Any Complaints so far?

MarkyMark75

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Those problems used to occur often twenty years ago. Have not heard of such problems recently. Could be one of several problems not related to tires.

Update: The dealer replaced the last set of Continentals with Michelin Latitude and zero issues now! Recently took a road trip of 1200 miles mostly highway and it was smooth the whole time.

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Mine after day one.

-adaptive cruise control flashes when vehicle speed is over posted speed limit.

Wirlees charge pad is limited to standard wireless charge, not wireless fast charge.

Sync 3 while other 2021 models have sync 4.

USB "media bin" by shifter is standard wired charge on both USB and USB c

Console and rear seat USB c is fast charge while normal USB is not

You have to pay attention when latching rear seats upright or you catch the seat bet in the latch. My mistake, I was packing and didn't realize.

No engine cover

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210623_202943
I just checked under the hood of my new OB...No engine cover either! I have a call into our salesman. What have they told you about your missing engine cover?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Mine after day one.

Wirlees charge pad is limited to standard wireless charge, not wireless fast charge.

You have to pay attention when latching rear seats upright or you catch the seat bet in the latch. My mistake, I was packing and didn't realize.

No engine cover

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210623_202943
My BB had an engine cover

My dealers body shop removed it when they installed my air horns. I did not keep it otherwise I would give it away to someone in need

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I have the OB 1.5. My main complaint is the lack of power. Yesterday, in 112 degree heat, taking off from a traffic light was utterly frustrating. Hitting the gas did literally NOTHING for 4-5 seconds. Then the car starts to move, then ramps up speed like a switch was just turned on, all the while trying to decide when to shift. This is a real problem with this car. The transmission is the most erratic I've ever had in a vehicle. I have 4000 miles on the Sport now. No off-roading. The service tech actually told me that the engine hesitation will be bad in hot weather ???? and I should see some improvement using 91 octane because something in the way the engine deals with octane doesn't like hot weather. Really??? I had a full tank at the time and will be filling with 91 today so I'll see if it makes a difference. Even while on the highway, hitting the gas to go around someone is very hesitant before shifting and accelerating.
(I also would like power angle adjustment on the seat!)
You need to get that thing looked at.
My 1.5 is quick to respond and has more power than any non turbo 4 cyl or V-6 I've ever had. The tranny shifts so smooth I only notice about 5 shifts out of eight IF I'm paying attention.
It climbs my steep gravel really well. Far better than any of the other small AWD vehicles on my mountain.
My BASE Model excels where I needed it most....

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
You need to get that thing looked at.
My 1.5 is quick to respond and has more power than any non turbo 4 cyl or V-6 I've ever had. The tranny shifts so smooth I only notice about 5 shifts out of eight IF I'm paying attention.
It climbs my steep gravel really well. Far better than any of the other small AWD vehicles on my mountain.
My BASE Model excels where I needed it most....
I'm in LOVE with the throttle response on the 1.5L trubo. I has litterally double the engine in my mariner. This is an improvement.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think the shiny black part on the bottom of the steering wheel is dumb...reflects sun into my eyes perfectly.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
2900 miles on our Badlands + BL package, 360+ & Tow…. Overall it’s great, loving it so far. A list of complaints exists below. Overall I don’t think Ford did bad for a first model year coming out of a pandemic. My list has a bit of meat to it, but like I said we really like the Bronco Sport so far and actually want another. I gave up looking for another BL+BL. Will just order another when the order banks are open again at the end of August, we don’t need it right away. Perhaps some of these issues will be addressed for MY22, but I‘m honestly not expecting any changes.

Complaints:

No seat or mirror memory. Really disappointed that the top trim level with power leather seats does not have this. The leather seats in the BL are very comfortable, but the seat pan needs a tilt adjustment.

No HomeLink garage door opener. This makes the Bronco Sport the *ONLY* vehicle offered by Ford that does not have integrated garage door opener on at least one trim level. Full size Bronco has it on several trim levels. It’s not omitted because the Bronco Sport is an off-road vehicle or any nonsense that I’ve seen various apologists come up with.

The visors can only go so far forward and are awkward.

The new dual-flap fuel filler neck just sucks. This is not a unique Bronco Sport issue, but something that is affecting a handful of new cars out there from Ford and other makers like Toyota. I’ve encountered some gas pump nozzles that are just not long enough to work properly and make it difficult, and in one case truly impossible, to fill up.

