MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Two things for me. First, does anyone else have an issue with their ears popping with the window slightly down on the highway or anything over 50mph? My ears pop like crazy and I get a headache even cruising on highway at sea level.
Second, does anyone else hear their car making clicking noise every 10 minutes or so even 20, 30, or 40 minutes after the car has been turned off and locked?
I can hear it in the garage and it sounds like a relay keeps clicking.
Sponsored

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Two things for me. First, does anyone else have an issue with their ears popping with the window slightly down on the highway or anything over 50mph? My ears pop like crazy and I get a headache even cruising on highway at sea level.
Second, does anyone else hear their car making clicking noise every 10 minutes or so even 20, 30, or 40 minutes after the car has been turned off and locked?
I know what you mean about the clicking sounds. I even hesitate to open the doors in the garage because I know the vehicle gets all excited and starts clicking and lighting up. I’m not sure what it thinks it’s doing.

vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My only complaint is the gas tank should be bigger...I have the Badlands and so far I'm getting about 24.2 mpg but only about 385-410 miles on a full tank. 410 miles until empty is the best I've been able to get. Now I do put it in sport mode quite a bit since I have the 2.0L engine. {thats fun} I guess I was hoping for around 450 miles til empty. I also have just started towing my jet skis and it tows fantastic ! Just a quick comment on that for anyone wondering about how the class II tow feature works.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2.0 first edition
You definitely need to get that into the Dealership for review. I need to try and shift mine Into the higher gears as well, just to understand how it works. I will say, my last car did this thing as well, but these tranny’s are built with some intelligence so you don’t shift into 2nd at 80mph and whatnot. It also will not let you upshift into higher gears if your speed and rpm’s are at the right level. You may not be going fast enough. But, I do trust your judgement given your posts thus far, that you do know a bit about your vehicles. I hope it isn’t a problem for you, that’s one dope FE.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
My only complaint is the gas tank should be bigger...I have the Badlands and so far I'm getting about 24.2 mpg but only about 385-410 miles on a full tank. 410 miles until empty is the best I've been able to get. Now I do put it in sport mode quite a bit since I have the 2.0L engine. {thats fun} I guess I was hoping for around 450 miles til empty. I also have just started towing my jet skis and it tows fantastic ! Just a quick comment on that for anyone wondering about how the class II tow feature works.
Initially, my BB was getting 23-24mpg. Now at around 1300 miles I reset my gauge stats and am now averaging 27mpg city/hwy, mostly hwy. Have not gone above 4000rpm so I have been using a relatively light touch, but will bring the rpm's when I go over 1500 to see what it has.

vethawk

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Initially, my BB was getting 23-24mpg. Now at around 1300 miles I reset my gauge stats and am now averaging 27mpg city/hwy, mostly hwy. Have not gone above 4000rpm so I have been using a relatively light touch, but will bring the rpm's when I go over 1500 to see what it has.
I'll have to try resetting mine and see if it gets better. Today I noticed I was at 24.7..so it did go up a little

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think I am overthinking the whole situation,I need to get it out on highway and let it go like someone else I have chatted with on this forum. I was doing about 45/50 and tried to up shift to 7or 8 gear,I don’t think I was going fast enough for that to happen what do you think?
I would say that is most likely the issue. I’ve had mine at 90mph so I need to try and manually shift at the higher speed to know myself.

Vreezy

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ya. I’ve noticed the ear thing you mentioned. I’ve found it happens most when only one window is down and that rolling down another window fixes it. I’ve been meaning to research if the window deflector add-ons fix this.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Minor complaints:

1) The notification messages for 'routine' actions stay on the display for too long. For example, after switching off auto-start you get a message. This means I can't turn off auto-start and then quickly switch GOAT modes because the display is 'occupied.' I can already see auto-start is off based on the button below the touchscreen!

2) The snaps for the rear seat covers (Big Bend and above trims) aren't well-aligned. I don't have a rubber mallet so it's been a **** trying to get the final snap in. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll have them take a look.

3) The glove compartment latch is awkward when opening from the driver's seat -- I feel like I'm going to break it off at any moment. Same goes for the hood-release latch.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Ya. I’ve noticed the ear thing you mentioned. I’ve found it happens most when only one window is down and that rolling down another window fixes it. I’ve been meaning to research if the window deflector add-ons fix this.
This issue is specifically mentioned in the owners manual that came with my BS. The recommended solution is to crack the other window. I thought it was an odd thing to address in the manual but Ford obviously is aware.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Rain guards help tremendously

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
What is all that clicking? There’s relays going off like crazy. I like to take a little cat nap at lunch time and every time someone drives or walks by it wakes me up! It seems to affect the brake pedal, when it’s clicking the pedal is very stiff. Hoping it will get sorted out with an OTA software update.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
What is all that clicking? There’s relays going off like crazy. I like to take a little cat nap at lunch time and every time someone drives or walks by it wakes me up! It seems to affect the brake pedal, when it’s clicking the pedal is very stiff. Hoping it will get sorted out with an OTA software update.
Exactly! What does it think it’s doing?

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got my Outer Banks Christmas Eve. Have about 3,000 miles on it. Love the car, but have a couple of concerns, more than complaints. The two "problems" I have are 1- the power. Pick up is really poor unless you floor it. It's better in Sport mode, for sure, so I tend to use that a lot. 2 - the transmission seems funky sometimes. When coming to a stop, just before stopping, the transmission seems to stutter/hesitate/something hard to explain. It has something to do with the downshifting and stopping at the same time I think. Not a big deal, but sometimes bothersome. Oh yes... the auto off... at least with my BMW I could turn it off completely. I just don't get this whole concept. Savings in gas and money is minuscule and we shouldn't be forced to have this. I get lots of people making comments in parking lots, which is always fun. "Is that the new BRONCO?" I say no, it's the new Volkswagen. :)

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think the seats and headrests suck compared to my Lexus. I just cannot get comfy on a long or short drive.

Non major issues is the amount of dirt and shit that get stuck around the rear 3 windows and the amount of mud we somehow get on the panel behind the front two tires.
Sponsored