Any Complaints so far?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Beating a dead horse here but FE not having ACC is a bummer... nothing I can about it now though.

Otherwise I agree with wanting a bigger fuel tank. I'm not getting very good MPG in the city and it shows. Haven't really had a need to put many HWY miles on it as of yet.
At this point in my world my two miles there and two miles back daily commute is pretty consistent. My random trips to groceries or golf etc aren't much different from a month ago. I just filled up and had 378 miles to empty. My challenger with a V6 was typically 403. I'm averaging 24.9mpg in the first 1500 miles. I'd argue 25 miles worth of gas with unchanged driving and distance I haven't noticed a tank issue. I've also understood mpg improves after a short break in period
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This issue is specifically mentioned in the owners manual that came with my BS. The recommended solution is to crack the other window. I thought it was an odd thing to address in the manual but Ford obviously is aware.
It is a common problem with most vehicles no matter the make.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not speaking for MarkyMark, but in general: Tires can be malformed in multiple ways to create the sensation of being "out of balance", one being out of round and/or unbalancable due to irregular wall thickness affecting uniform density.
Those problems used to occur often twenty years ago. Have not heard of such problems recently. Could be one of several problems not related to tires.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Minor... after the first 1000 miles on a long road trip...Seat bottom...needs to be an inch longer and it needs power angle adjustment.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
At this point in my world my two miles there and two miles back daily commute is pretty consistent. My random trips to groceries or golf etc aren't much different from a month ago. I just filled up and had 378 miles to empty. My challenger with a V6 was typically 403. I'm averaging 24.9mpg in the first 1500 miles. I'd argue 25 miles worth of gas with unchanged driving and distance I haven't noticed a tank issue. I've also understood mpg improves after a short break in period
I'm still only at around 400 miles on the odometer but I've gotten some highway driving in and am seeing 25+ in doing so. I'm much happier seeing those numbers. Tough part is I live right in the heavy shopping area of town so everything I need from stores is an extremely short city-only drive away.

Plan is to take a couple hour road trip in the next two weeks and see what I get on the interstate.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Those problems used to occur often twenty years ago. Have not heard of such problems recently. Could be one of several problems not related to tires.
I haven't been keeping up with the tire industry other than I know there are a lot more Asian options available these days. I certainly didn't know they had lowered the defect rate that significantly.

There are only so many contributing factors to those symptoms, maybe a wheel run-out issue, hub/rim concentrically issue, a suspension problem, bearings, something left in tire during assembly?

immortalwombat

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do you recall if that carwash had the cloth rags or the spinning brushes? I know the latter would not be good on those shiny plastic surfaces but don't know about the cloth strips. That is going to be a real problem and I would prefer the flat black (non-glossy) plastic used around windows instead.
I used a touchless car wash. The trim is scratched very noticeable in the sun. I need to find a way to buff it out I can post a pic later.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'm still only at around 400 miles on the odometer but I've gotten some highway driving in and am seeing 25+ in doing so. I'm much happier seeing those numbers. Tough part is I live right in the heavy shopping area of town so everything I need from stores is an extremely short city-only drive away.

Plan is to take a couple hour road trip in the next two weeks and see what I get on the interstate.
I'm out in the country, lots of hills, mountains and twisty roads.
26 mpg average from new to 4500 miles, then up it goes.
Now at 5600 miles I'm holding a 28 mpg average....
Forget about mpgs until your motor and transmission are more fully broken in.
I'm expecting even better as I approach 10k miles...

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the OB 1.5. My main complaint is the lack of power. Yesterday, in 112 degree heat, taking off from a traffic light was utterly frustrating. Hitting the gas did literally NOTHING for 4-5 seconds. Then the car starts to move, then ramps up speed like a switch was just turned on, all the while trying to decide when to shift. This is a real problem with this car. The transmission is the most erratic I've ever had in a vehicle. I have 4000 miles on the Sport now. No off-roading. The service tech actually told me that the engine hesitation will be bad in hot weather ???? and I should see some improvement using 91 octane because something in the way the engine deals with octane doesn't like hot weather. Really??? I had a full tank at the time and will be filling with 91 today so I'll see if it makes a difference. Even while on the highway, hitting the gas to go around someone is very hesitant before shifting and accelerating.
(I also would like power angle adjustment on the seat!)

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My biggest complaint/quibble is probably the rear glass. It's so small it's impractical, and the glass lock/rear wiper housing takes up a ton of space in the rear view.

No major complaints so far @2600 miles, other than a rattle in the driver's door. Coming from a CX5 I had for 8 years that didn't start rattling until 45K miles, that's a little disappointment.

As others have said, could use a little longer seat and angle adjustment, and maybe a little more side bolster (I'm used to the CX5's sport seats that hold you in on turns).

