Has anyone installed flares AND flaps?

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
Our '24 BSBB has the fender flares installed which, according to the Ford build site, negates the mud flaps; you can't get both. I assume they use the same mounting points or something (?) The flares beg to space out the tires which make the mud flaps even more needed than they are now.

Has anyone figured out how to install both? I can't help but think there must be some basic DIY way to do a minor cut/alter/mod that would allow both at the same time.... or an aftermarket set of mud flaps that will work (?)
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's definitely possible. I had both flares and flaps on my old Big Bend. The dealer I bought it from threw in the flares, flaps, and install as part of my purchase. The shop said it just took a little creative cutting of the flaps to make it work.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? 1000000752

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I too saw that on the order build list. Ford installed the flares and the flaps for me, post-sale. :)
This picture shows after the HRG lift and spacers were installed.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? Spacers installed - with mud flaps

OP
OP

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
Awesome! Do either of you have a photo of them from the inside of the fenderwell to show how they were cut/mounted?

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Ford is miss leading…our 2020 had Bushwacker flares and mud flaps and so does our new 2024 on order…you just need a slight trim on the front flaps.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I installed the larger rubber mud flaps with the Bronco lettering myself and it was easier than I initially thought once I figured out the mounting. I did this on 2022 and don’t remember having to cut anything.
I also already had the fender flares on there installed by dealer from new .
Rear fender is not in way of mud flap at all.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2490

Last edited:

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
BUT A FOLLOW UP!!!!
Yesterday I was driving at about 60mph a few minutes after getting on the PA turnpike and I ran over a piece of trash on the highway!
BUT later I discovered it was my front driver side fender flare falling off 😱😱😱.
The fender flares are just attached with metal clips to the factory installed small plastic fender protector, which is only held by press studs!!!
I have been thru a car was a few times no problem and I have low mileage as yet on the BS, badlands.
luckily I was able to drive the same highway the next day and very fortunately found the fender flare with minimal damage , no clips! At $550 for the flare kit and $120 dealer install I was not looking forward to that decision.
I will be accessing the install and adding some SS bolts and screws into the factory protectors as well as checking the install of the factory pre studs!
I had thought there was 3M VHB trim tape holding the top of the glare on but there is nothing but a rubber strip. So honestly a very simple install anyone could do. No dealer needed!
The mudflats had nothing to do with the failure and only interfere with the front flare.
Here are some photos
Cheers Warren

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2491

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2492

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2490

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2493

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2494

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2489

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed flares AND flaps? IMG_2495
Sponsored