Anyone updated to 3.4.23188? And a CarPlay question

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
My USB music stick has gone wonky. Instead of randomly playing my 900+ song library it re-indexes every time I start my BS and plays the entire first album. While I like Steve Tyler, listening to Aerosmith every time I start out is wearing thin! I figured I would try a Sync update since I am on 3.4.22 but I kept getting Download Failed on the Ford site and now get a BlobNotFound error. Has anyone been able to download this update?

Also, my iPhone works fine over Bluetooth using Apple Music but I can't find a Play All/Shuffle option. Does anyone know a player that does this?
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I'm running SYNC 3 with the 23188 update. No problems with my USB stick and music. It always starts right where it left off (currently shuffling Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush catalog). I can't comment on the Apple Music via Bluetooth since I don't use it. Cheers!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My USB music ..
my iPhone works fine over Bluetooth using Apple Music but I can't find a Play All/Shuffle option.
Did you try “Hey Siri, shuffle play my library”

Has anyone been able to download this update?
Yes, downloaded from the Ford website when 23188 first became available.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did the 23188 update in September with no issues.

I use a USB for my music. Even if I am listening to music on the USB when
I shut the vehicle off, the next time I start it up, it never starts with the USB playing.

It says it's searching for it but then reverts to either the last AM or FM station I listened to.

It's done this regardless of what Sync 3 software I've had.

Been told this is the nature of the beast. I can't understand why something simple as playing what you listened to previously can't be available at start up.

No other vehicle that I have had does this. My previous Audi, and my wife's GLB work flawlessly in this regard.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use a USB for my music. Even if I am listening to music on the USB when I shut the vehicle off, the next time I start it up, it never starts with the USB playing.

It says it's searching for it but then reverts to either the last AM or FM station I listened to.

Been told this is the nature of the beast. I can't understand why something simple as playing what you listened to previously can't be available at start up.
Yes you covered that here for those that need the link
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/usb-connection-issue.8549/

OP
OP
magicbus

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine too has always started on FM and then I select my USB. I just realized my BS has no connectivity to the outside world. I did reset and got an email telling me the FordPass app can’t connect to my car. I try turning on Connectivity settings but get a message to contact my dealer. Goes in the shop Jan 9th :frown:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine too has always started on FM and then I select my USB. I just realized my BS has no connectivity to the outside world. I did reset and got an email telling me the FordPass app can’t connect to my car. I try turning on Connectivity settings but get a message to contact my dealer. Goes in the shop Jan 9th :frown:
Mine did the same but eventually I was able to get the FordPass App connectivity reset and working again without going to the dealership so was able to cancel my appointment.

If you want I can message you instructions I had to use to restore FordPass App connectivity.

For now at least you have Bluetooth and your iPhone so you can say … Hey Siri, shuffle play my library

Last edited:

SBGrad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I couldn't get the OTA update to work no matter what I tried, but when I tried to update to 188 with a USB stik it worked perfectly. No problems with 1500 songs on my music USB, either, always picks up where it left off last time car was on. I always leave the songs/radio on when I turn off the engine, too.

Yesterday I discovered that the Sirius free Thanksgiving weekend was still playing. I must be living a charmed life.

Of course, by posting here I am sure I am jinxing something.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My USB music stick has gone wonky. Instead of randomly playing my 900+ song library it re-indexes every time I start my BS and plays the entire first album. While I like Steve Tyler, listening to Aerosmith every time I start out is wearing thin! I figured I would try a Sync update since I am on 3.4.22 but I kept getting Download Failed on the Ford site and now get a BlobNotFound error. Has anyone been able to download this update?

Also, my iPhone works fine over Bluetooth using Apple Music but I can't find a Play All/Shuffle option. Does anyone know a player that does this?
This is a known issue with Build 22251.

Why are you still on Build 22251? Build 23188 was released months ago. Please update your vehicle. We do not need these kind of posts.

OP
OP
magicbus

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a known issue with Build 22251.

Why are you still on Build 22251? Build 23188 was released months ago. Please update your vehicle. We do not need these kind of posts.
Thanks for your helpful post. I have a life and it doesn’t include reading every post on this site so I ask questions. And let me provide you a bit of information you probably were not aware of… the update site download function has been broken for weeks. When I called Ford they told me to “keep trying” or schedule a dealer appointment. It was finally fixed Monday. My update is complete and I am waiting to see if the issue has gone away.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
… the update site download function has been broken for weeks. When I called Ford they told me to “keep trying” or schedule a dealer appointment.
Good example of why it's rarely helpful to make assumptions or get personal when posting on forums like this. I tried to download an update a few days back with the same result. I didn't contact Ford, however, I figured it was a glitch they would get squared away in a few days. Thanks for the update.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I still have the 23188 update zip file on my google drive (2.3Gb file size). Anyone who needs it, just send me your email via DM (click on profile name and "start conversation") and I'll send a link to share the file. Cheers!

Last edited:

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Did the 23188 update in September with no issues.

I use a USB for my music. Even if I am listening to music on the USB when
I shut the vehicle off, the next time I start it up, it never starts with the USB playing.

No other vehicle that I have had does this. My previous Audi, and my wife's GLB work flawlessly in this regard.
Don’t forget to shut off your audio when you park. If you wait a minute after starting, then turn audio on it will pick up where you left off. Not very intuitive but it works.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Don’t forget to shut off your audio when you park. If you wait a minute after starting, then turn audio on it will pick up where you left off. Not very intuitive but it works.
I'll give it a try. Thanks

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Worked 1 time then it didn't. This shouldn't be an issue but it is.
Sponsored