Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I haven’t looked at the actual sales numbers but based on the forum activity, definitely not as many enthusiasts.
Based on Facebook, 90% of buyers are upset that it doesn't have a power liftgate and 3/4 of those people thought it did when they paid. Something over 75% of all Bronco Sport have broken a windshield. Doesn't seem like the crowd that wants to mod and wheel. It's a different scene.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Based on Facebook, 90% of buyers are upset that it doesn't have a power liftgate and 3/4 of those people thought it did when they paid. Something over 75% of all Bronco Sport have broken a windshield. Doesn't seem like the crowd that wants to mod and wheel. It's a different scene.
I wanted power lift gate a lot of competitors have it would have paid what ever to get it. But knew that going in due to research. I decided Pros of sport far out weighed its Cons so very happy with my choice.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
There are similar circumstances on the 6G forum as well. Biggest beef seems to be lack of tow capacity and no cup holders in the rear for the four doors.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I wanted power lift gate a lot of competitors have it would have paid what ever to get it. But knew that going in due to research. I decided Pros of sport far out weighed its Cons so very happy with my choice.
I don’t understand the fascination for this feature. Maybe I’m just too old school? It takes very little effort to raise or lower the lift gate. I know that some want to be able to do it from inside the car but that is not something I would need/want to do often enough to need it. I’ve had it on rentals and seen it on friends cars. I just don’t see it solving an issue for me.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t understand the fascination for this feature. Maybe I’m just too old school?
I don't miss it either, but the wife really likes it on her Escape. She's short, so reaching the open lift gate is an issue for her, and she likes the kick-to-open function when her arms are full.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I don’t understand the fascination for this feature. Maybe I’m just too old school? It takes very little effort to raise or lower the lift gate. I know that some want to be able to do it from inside the car but that is not something I would need/want to do often enough to need it. I’ve had it on rentals and seen it on friends cars. I just don’t see it solving an issue for me.
Do you constantly have both a latte and a phone to juggle with another parcel?

I honestly think that is the driving force for it.

There are similar circumstances on the 6G forum as well. Biggest beef seems to be lack of tow capacity and no cup holders in the rear for the four doors.
On the big one? Mine has 4 cupholders in the front 2 in door and 2+ in console(4.3?) and 4 in the rear 2 in door, 2 in flip-down. Wish it had more tow but I knew the limit going in and accepted it for what it was and why.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Do you constantly have both a latte and a phone to juggle with another parcel?
Then you would have to have the foot opening feature too. If you’re carrying that much, you don’t have a way to get the key fob out of your pocket/purse to push the button.

It seems to me that if you can access the fob, you can access the door pop button.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Then you would have to have the foot opening feature too. If you’re carrying that much, you don’t have a way to get the key fob out of your pocket/purse to push the button.

It seems to me that if you can access the fob, you can access the door pop button.
I find the feeling of pulling the handle down and shutting the lift gate kind of satisfying. Not sure if that's weird.
I'm with you on not caring about missing a power lift gate feature. I feel spoiled enough that I can open the glass to grab small items and that it has those neat little lift gate lights. The bottle opener is also used more frequently than I care to admit. 🍻

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the big one? Mine has 4 cupholders in the front 2 in door and 2+ in console(4.3?) and 4 in the rear 2 in door, 2 in flip-down. Wish it had more tow but I knew the limit going in and accepted it for what it was and why.
Only for the four doors with leather seats. Four door Cloth or MGV not so much. In any case, my point was no matter which vehicle, people complain it doesn’t include something or another that they wanted.

Reactions: Jrl

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a fascination with it. But wife drives mine most of time and she wanted it cause she had it on an '09 Pilot Touring and liked it. So far manual tail gate on my sport is working fine no complaints.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
No. What I am tired of is reading through all the different topics on here and finding more items everyday that FORD has quietly omitted from the BS while still raising the price. It is actually sub par in its class for the features it lacks for the MSRP it does have. FORD is nickle and dimeing us to death. This is what is getting me more frustrated than anything else. The longer I wait for this order the more time I have to contemplate my decision, Is My Money being spent wisely? I live in the Chicagoland area (trails are far) and hope to move somewhere near the Carolinas (trails not so far) in a couple of years and the Bronco Sport is for that time to be able to hit those trails. And my impatience if I chose to buy off the lot would only cost another couple grand$$$$ more thanks to MSRP hikes. January 2nd build date can not come soon enough. maybe an ole 4Runner lol.

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 1670261783677

Let the people hate. I love our Bronco Sport.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
No. What I am tired of is reading through all the different topics on here and finding more items everyday that FORD has quietly omitted from the BS while still raising the price. It is actually sub par in its class for the features it lacks for the MSRP it does have. FORD is nickle and dimeing us to death. This is what is getting me more frustrated than anything else. The longer I wait for this order the more time I have to contemplate my decision, Is My Money being spent wisely? I live in the Chicagoland area (trails are far) and hope to move somewhere near the Carolinas (trails not so far) in a couple of years and the Bronco Sport is for that time to be able to hit those trails. And my impatience if I chose to buy off the lot would only cost another couple grand$$$$ more thanks to MSRP hikes. January 2nd build date can not come soon enough. maybe an ole 4Runner lol.
Prices getting raised by large amounts is industry wide. Decontenting is also common. The sports are expensive yes. I would wait see when yours comes in take a look. It will most likely be all love once the day comes you are at the dealer seeing it for the first time. The waiting and unpredictability are very painful though.

I will never forget the day I was standing in dealer show room and they pulled it up front all cleaned up. I go out they pull window sticker out and tell me this is the one you ordered. Then it hits you yep its finally here its for real.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My best advice is to reach out to those you know who could possibly have z or x plan.

My wife works for Sherwin and got X plan. It is the only reason we are able to afford our full size that we have on order as well.

Second bit of advice is find a dealership that has honest pricing. We were lucky to have a small time dealership that honored x plan and didn't create fake orders to get inventory.
Sponsored