Bump outs on the hood have terrible reflection / glare when the sun hits them at the right angle on the side facing the windshield. Had this in the past on an F-250, don’t recall exactly which model year and also on a RAM pickup at one point. Terrible. Something that should have been caught in testing since it affected my son and I the first day we drove it.

Can’t open the rear hatch when the doors are locked when we have the fob on us. It will flash the lights, but that’s it. So it’s registering the fob. Once again, kinda surprised to see this when other Ford SUVs let us open the rear hatch when locked if we’re holding the fob.

The fake engine noise when in Sport mode. I mean really, WTF? Whatever genius in the marketing department that thought this was desirable is a complete moron. I get it, fake engine noise is a thing these days that Ford and GM are putting on various cars because some marketing people think that people won’t buy a car unless it sounds like it has a powerful engine or something. My Expedition has fake engine noise too, but it’s a lot more subtle and yet more believable whereas in the Bronco it’s overdone and just comical. Almost as lame as in the Mach-E, but at least in the Mach-E we can turn It off.

Seatbelts for the 2nd row need a little extra attention when putting seats from folded to upright to make sure they’re not stuck on the wrong side of the seat back.

Would like seat heaters for the 2nd row. Seems like a no-brainer on the top trim level. Something that Ford offers on the 2nd row of the Explorer, Edge, Expedition and even did on a few model years of the Escape.

I appreciate getting a full-size spare, but they should have given us the same tire to match the other 4. Now we have 4 aggressive AT tires and one mediocre crap tire.

USB ports are all standard +5V with no frills or fast-charging. This is irksome for the USB-C port, which should be able to put out enough juice to actually charge or power something bigger than a phone. At least we have real power ports in the ca though and I love the one in the rear.

Wireless charging pad has compatibility issues. Does not like any iPhone 12, but is also flaky with some other newer/ larger phones. It’s also under-powered and while it charges an iPhone 11 Pro Max just fine, it barely charges it fast enough to keep up with battery drain from streaming audio. This is not specifically a Bronco Sport issue, My ‘18 Expedition uses the same charging pad and has the same issues. All known issues, you would think Ford would try a bit harder on this. So the wireless charging is mostly useless.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Mine after day one.

No engine cover
I'm not trying to discount your complaints, but I hope this may help you with some of those issues:

If you go into the settings, there is an option for the adaptive cruise. You can have it ignore excessive speed entirely, or set a MPH over where you get the alert.

The wireless pad doesn't get used if you plug in a phone and you want the phone plugged in to take advantage of apps and Fordpass since it can't do that Bluetooth. I tried to get my phone to work with a wireless adapter and it was fussy and inconvenient so I've started just plugging it in. It does seem like a wasted feature though.

I wish we had Sync4. But I think it was well advertised that it had 3 and would never get 4. I strongly considered holding out for 2022 but it became apparent that supply issues are only getting worse and Ford will move to Google auto before putting Sync4 in a Bronco.

There are actually some tabs in the pillar to hold the belts back so they don't get caught by the seat.

I bet you can add an engine cover. My dad didn't get one on his XLT Ranger and he was pretty bummed too. We ordered it for $68. No one likes to spend more to add stuff Ford cheaped out on, but it's probably possible. I know some people also added the hood insulator pad.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I'm not trying to discount your complaints, but I hope this may help you with some of those issues:

If you go into the settings, there is an option for the adaptive cruise. You can have it ignore excessive speed entirely, or set a MPH over where you get the alert.

The wireless pad doesn't get used if you plug in a phone and you want the phone plugged in to take advantage of apps and Fordpass since it can't do that Bluetooth. I tried to get my phone to work with a wireless adapter and it was fussy and inconvenient so I've started just plugging it in. It does seem like a wasted feature though.

I wish we had Sync4. But I think it was well advertised that it had 3 and would never get 4. I strongly considered holding out for 2022 but it became apparent that supply issues are only getting worse and Ford will move to Google auto before putting Sync4 in a Bronco.

There are actually some tabs in the pillar to hold the belts back so they don't get caught by the seat.

I bet you can add an engine cover. My dad didn't get one on his XLT Ranger and he was pretty bummed too. We ordered it for $68. No one likes to spend more to add stuff Ford cheaped out on, but it's probably possible. I know some people also added the hood insulator pad.
1. Adaptive Cruise control. I have not read that far into the book yet, but thank you for pointing it out. I checked and don't remember what mine was set to, as it registered a "doubled tap". However I see there are 2 options with a sub-option.