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the OB 1.5. My main complaint is the lack of power. Yesterday, in 112 degree heat, taking off from a traffic light was utterly frustrating. Hitting the gas did literally NOTHING for 4-5 seconds. Then the car starts to move, then ramps up speed like a switch was just turned on, all the while trying to decide when to shift. This is a real problem with this car. The transmission is the most erratic I've ever had in a vehicle. I have 4000 miles on the Sport now. No off-roading. The service tech actually told me that the engine hesitation will be bad in hot weather ???? and I should see some improvement using 91 octane because something in the way the engine deals with octane doesn't like hot weather. Really??? I had a full tank at the time and will be filling with 91 today so I'll see if it makes a difference. Even while on the highway, hitting the gas to go around someone is very hesitant before shifting and accelerating.
I have had Ecoboost engines that have done this, on a Flex and two F150’s and even my 2019 Ranger I just traded, lack of throttle from a stop then it surges. it is annoying.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
One has to be realistic about what to expect from a 1.5L engine with less than 200 HP on a vehicle as heavy as the B/Sport.
Did you not research and know it's a 3 cylinder engine and how much HP it has? (I know you did, the question is rhetorical). Really, given the numbers on paper, the behavior you describe is nothing shocking. It's not a very light vehicle, and that amount of hp is only going to get you from A to B in city driving in a "sedate" fashion; not instantly.
This is why, when I first became interested in the B/Sport, I made the decision NEVER to go with the 1.5L. If I can't get a BL+BL I am going to WAIT until 2022 models are available without the crazy price hikes... hopefully that will happen someday. Because I KNEW if I got anything less than the BL trim, I'd regret it.
--The air is of course "thinner" in hot weather and yes, it would be worse in hot weather. IDK how 91 oct will make a difference, I thought the ECU would retard the timing to adjust to higher octane than specified for the engine?

If this continues, you are stuck with a feeling of dissatisfaction every time you get in and drive the car. That's not something you want to live with. You will see Mazda3 sedans taking off like rockets with their 2.5L engines, even the ones that are not boosted, while the 1.5L B/Sport is still "thinking".

If I were you, I'd wait as long as you can, take GREAT care of the OB, and trade it in and upgrade to a used 2021 Badlands OR wait for 2022 models to show up, and THEN get a new BL, so you will have the 4-cyl engine and you will be much happier, and MPG won't suffer that much with it either.

Last edited:

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
My biggest complaint/quibble is probably the rear glass. It's so small it's impractical, and the glass lock/rear wiper housing takes up a ton of space in the rear view.

No major complaints so far @2600 miles, other than a rattle in the driver's door. Coming from a CX5 I had for 8 years that didn't start rattling until 45K miles, that's a little disappointment.

As others have said, could use a little longer seat and angle adjustment, and maybe a little more side bolster (I'm used to the CX5's sport seats that hold you in on turns).
Lots of remarks regarding the seats. I have sat in one and can agree: it is like the most basic seat design that looks like it came from a car in the 80s. Mazda seats CX-5, and others (we have a Mazda6) are a different world: nicely bolstered and even better than some of the newer mid-level BMWs.
Here's hoping the seats will be re-designed for 2022 and up model years for the B/Sport.

Last edited:

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
The throttle response in Normal mode is not very good. Sport is better but it keeps revs too high when coasting.
Lumbar support made my back hurt. Took it down to zero and went back to using a pillow. Also seats are too wide and don't give enough support around a corner. I know it's not a sports car but it's obviously made for the ever growing husky population.
Water collects on the hood and doesn't get blown off while driving. The aerodynamics are in a way that things get trapped in air pockets of the car.
The sunroof should probably close itself when car is locked.
There is no average speed information in the gauge cluster display.
Audio sources require a lot of button presses to switch when you're in android auto. Unless I am missing something? Also there is no play/pause button in the steering wheel. I'd rather have that over mute button.
Tail lights are incandescent and don't match the LEDs up front. Easy fix but should be like that from the factory.
The sound quality from the stock speakers is pretty terrible. Unusable past 20 on the volume knob. The bass is there but it totally overpowers all the other frequencies.
Otherwise the car is fantastic.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Mine after day one.

-adaptive cruise control flashes when vehicle speed is over posted speed limit.

Wirlees charge pad is limited to standard wireless charge, not wireless fast charge.

Sync 3 while other 2021 models have sync 4.

USB "media bin" by shifter is standard wired charge on both USB and USB c

Console and rear seat USB c is fast charge while normal USB is not

You have to pay attention when latching rear seats upright or you catch the seat bet in the latch. My mistake, I was packing and didn't realize.

No engine cover

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210623_202943
Sponsored