First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't think everyone who bought a new car during this period did so due to impatience. My daughter and her husband found out they were having twins early in 2022, and neither had a car that could handle two infant seats. They waited as long as they could for the market to settle down, but eventually they had to pay a premium to get a van.
Yeah some ppl actually NEED a new vehicle for various reasons imagine that? Unlike me who already had nice low mile vehicle I just wanted a cooler ride. And now yes I ride in style and class everybody look at me I got a cool ride!!
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My trade-in was a '19 Edge Titanium. In 2019 the MSRP on it was 46K. When I ordered my 23 OBX in August I was offered 30K. When by OBX came in on January 11 I got 27K. The depreciation on new vehicles is crazy. One of the worst investments ever.

If you're buying in New York State compare the amount of sales tax you pay with a trade-in vs selling your trade outright and going clean deal. It may be significantly higher and offset any additional money realized from selling to someone like Carmax.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The dealers keep the orders that are cacelled then screw everybody by charging at least $10,000 over MSRP.
Well, some do as we know. Some do not as you probably have seen on the other forum. I bought my Badlands Sport from Granger when it was clear it might be a few years before I saw the 2 Door. With the thought of losing my two years of accrued price protection, I decided to switch trims in October from BadSquatch High to a HE. I got pull this week after over 2 years from first placing my order. But I decided I will keep the Badlands Sport as well. It has turned out to be a pretty decent car for my daily driver. The places we like to wheel are not very low clearance friendly. It will be great though for getting to trail heads etc.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Pretty much what I was going to ask. With the lift on mine, when I have been next to full-size Broncos on the road, there is little or no difference in height.
I read that the full size Bronco starts at 8.4 inches of ground clearance vs 8.8 on the badlands. FYI. The SAS was a little to tall for my vertically challenged self.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I read that the full size Bronco starts at 8.4 inches of ground clearance vs 8.8 on the badlands. FYI. The SAS was a little to tall for my vertically challenged self.
Sort of like this . Mine has no lift and the bronco next to mine is on 32 .
Ford Bronco Sport Already lost $8,000 BB1B3E16-FBAF-4306-953C-8EA0371C3D1C

Ford Bronco Sport Already lost $8,000 7289C560-3676-4CE6-BAAC-9CFA82319BE0

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Ford Bronco Sport Already lost $8,000 1674845681363

Hmmmm.... I paid MRSP for my Bandlands, right around 40K.... So for me I feel as though this value is fair for almost a year old. Keep in mind, you can sell your BS private party and make 3-4K more......
I got offered $40,000 for my donkey sport Badlands by carfax. I paid MSRP $42,000. THe MSRP for my exact build now is $45,000.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
We just added a new Lincoln Corsair to the garage. December 29th purchase off the lot. Over $4k under msrp with no strain. Times have changed.

Rubber Ducky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So many people are underwater, they did it to themselves by paying too much. I had to drive almost 3hrs away just to get MSRP on my BS, still didn't like the deal. One of the stories going around is some lady is $35k underwater on a Kia. People need to wake up with their finances. I'm in the industry, seeing a lot of these situations. Banks are seeing a lot of delinquent accounts. Dealers made a quick buck with the markups but now removed those buyers from the market because now they can't get out from under their current car. Consumers are at fault to for playing along. Banks are just as guilty also for buying these loans. Time to be happy with what you have.
How is your '22 Sport?

Reactions: Jrl

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I mean a vehicle isn’t an investment for the most part so what did you expect…..? lol…

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I mean a vehicle isn’t an investment for the most part so what did you expect…..? lol…
This is what it boils down to. In just 2 years so many people I talk too think they are in a equity position on a depreciating asset. I hear and see these stories all day, so I don't mean to come across a certain way. I need to the auto industry to thrive to make a living. But consumers and dealers screwed each other over the last couple of years. This will make the next few years will be interesting.

How is your '22 Sport?
It's great so far. Sinking in value. Putting 2k miles on it this week, just rolled over 10k miles, picked it up new in October of last year.