Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
My correct panel should be here today. Ordered monday.. service guy had no probem getting me the panel.. he to felt that should be there.. wromg part came in first but thanks to this forum i gave him correct part number.. hopefully right one today. Post a pic after install
Mine, (ordered a couple weeks ago) and several others on this thread was back ordered and due 5/12. Mine came in yesterday. Picked up & installed last night. Maybe they found a missing container before the new one arrived.
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Mine, (ordered a couple weeks ago) and several others on this thread was back ordered and due 5/12. Mine came in yesterday. Picked up & installed last night. Maybe they found a missing container before the new one arrived.
I watch him put in special order/ emergency ordrr

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'd say it's the opposite. Posts predominately seem to be favorable towards posters experiences. The malcontent posts are legit beefs which Ford needs to address.
I just looked at the previous two compilation emails from the forum listing the week's most popular topics. One had three (or four, depending on how you view it) topic discussing issues or dislikes, the other had five. Neither listed any topic titles indicating how satisfied their owners are. Granted, you're gonna see those posts when you dig in to the topics, but anyone perusing the forum is gonna see a lot of titles from people complaining.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting the listed issues are not legit; most of them are. I just think people look to forums like this for help solving problems more than as a way to express their joy. It's the nature of the beast

If it were spread across social media platforms Ford would have to take a serious look at putting out the fires pronto.
I guess you can look at it that way. It seems to me having a single place where people can list all their grievances makes it easier to find with a search.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Ford Motor Co. is a member of this forum, and it posts regularly.
Yeah, we've all seen the "Hello there, Ford here."
They want to help and reach out to contact the dealership.
Yet I have not seen anyone with a follow up post thanking Ford for resolving an issue. I am curious if that is the case or not.
Forum members and visitors benefit from the site as well as Ford.
How this works in Fords favor.......
It's a containment board.
I have been contacted by Ford at least twice -- once here, and once over on Blue Oval. There was no follow-up, certainly no resolution. It is the equivalent of the companies that respond to negative (1-2 star)reviews with boilerplate feel-good language:

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Rest assured, this is not the performance we here at (Ford; Samsung; Shop-Vac, etc.) strive for. Please contact us at (800)EAT-7448 so that we may resolve this issue to your satisfaction..."

That way, the mfr or vendor comes across as concerned, yet has not (and likely will not) do much of anything to make the customer whole. And of course, no one ever learns what the resolution was (unless the customer posts about it, which is rare).

BTW -- anyone else notice that Major Kong's post is in hard to read light grey font, both in the quote above and in post #150 (and others)? I for one believe Major Kong's posts deserve the same font as the others! :cool:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That way, the mfr or vendor comes across as concerned, yet has not (and likely will not) do much of anything to make the customer whole. And of course, no one ever learns what the resolution was (unless the customer posts about it, which is rare).
Thanks for sharing. We should be able to find out if anyone here on the forum has been helped by contacting FoMoCo. I'll see about setting up a poll. If Ford's account IS eyewash as you suggest then maybe we can petition the forum owner to ban it.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just looked at the previous two compilation emails from the forum listing the week's most popular topics. One had three (or four, depending on how you view it) topic discussing issues or dislikes, the other had five. Neither listed any topic titles indicating how satisfied their owners are. Granted, you're gonna see those posts when you dig in to the topics, but anyone perusing the forum is gonna see a lot of titles from people complaining.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting the listed issues are not legit; most of them are. I just think people look to forums like this for help solving problems more than as a way to express their joy. It's the nature of the beast

I guess you can look at it that way. It seems to me having a single place where people can list all their grievances makes it easier to find with a search.
This is an interesting topic.

Generally speaking, human nature is such that people tend to complain more than compliment -- whether online, on the phone, or in person.

Forums tend to attract identifiable groups of people:

* Fanboys/girls who are cult-like in their devotion to the product and mfr.
* People who are often critical of the product and mfr.

There is a lot of room in-between, but those seem to be the primary two -- or the loudest two..

Which is predominant seems to be a matter of the overall tone of the forum. The moderators often have undue influence. There may also be members that are more influential than most.

I mentioned elsewhere here on the BS Forum that I have a 2002 WRX (5 speed manual). I discovered that the "AWD" system is weak/lame one night when I parked on an incline on our lane to close the gate, got back in, put it in 1st, let out the clutch and one rear tire that was on ice spun and the car drifted backwards! I did some testing which confirmed the VCUs (used to transfer torque) were weak. I took it to the dealer (the same dealer we bought the BS BL from) hoping that they'd say it had a problem. Nope. They tested mine and a brand new one off their lot and both were pathetic. The Ford techs all laughed their asses off. When I started a thread about it on NASIOC, I was immediately and relentlessly attacked -- idiot; moron; bad driver; troll, etc. People simply did not want to believe that the object of their devotion was less than perfect. Eventually one of the mods closed the thread with no reason given. Perhaps Subaru didn't like it.

So things can definitely go that way. OR, people might behave more rationally and do some testing themselves and/or have their dealer check out their car and accept that Subaru's slogan for the 5MT WRX should be, "From the wheels that grip to the wheels that slip!"

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing. We should be able to find out if anyone here on the forum has been helped by contacting FoMoCo. I'll see about setting up a poll. If Ford's account IS eyewash as you suggest then maybe we can petition the forum owner to ban it.
Sounds good!

Needless to say, I've only read a fraction of the posts, but I have yet to see one in which the forum member said the Ford CSR here on the BS Forum helped them or resolved their issue. Then again, people who are satisfied are typically less likely to post.

It would be helpful if, in addition to responding to the poll, people would give some details and/or link to posts they've made about the issue and its resolution.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After doing some more research, the other post mentioned it was very hard to access the fuse panel with the top panel installed. Thinking that might be part of the reason the newer builds don’t have one or am I missing something.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Sounds good!

Needless to say, I've only read a fraction of the posts, but I have yet to see one in which the forum member said the Ford CSR here on the BS Forum helped them or resolved their issue. Then again, people who are satisfied are typically less likely to post.

It would be helpful if, in addition to responding to the poll, people would give some details and/or link to posts they've made about the issue and its resolution.
If the Ford representative were to do something like say... 'everyone missing a hood insulation, let me know and we'll get you a replacement'...

First, I'd pass out from shock.

Then I'd wonder if I was hallucinating....

Then it would keep me ordering a Bronco at the end of the year instead of giving up and getting a wrangler :D

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For some one who is not so great on car knowledge. Hope I don’t get grief about that can someone take a photo of where this dash panel should be at

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some one who is not so great on car knowledge. Hope I don’t get grief about that can someone take a photo of where this dash panel should be at
Hi Larry,

Hopefully someone will post a photo that isn't a close-up (that's all I have at the moment) but in the meantime, the panel is located (or should be located) on the underside of the dash, below the glove box. You have to just about have your head on the floor to see it.

It's near where the passenger's toes would be if their legs are stretched forward.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1651604800431

This is the camera sitting in passenger floor board looking forward. The plastic above the foor mat on the wall covers the fuse area. All that exposed stuff up top, shouldn't be exposed.

You can see the two tabs on the fuse panel cover that interface with the missing panel.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1651604800431

This is the camera sitting in passenger floor board looking forward. The plastic above the foor mat on the wall covers the fuse area. All that exposed stuff up top, shouldn't be exposed.

You can see the two tabs on the fuse panel cover that interface with the missing panel.
Excellent photo and description!
Sponsored