110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?!

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hey there! As the title states, in my 2022 BS BL, both of the power outlets just flash and they do not work...Tried using a small plug-in air pump for a river floaty...Ended up blowing it up myself.....anyways.....

Checked the Owners Manual, It says if the light is flashing the outlet is in Fault mode and to let it cool....Days later they are still flashing. Any ideas on how to actually reset them?? I used the outlet months back with the same pump and it worked fine. Owners Manual was no help on what to do.....Any ideas are appreciated!!
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read once the flashing means the wattage was exceeded (Badlands is a 400w inverter) and can also mean the inverter has a fault that a power cycle will not correct.

Someone posted specs on the inverter, it does not have good specs including the output sine wave is pretty poor meaning some devices (even at or under 400w) will not function correctly when powered by that inverter.

most air pumps are pretty low wattage. What is the wattage on the pump you tried?

Also is there any chance someone plugged in a device that is more than 400w?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case anyone needs to find the inverter (pic and it’s info is abit dated and some bronco sports also have a 12V port or the USB Ports in that location):
Ford Bronco Sport 110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?! 1689022264969

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read once the flashing means the wattage was exceeded (Badlands is a 400w inverter) and can also mean the inverter has a fault that a power cycle will not correct.

Someone posted specs on the inverter, it does not have good specs including the output sine wave is pretty poor meaning some devices (even at or under 400w) will not function correctly when powered by that inverter.

most air pumps are pretty low wattage. What is the wattage on the pump you tried?

Also is there any chance someone plugged in a device that is more than 400w?

The only thing I can think of is my Daughter used a Apple phone charger on a road trip a while ago....I don't think that would throw it off but maybe it did?!

I discovered in the manual last night that slot 9 in the fuse box under the engine is the fuse for the power inverter.....so my plan was to pull the fuse and see if that resets it....But I couldn't figure out how to get to the fuses, there are two big connectors that come out of the fuse box, but couldn't find the fuses?!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Facebook “Ford Bronco Sport Owners” group posted some info ..

Ford Bronco Sport 110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?! 1689091756654

Ford Bronco Sport 110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?! 1689091326937

Ford Bronco Sport 110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?! 1689091441365

Ford Bronco Sport 110V Power Outlet Flashing, in "Fault Mode"....Any ideas to resetting it?! 1689091458664

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Apple phone charger is low power and is well under the 400W that the Badlands inverter can provide. You can look at the Apple phone charger and it will state its wattage.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, should I disconnect the negative battery cable first or is it really necessary?!
Well instead of messing with the fuse I was originally going to say just disconnect the negative terminal of the 12V battery for awhile (some even say over night! Which seems excessive). Maybe that would “reset” the inverter but I have my doubts that would work for your case.

but maybe you think it was a fuse that blew so is always a great idea to disconnect the negative terminal of the 12V battery when working with fuses

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well instead of messing with the fuse I was originally going to say just disconnect the negative terminal of the 12V battery for awhile (some even say over night! Which seems excessive). Maybe that would “reset” the inverter but I have my doubts that would work for your case.

but maybe you think it was a fuse that blew so is always a great idea to disconnect the negative terminal of the 12V battery when working with fuses
No luck, fuse was fine.....disconnecting the Neg. battery terminal did not reset it, still in fault mode....

Called my dealer for an appointment and the earliest they have to look at it is, NOVEMBER 7th....Awesome.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called my dealer for an appointment and the earliest they have to look at it is, NOVEMBER 7th....Awesome.
Oh geez. Wow that’s insane.
I didn’t find any way to reset the inverter when I searched. Seems like either people don’t use the inverters much or the inverter is typically reliable (just not in your case).

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh geez. Wow that’s insane.
I didn’t find any way to reset the inverter when I searched. Seems like either people don’t use the inverters much or the inverter is typically reliable (just not in your case).
Yeah, who knows what's up with it....After getting ahold of the Manager of the whole dealership......My appointment was moved from November 7th, to August 10th....so there's that!!!
Sponsored