delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
As the very happy owner of several Miata's in my life, the amount of "questions" I have gotten about my car choice has led me to believe that people's opinions don't actually affect how much I enjoy a vehicle. After all, I am the one who has to drive it everyday...
That's the only way to operate.

I fully intend to buy a Mini Cooper at some point. Apparently, I'm not supposed to say that, and I'm certainly not supposed to follow through with it. I don't fit the mold of a Mini Cooper owner, from what I gather. The thing is, I really like them. Love the short wheel-base and so many of the quirks that a Mini offers. I also really like British automobiles. I've owned an Aston Martin and a Land Rover. I want to add a Mini to my British car ownership experience.

Nothing about my desire to own a Mini has anything to do with other people or what they will say about it. Like a Miata, I don't expect public opinion to be overly positive.

But I'd also gladly own a Miata at some point. They look fun to me.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
usually takes only a minute or two for the "oh yeah" moment
getting old
this moment took a couple days for the oh yeah to kick in
adding to the webaco/ragtop comment
something about the window needing to drop before opening
winter icing preventing drop from occurring
needing to thaw window before opening door
Not gonna lie, my 79 had a key down rear glass. Had to swing the spare, key down the rear glass and pray there wasn't any freeze, then lower the gate. Fail one of those steps and it's disaster. Aka dad gonna whoop my arse.😂

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I forgot to mention how much I love the look on a person's face when I tell them the engine only has three cylinders :shock:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I got asked yesterday if it had a 6 in it. Nope 2L 4cyl (Because Badlands). Same guy says I have a friend with a soft top option (ookay). I said, oh a full size. He says he was told it would void the warranty if he took it through mud. 🤯 I said well mine has a mode for that. I don’t think they would do that just to void a warranty. I wanted to say, Dude my tank is full, I need to get Out of here. How do you like it? I get all the time, but warranty questions about off road when I have stock Pirelli’s on it. 🙄🤦‍♀️

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
Anybody else tired of full size Bronco owners knocking down the BS? I hear it all the time, but I was out yesterday, and I have a friend who has a 22 Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch. An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.

This is not the first time, but this is starting to make me irritated. I did not get the full size Bronco for many reasons, but the main one is I don't need it. I rarely go off road, so there is no reason for me to own a truck that size and off road capable.

I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.

I wanted to bring up all the awards that the BS had received that the Bronco hasn't, especially that Consumer Reports does not like the Bronco, but loves the BS (https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-hates-2022-ford-bronco-loves-ford-bronco-sport/), but it is not worth my breath. (although I guess it is worth my typing).

Anyway I a just venting. The way I look at it is this. To me, the Bronco is like a tank, and the BS is like a Jeep (using the military as an example). Are you comfortable driving a tank on the road?

Sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
As a middle school administrator, I have learned that the only people who need to verbally put someone else down are those who have self-esteem issues; this is typical middle school behavior that some never outgrow. His very insult tells you everything you need to know about his psyche. Those with higher self-esteem, may have their opinions, yet keep their comments to themselves.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
As a middle school administrator, I have learned that the only people who need to verbally put someone else down are those who have self-esteem issues; this is typical middle school behavior that some never outgrow. His very insult tells you everything you need to know about his psyche. Those with higher self-esteem, may have their opinions, yet keep their comments to themselves.
I actually think it is a form a narcissism, where people think that if something isn’t what they want, then it sucks.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
I actually think it is a form a narcissism, where people think that if something isn’t what they want, then it sucks.
Which would also be related to never growing out of the self-centered adolescent stage. Either way, juvenile behavior.

LV2ROAM

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My preference came down to price, comfort and 34.1 mpg average on a 2,593 mile trip we just completed, that used 76 gal ( I have all the receipts) this trip included climbing the rockies, through Utah, AZ and the Nevada and California deserts. The average temperature for the entire trip was over 100 degrees in the daytime. We even got caught up in a traffic accident that took us over 2 hours to clear in the middle of the Mojave desert where the temp was 111! Our Big Bend was flawless the entire trip and we ran the ac constantly on top of that! That's why I bought my Bronco Sport. So far, the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm 74 years old by the way and have owned a LOT of vehicles!
I'm with you, just turned 1200 miles on the odometer of my BS OB. Yesterday, while driving back home from my wife's folks house, I hit 36 mpg. I've been averaging around 32.2 to 34.6 on most drives. I drove a 8000 ft pass the other day and used the Slipper/Wet mode, to my delight, the OB handled it as well as my old Suzuki GV, and that was without using 4 low.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I had someone ask if my Bronco had a manual transmission? I said no not available. Guy says yes it is. I said yeah in the big Bronco you can get manual. Then I get deer in the head lights look.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah, the deer has four-hoof drive, but does it have a low gear?
Then I have ppl ask if I have any of those roof problems with my Bronco? And then there is the is my Bronco a 2 or 4 door? Ugh, I give up with this whole Bronco confusion thing...

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I like to wave at all the Big Broncos I see out driving. Either a) they're cool and wave back, or b) they're TOO cool, don't wave back and, I figure, annoyed at me for thinking I'm cool enough to wave at them. Either way, I am amused😁.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I like to wave at all the Big Broncos I see out driving. Either a) they're cool and wave back, or b) they're TOO cool, don't wave back and, I figure, annoyed at me for thinking I'm cool enough to wave at them. Either way, I am amused😁.
Absolutely
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 1669865317653

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 37D66354-DD3F-45DD-96D8-E65CFEE06A54

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know...I'm going to have a rough time dealing with the range of emotions when I choose whether to get in the Bronco Sport Badlands or the Bronco Raptor in our garage. Do I get mad at myself, or jealous, maybe ignore me and look away. Eh, I'll probably just be the same polite person I am to anyone.
I have to say, riding in my Bronco Sport I have had so few Sport owners wave back at me or even acknowledge me it has been sort of a shame in my opinion. So it isn't all big brother it's us also!!!

Last edited:

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Honestly, not really getting anything negative in my parts. Wisconsin is a weird place, though!

Most people say "nice Bronco" if they say anything at all, but as we're nearing the 3rd year of production they are becoming more common and I see them regularly. Even run into a few other owners here and there and have a quick chat. I seem to have the only FE around, though :p

I do get a little antsy when I see the "big Bronco" out and about - there's a couple in town plus the owner of our local dealership has a FE Cactus Gray one that is regularly on location. On top of that one of the employees got himself a Raptor and OH BOY IS THAT THING NICE! I got to take an up close and personal look at it and whew, what a machine.

I think the only negative experience I had was a guy at the gas station rambling on about how the new Broncos in general aren't as good as the old ones etc. but it was mostly incoherent and I didn't pay any attention.

EDIT: I also make it a point to park next to any other Bronco in the lot if I go to a big box location. I've yet to have it happen, but I'm really hoping for the day I run into the other person and have a quick laugh about our matching vehicles! Anyone else do this?
Sponsored