JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My dealership ordered a Aeroskin II for me today and shod have it in by Monday. Might have the small chips on the front of the hood (first day taking it on the interstate and this happens!) touched up prior to installing. Will post some pics once she's done.
Sponsored

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Juke had this terrible. It had little padded adjustable feet though, that could be adjusted and when "lengthened" reduced the vibration significantly.
The BS has these too. There are two in the engine bay on either side of the front grill. There are two more mounted to the underside of the hood adjacent to each fender.

I had to make adjustments to my previous SUV that had pretty severe cowl shake in crosswinds and every previous car I have owned has had these adjusters.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
OK so your Juke hood Flexed. What about your Bronco?
I'll let you know when I get it... Hard to tell when it hasn't been built yet...

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put 1500 miles on my BS FE over the last week (NY - WV - VA - NY) visiting a couple of National Parks and the trek from NY to WV was very windy as was the VA - NY leg and I didn't notice enough flex in the hood to cause me concern. I do have the hood deflector but it's not installed yet as I want to get the hood wrapped in XPEL before I do.

Last edited:

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put 1500 miles on my BS FE over the last week (NY - WV - VA - NY) visiting a couple of National Parks and the trek from NY to WV it was very windy as was the VA - NY leg and I didn't notice enough flex in the hood to cause me concern. I do have the hood deflector but it's not installed yet as I want to get the hood wrapped in XPEL before I do.
Also, I don't think that there are many BSes in WV/VA as I got a lot of looks (Cyber Orange FE) and a few people approached me just to ask about it.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Some.minor flexing with mine, but my wife's sedan does this, too. Aluminum good and whatnot. When I take the BS through the ole Wash n Roll car wash, boy does that hood dance. I'll see about adjusting the hood, but I've seen no issues arise from a bit o' flex.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am currently trying to adjust the hood with the rubber “bump stops” I am not sure what they are officially called. Thus far I have gotten the hood to calm down just a little at hwy speeds so interested in how this could work more. I can say that at about 75mph the hood seems to be a little calmer. So I will keep everyone posted on this process as I continue to tweak it.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did that work for you?
I haven’t further adjusted since the first time. I want to keep working on it to see if it improves more. I’ll keep ya posted.

Reactions: Jrl

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I will note that previous to the hood protector install my hood vibrated slightly on the freeway on the centerline of the hood up near the windshield. Now with the hood protector installed it vibrates significantly more, but not enough to worry or bother me. If I get annoyed with it I will get some underhood thermal-acoustic insulation that seems to help with hood vibration according to online reviews. DEI offers one such product for anyone interested, but I'm sure Amazon has many alternatives.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I will note that previous to the hood protector install my hood vibrated slightly on the freeway on the centerline of the hood up near the windshield. Now with the hood protector installed it vibrates significantly more, but not enough to worry or bother me. If I get annoyed with it I will get some underhood thermal-acoustic insulation that seems to help with hood vibration according to online reviews. DEI offers one such product for anyone interested, but I'm sure Amazon has many alternatives.
Good info, keep us posted on the progress.

b_wilson271

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Bronco Sport
I just ordered the textured aero skin and a paint pen. Damn chip already on the hood ?

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yup, that’s what I purchased and it looks really good, especially with the fender flares too. I think i’ll wait to get mine in hand and go to the dealer to get the paint chips filled in and then have them install the hood protector. I don’t trust myself, ha!
That looks great! I see you have flairs and the mudflaps/ splash guards!
I have the fender flairs also but my dealer said the would not be able to keep the front splash guards with the flairs. Did your dealer install both together?