DFF-D187CFFE4716

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride 6514C4DC-76B0-4F05-A913-9CBA52F1C02F

Ford Bronco Sport Are you happy with your Bronco Sport? My wife told me last night that's our next ride ACA60E9E-FA9E-421F-B732-C51E1E25A101

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Look for my tirade regarding the lack of customer care from Ford corporate and my lousy dealer. The water pump issue makes this my last Ford. Been buying new Ford products since 1979.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
12000 miles on my Badlands. Happy so far.

sometimes bad things happen. People take to the internet out of fear, pride or anger. Youā€™ll see it all here on this forum. It seems 99% are having a pleasant ownership experience.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Last night my wife told me she is in love with the BS Outer Banks and wants to go car shopping this weekend. I'm good with that. I'm retiring next year and will no longer have a commutes to Dallas. I did some initial checking and found the following...
  • Consumer reports downgraded the BS and no longer recommends it. In their annual survey the 'trouble spots' were Body Integrity 1/5, Brakes 1/5, and Engine Major 2/5. The rest of the categories did really well and ranked 5/5.
  • The Ford recall makes me a bit nervous.
What's your experience in repairs? Are you satisfied or has it been a money pit?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Order the Badlands, if you can wait. It's a proven engine. I am very pleased with mine.

Reactions: Jrl

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Last night my wife told me she is in love with the BS Outer Banks and wants to go car shopping this weekend. I'm good with that. I'm retiring next year and will no longer have a commutes to Dallas. I did some initial checking and found the following...
  • Consumer reports downgraded the BS and no longer recommends it. In their annual survey the 'trouble spots' were Body Integrity 1/5, Brakes 1/5, and Engine Major 2/5. The rest of the categories did really well and ranked 5/5.
  • The Ford recall makes me a bit nervous.
What's your experience in repairs? Are you satisfied or has it been a money pit?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
We love our B.S. We have the Outer Banks. 18,000 miles now and no trouble or problems.
Sponsored