Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
i will say what I have said on other threads. I never put anything on my vehicle that is first out of the barn. Many times it is cheap, poor quality, dosent work as well or causes other problems, etc. the good stuff is in r and d and comes out later. I am waiting for good rock slides, tube bumpers from Baja forged, using xpel clear film since they have been around a long time, weather tech for any window guards, suspension rather than spacer lift and better fitting flares.

but that is IMHO. Not worth two pennys to some.

PS: the aeroskin reminds me of the green lanterns face mask that Ryan Reynolds’s wore. I just cant get that out of my head. Just because you are hiding your cheekbones … :crackup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
i will say what I have said on other threads. I never put anything on my vehicle that is first out of the barn. Many times it is cheap, poor quality, dosent work as well or causes other problems, etc. the good stuff is in r and d and comes out later. I am waiting for good rock slides, tube bumpers from Baja forged, using xpel clear film since they have been around a long time, weather tech for any window guards, suspension rather than spacer lift and better fitting flares.

but that is IMHO. Not worth two pennys to some.

PS: the aeroskin reminds me of the green lanterns face mask that Ryan Reynolds’s wore. I just cant get that out of my head. Just because you are hiding your cheekbones … :crackup:
If you could share what you had covered on the front and what you payed would be good information for us who are thinking of doing the same . Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 659CE033-5523-4896-8B96-1EE35538BB86

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Reactions: Jrl

Notams

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For those that installed the Aeroskin II themselves, when you dry fitted it before adhering it, did it form correctly without gaps? I am asking because I let the dealer install it (should've just done it myself but they offered to do it for me) and never got the chance to see how well in formed to the hood. I am now noticing the rear section (facing the windshield) popping up off of the hood in two spots. I push it down, the adhesive sticks for a second, then pops back up again. It's about a 1/8" gap where it does this, close tot he humps. Wanted to see what you guys had to say first before I take it back. If it was deformed from the get go, I just want it completely replaced. What I don't want is for them to "try" to make it work. Thanks.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
For those that installed the Aeroskin II themselves, when you dry fitted it before adhering it, did it form correctly without gaps? I am asking because I let the dealer install it (should've just done it myself but they offered to do it for me) and never got the chance to see how well in formed to the hood. I am now noticing the rear section (facing the windshield) popping up off of the hood in two spots. I push it down, the adhesive sticks for a second, then pops back up again. It's about a 1/8" gap where it does this, close tot he humps. Wanted to see what you guys had to say first before I take it back. If it was deformed from the get go, I just want it completely replaced. What I don't want is for them to "try" to make it work. Thanks.
I installed mine back in March of this year , no issues at all , but the only gap that I can see is from the drain slot at the bottom center at the lip of the deflector directly above center of grill. Other than that I would have them replace it .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? B669FA59-03BB-4029-AF77-E75DF75528DC

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? BFCFCF4D-8E93-435E-943B-6C7FCCFEBC7C

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife & I just installed the flat one without the bump on her BS/BB. We like the looks of the flat one better.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 100_1828.JPG

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
For anyone with the hood protector installed (with bump): have you noticed a decrease in the number of bugs that accumulate in the 'trench' above the windshield?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My wife & I just installed the flat one without the bump on her BS/BB. We like the looks of the flat one better.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 100_1828.JPG
Please report back on how good it as a bug and rock deflector.
I've got a similar one on my 4Runner and it looks good but it's not great as a deflector.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Please report back on how good it as a bug and rock deflector.
I've got a similar one on my 4Runner and it looks good but it's not great as a deflector.
After having the flat hood protector on the BS for 1 week we have not noticed any bug problem or having any rocks hit the windshield & according to my wife there was no decrease in the gas milage. At this time of the year since it is getting colder it is not a good test for the bugs on the windshield since here they are pretty much gone until Spring.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
After having the flat hood protector on the BS for 1 week we have not noticed any bug problem or having any rocks hit the windshield & according to my wife there was no decrease in the gas milage. At this time of the year since it is getting colder it is not a good test for the bugs on the windshield since here they are pretty much gone until Spring.
Thanks!

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Installed the flat glossy Aeroskin Smoke today on my OBX. I am hoping to stop a paint chip or two on the leading edge while on the highway. Was not so worried about bugs? ( I can clean them off). I like the gloss finish on my OBX but suspect it will not age wonderfully. I did not know it was going to have the little ford emblem? I hear it can be taken off but if I am going to buy a classic Ford brand like the Bronco I may as well do it with some pride right?

1. I used some painters tape to get my test alignment marked.
2. remember to start the end of each separate strip along the bottom edge! (Not just the center ends as the instructions show)
3. Don't apply the prep wipe above where the deflector tape adheres.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_2884

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_2887.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_2885.JPG

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Soooo........with mixed reviews in this forum about the hood protector, what do the majority say about getting them? Use a wrap on the hood before installing? I like the look of it on the vehicle but if it is going to damage the paint or hood later on down the road, whats the point of getting it. what about all the junk getting caught between the hood and the protector? I have so many freagin questions. Just trying to cover all the bases before I make a purchase.
I looked at the 3 options from AVS and chose the deflector with the bump. I thought looked the best. So far, I am pleased with the look and performance. I still get bug hits but nothing like I got with my F-150.
Sponsored