Cyber Sport

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Wanted to see what the BS OB was worth on trade-in, the most I could get calling around is $30,000. The dealers told me that the BS is a lot easier to get now and the markup is gone, unlike the Bronco where dealers are taking on at least $5,000 or more to the MSRP. Ok, here is why I was checking...The wife says the BS is to low to the ground and wants to be up higher. Not willing to loose $8,000 plus and additonal $5,000 markup for more height going with the Bronco. I know most of you already know this, so just sharing.
Sponsored

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Wanted to see what the BS OB was worth on trade-in, the most I could get calling around is $30,000. The dealers told me that the BS is a lot easier to get now and the markup is gone, unlike the Bronco where dealers are taking on at least $5,000 or more to the MSRP. Ok, here is why I was checking...The wife says the BS is to low to the ground and wants to be up higher. Not willing to loose $8,000 plus and additonal $5,000 markup for more height going with the Bronco. I know most of you already know this, so just sharing.
Ouch! I got close to $35k for my '22 OB w/8k miles towards my full size Bronco sold at MSRP

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I noticed yesterday while checking local dealers for fun that all the ADMs have been removed from Sports. Last week they had $2,500-$5,000 above MSRP on all of them. This week, no mark ups. Big Broncos are still showing $10k markups.

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
What about having a small lift installed John? Might that be an option?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
What about having a small lift installed John? Might that be an option?
Pretty much what I was going to ask. With the lift on mine, when I have been next to full-size Broncos on the road, there is little or no difference in height.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The market has changed pretty significantly over the past few months. It's probably not the advice you want to hear, but I would not trade in your OB for $8k less than you paid. If I wanted to do my Big Bend for Badlands swap in this market instead of back in October, I wouldn't be able to afford the loss.

If you're serious about the big Bronco, try and sell your OB privately and get as close as you can to MSRP. If you do find a full size on a dealership lot, expect an ADM, which will be another loss for you. I just don't predict it being very financially feasible these days.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
So many people are underwater, they did it to themselves by paying too much. I had to drive almost 3hrs away just to get MSRP on my BS, still didn't like the deal. One of the stories going around is some lady is $35k underwater on a Kia. People need to wake up with their finances. I'm in the industry, seeing a lot of these situations. Banks are seeing a lot of delinquent accounts. Dealers made a quick buck with the markups but now removed those buyers from the market because now they can't get out from under their current car. Consumers are at fault to for playing along. Banks are just as guilty also for buying these loans. Time to be happy with what you have.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Consumers are at fault to for playing along.
I don't think everyone who bought a new car during this period did so due to impatience. My daughter and her husband found out they were having twins early in 2022, and neither had a car that could handle two infant seats. They waited as long as they could for the market to settle down, but eventually they had to pay a premium to get a van.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Already lost $8,000 1674845681363

Hmmmm.... I paid MRSP for my Bandlands, right around 40K.... So for me I feel as though this value is fair for almost a year old. Keep in mind, you can sell your BS private party and make 3-4K more......

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It will be interesting to see what happens going forwards. The days of getting more than you paid for a vehicle are gone I think. There are many people looking to flip their full size Bronco's as they had an order in but didn't want to wait so they bought one for more than MSRP off the lot. I think after paying taxes etc, it will be tough to break even.

Personally, if they were not planning on keeping the second one, they should have cancelled their order to relive the pressure on the order banks but most did not thinking they could make some extra coin.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
If you really want to go 4 wheeling get rid of the soccer moms mall crawler and go big. I'm hanging on to my BS Badlands until my full size Bronco Badlands gets built. If ever! Ford is screwing people out of their orders in order to build their more sought after upper models. They plan on cancelling everyone's order if not built by end of 2023! What a joke ford has become.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
It will be interesting to see what happens going forwards. The days of getting more than you paid for a vehicle are gone I think. There are many people looking to flip their full size Bronco's as they had an order in but didn't want to wait so they bought one for more than MSRP off the lot. I think after paying taxes etc, it will be tough to break even.

Personally, if they were not planning on keeping the second one, they should have cancelled their order to relive the pressure on the order banks but most did not thinking they could make some extra coin.
The dealers keep the orders that are cacelled then screw everybody by charging at least $10,000 over MSRP.

MyKindOfBS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I take forever to decide on a new vehicle, but from the time that I was looking to the time I fell in love and found the exact Bronco Sport I wanted, the trade in value on my BMW fell by $5000. This was over the course of only 4 months. Honestly I'd look at a lift kit and maybe some running boards. I'm actually very excited to be lifting mine with some larger tires. And there is a crazy price difference on the full size Broncos right now to get the same QOL features as the Sport.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My neighbor just bought new '22 Badlands incoming dealer ordered unit paid MSRP but had to drive hour away to get it. All the Badlands sports close by have 2-5k markups and one new '22 Badlands sport I know of been on the lot around 4 months not moving.

My neighbor sold his '21 Base Sport with 19k miles to a dealer for 24k. They put it on the lot for 28k. Perfect shape no scratches chips never had a problem with it.

The big Bronco red 2 dr Sasquatch 2.7 Badlands dealer listed 7k markup sold after 2 weeks prob got full asking price but those are near imposible to find.

But yeah the tide is turning Ford lots around me have rows of new vehicles on the lots now. Not pre covid inventory but they got inventory now and buying has slowed too....
Sponsored