Any Complaints so far?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did my research and know what kind of vehicle I'm getting when my BL+ BL arrives. That being said I just watched four Bronco Sport reviews on YouTube and noticed the following:

Reviewer 1 stated that NO ONE knows that this is not the bigger Bronco and that Ford was "confusing its core audience and customers". I think the only person confused was the reviewer.
Reviewer 2 stated that the Bronco Sport has "ZERO off road chops" but then later in the review admitted that he had not taken the Bronco Sport out to any off road courses or locations. SMH.
Reviewer 3 complained that the Bronco Sport took 6.2 seconds to go from 0-60 mph and called it unacceptable. The Bronco Sport is NOT a sports car.
Reviewer 4 stated that they were unhappy with the "knobby" tires that came with the Badlands stating that they "created too much noise and should only be used for off road vehicles".... I dont even know how to respond to that... SMH... LOL... or just plain WTH.

There is no hope for humanity..... :)
So sad that all of these know-nothing "reviewers" spout this same tripe over and over and over...video reviewers who actually drive it all love it. Well, one big-guy impression at a TINT SHOP had 2 words for it -- "too small," go figure. Looking at it from the outside, didn't sit in it or drive it.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's been incredible so far. Comfortable, fun to drive, and extremely capable.
Only 'complaint' beyond the missing options on the FE would be the seating space in the back. Its fine for kids or smaller adults, but would be uncomfortable for anyone over 6' on longer trips.

Definitely not a deterrent for buying it!
I'm 6'3" and "fit" behind myself okay, though I wouldn't be happy there on a long trip sitting behind myself, as it were. It's fine back there for average-sized riders to ride -- nobody's going to be doing yoga back there though, it is a little snug for that.

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Theres no "Oh S**t" handle for the driver lol curious why they left that out.

Other than that minor detail I have been loving my OB. Got 1200 miles on it so far and it has been amazing, espcially handling well in the midwest snowfalls of late
There's no "oh s**t handle for the driver ... because if it's getting THAT bad in the cockpit, both driver hands better be on the damn wheel!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
No issues or complaints . Over 700 miles .

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So here in Indianapolis we got a serious snow storm yesterday. The thing handles like a dream in deep snow. No complaints on that.

But after helping my parents go to the store for some quick shopping I noticed something that will probably be a problem. When the wind is severe, the blowing snow got behind the doors. The rear door had snow packed. After opening the door, all of the snow fell into my cargo area.

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082342
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082352
From Indy as well and had the exact same issue in my BL. Snow ice in the driver door down in the bottom corner, makes a nice crunchy sound every time I open it.

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Another complaint.. maybe it's just me..

I feel the steering wheel to seat dimensions to be odd. In every vehicle I've ever owned, I could always hold the steering wheel with my knee without too much effort. Obviously, this is not normal driving, but there are those times when you need to grab sunglasses and get them on while in motion.

For whatever reason, the steering wheel is quite far from my knee. I do have my seat high enough to see the edge of the hood, which causes me to duck under the sensors in the center of the windshield, which is also annoying, but not as annoying as how far my knee is from the wheel.

If I lower the wheel, then it blocks the display. It seems to be the most un-perfect set of distances to make it difficult to pin the wheel with my knee. Not saying I can't get it up there, because I can. It's just a stretch.

SN95

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2011 Fusion, 2003 Mach 1
No washer nozzle for the rear camera. Isn't that a requirement for all Broncos????

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wait. No ambient lighting in the Big Bend? As in, if you open the door at night you can't see anything inside? Makes me pause in getting my Big Bend than if only available in OB trim. This and maybe the better sound system would make me go up (although I do not want the leather seats). I've also heard the better sound system in the OB model isn't worth it and the top dash speaker gives off an odd "tinny" reverberations. Can anyone help/advise me on this?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Wait. No ambient lighting in the Big Bend? As in, if you open the door at night you can't see anything inside? Makes me pause in getting my Big Bend than if only available in OB trim. This and maybe the better sound system would make me go up (although I do not want the leather seats). I've also heard the better sound system in the OB model isn't worth it and the top dash speaker gives off an odd "tinny" reverberations. Can anyone help/advise me on this?
Ambient lighting is the little floorboard and door LED lighting, not the overheads. It's a nice feature but I doubt it's a deal breaker for anybody. I have it on my Cherokee but it's mostly nice for exiting the car at night, the handle is lit up.

I personally didn't think the upgraded sound system was very good. If I was to get one I'd want to replace it. I'm not like a huge audiophile, I'm usually ok with the upgraded sound in most cars.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ambient lighting is the little floorboard and door LED lighting, not the overheads. It's a nice feature but I doubt it's a deal breaker for anybody. I have it on my Cherokee but it's mostly nice for exiting the car at night, the handle is lit up.

I personally didn't think the upgraded sound system was very good. If I was to get one I'd want to replace it. I'm not like a huge audiophile, I'm usually ok with the upgraded sound in most cars.
Thanks Justin, this was very helpful in appeasing my mind in getting the BB over the OB. I didn't want the leather seats and thought the BB package in the BB would suffice all the interior things I would need. However no overhead lights might have been a breaking point ha! Appreciate you clarifying this for me.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought the B&O sound system sounds pretty great, but think you have to choose the source (digital), crank it up, maybe fiddle with the EQ to appreciate it. But everyone has different likes. It has to be better than the standard setup? You also get HD radio instead of SD -- which I can't listen to anymore.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I thought the B&O sound system sounds pretty great, but think you have to choose the source (digital), crank it up, maybe fiddle with the EQ to appreciate it. But everyone has different likes. It has to be better than the standard setup? You also get HD radio instead of SD -- which I can't listen to anymore.
Yeah, sound system opinions will vary wildly. It's one of the many things you have to test for yourself.
Sponsored