I will see if bumping the INTELLIGENT > TOLERANCE from 5 to 11 is more to my liking or if changing the option from INTELLIGENT to ADAPTIVE is better for my driving habits.
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210625_125237

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210625_125244

2. Sad as they only opted for a 5watt simple wireless charger. I think they only started adding it a few years ago and may have had no additional development time. Oh well. you by the namesake package for the moon-roof and/or the sound system anyway on OB.

3. I have accepted that we may not be getting sync4 on 2021. Sad, but this is how it goes.

4. I have seen the tabs you mention and now know what they are for. Thank you. I will try stowing the seat-belts that way now to prevent it happening in the future.

5. I told my dealer I want to discuss the missing engine cover. I also ordered cross rails and they were not installed. So, we shall see. I think I will start a separate topic for that.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
2. Sad as they only opted for a 5watt simple wireless charger. I think they only started adding it a few years ago and may have had no additional development time. Oh well. you by the namesake package for the moon-roof and/or the sound system anyway on OB.

3. I have accepted that we may not be getting sync4 on 2021. Sad, but this is how it goes.
The wireless charging is definitely frustrating. Ford has been using the same wireless charge pad in their vehicles since 2016 — it’s identical to the one in my ‘16 F-350 and our ‘18 Expedition. Seeing how every $10 Qi wireless charge pad from AliExpress can charge any Apple or Android phone just fine, the issues with this $1.50 piece of junk Ford is integrating are totally inexcusable. Ford kinda sucks at integrating tech features though…. They have a long history of not being good at it.

Sync4 won’t happen. I doubt it will happen for 2022…. Ford is transitioning to Android for most of their vehicles beginning in 2023. I think the only reasons the big Bronco gets Sync4 is that it’s one more bullet point for the flagship model and Sync4 makes better use of the 12” screen.

4. I have seen the tabs you mention and now know what they are for. Thank you. I will try stowing the seat-belts that way now to prevent it happening in the future.

5. I told my dealer I want to discuss the missing engine cover. I also ordered cross rails and they were not installed. So, we shall see. I think I will start a separate topic for that.
The tabs for holding the seatbelts is an afterthought or compromise. They work, until your passengers don’t know or don’t remember to help out and use them. They also don’t always work.

So weird to see people reporting no engine covers. But I guess if they’re short on parts they’re not going to let an engine cover hold up deliveries.

No cross bars? Should be a simple fix. Probably sitting at the dealership and they don’t know which car they were supposed to go with. …hopefully.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
3.6K miles now after a beach trip. I was vacuuming sand out and was disappointed to see driver side mat is already breaking down.

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? IMG20210711095139

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? IMG20210711095147

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
My air compressor blew out at 2700 miles :(

I would say that is a pretty big complaint. Really hope this isn't a future recall, or common. No parts available so far (3 weeks since it happened). Looks like I may have to figure something else out for my summer road trips. Hope you are all having better experiences!

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
3.6K miles now after a beach trip. I was vacuuming sand out and was disappointed to see driver side mat is already breaking down.
If I were you I’d order the Weathertech mats since they cover the carpet under the gas pedal. I always have sand in my vehicles so I ordered the OEM mats. Little did I realize that my Badlands + BL comes with rubber floors instead of carpet, but I still like to be able to pull and dump them without vacuuming.

I got Weathertech for my wife’s Explorer and every time I pull them out to dump the sand I think “Damn, that’s some nice carpet”. Her Explorer came with beautiful “Platinum” carpet pads that are sitting in the loft of our barn until she trades it.

Have you seen the Weathertech commercial where the guy goes to trade his car and the dealer is super impressed because the guy has Weathertech. When I traded my Wrangler for my BS I took out the rubber (of course they were Quadratec not Weathertech) mats and replaced the original carpet mats. Looked brand new. Now THAT got some serious oohs and aahs from the sales people :crackup:

ryno8756

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The circle around the the main headlight bulb. All of them have the line across. Outer banks and up have the circle added. Unless you’re in Canada then all of the trims have the circle + line.
Do you know if there is any way around this? I've got a BB without the BB package and my DRL is only the horizontal bars. Is there a way to get into the car's programming and force it to illuminate the circular LEDs as well? It seems silly to me they would just "turn it off" on the lower trims.
Sponsored