Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Not me either but I got mine at Granger for 6% under invoice, original price protection plus the 1k Ford rebate. 32K something for a Badlands. Even the state of Wisconsin didn’t believe it.
Me neither. Canadian dealers weren’t playing those games.
Sponsored

canfig

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wanted to see what the BS OB was worth on trade-in, the most I could get calling around is $30,000. The dealers told me that the BS is a lot easier to get now and the markup is gone, unlike the Bronco where dealers are taking on at least $5,000 or more to the MSRP. Ok, here is why I was checking...The wife says the BS is to low to the ground and wants to be up higher. Not willing to loose $8,000 plus and additonal $5,000 markup for more height going with the Bronco. I know most of you already know this, so just sharing.
Maybe you can sell it yourself or try CARMAX. They usually pay more than the dealers.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Carmax lowballs offers. The price on all used vehicles has dropped.
Carmax online quote showed 14k offer for my old 2014 CRV. But when I took it over to them they offered 18k and I sold it to them that day. Granted it had 72k miles which in Honda land is ultra low, garaged since new, not one scratch or chip, every factory option.. And sold at peak of car shortage.

Last edited:

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
Carmax online quote showed 14k offer for my old 2014 CRV. But when I took it over to them they offered 18k and I sold it to them that day. Granted it had 72k miles which in Honda land is ultra low, garaged since new, not one scratch or chip, every factory option.. And sold at peak of car shortage.
You took care of the car. The car was probably sold the next day for $22k. Also you sold at the peak of the pandemic-supply chain, no inventory on the car lots. Those days are long gone so carmax isn’t handing out blank checks.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
You took care of the car. The car was probably sold the next day for $22k. Also you sold at the peak of the pandemic-supply chain, no inventory on the car lots. Those days are long gone so carmax isn’t handing out blank checks.
Yeah peak of car shortage and it was like new condition. So timing. The market has changed a lot since then.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
100%. I had bought a new 2022 Bronco sport to replace my 2022 badlands with 11k miles. In the course of 2-3 weeks the car lost about $6k in wholesale value. I went from making $500 and a brand new BS Badlands to loosing 3-5k less than my x-plan pricing. The swap never happened.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You can say bad things about Carmax as you wish but I strongly advise checking with them before trading in or selling any vehicle. I have sold cars to them pre-pandemic, during and after. They often have the best price and sometimes by far. Other times, it is the opposite. The main difference is they are national and my dealerships are local. That is, some vehicles are prized here but not so much nationally and others are vice-versa. But, and this is important, always factor in taxes you may lose out on if you trade to the place you are buying the vehicle.

tl;dr I’d highly recommend always check with Carmax when selling a vehicle

chapman919

Big Bend
First Name
Noelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ouch! I got close to $35k for my '22 OB w/8k miles towards my full size Bronco sold at MSRP
I am new here. Iare you looking to keep it or bigger tires? Im looking for my options on my 2022 Big Bend.

DCNEHRING

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My 21 BS BB stickered at $28,500 (January 04, 2021) I saw a "$500 dealer markup" on a separate window decal. I asked my "sales-person" (24 years old). "what's that?" -- he said "oh that's on all the Bronco Sports"-- I quipped "well its not on this one" haha. I said "let's do this.. @ 28-5". (they had 4 to choose from, 2 white, 2 black, my Cactus)-- I had to go back to the principals office.. and I agreed to pay the sales tax with a check (which I've never done).. I got it. 21,000 miles, 34mpg. Its a nice rig-- I'm happy with what I have. DCN

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My 21 BS BB stickered at $28,500 (January 04, 2021) I saw a "$500 dealer markup" on a separate window decal. I asked my "sales-person" (24 years old). "what's that?" -- he said "oh that's on all the Bronco Sports"-- I quipped "well its not on this one" haha. I said "let's do this.. @ 28-5". (they had 4 to choose from, 2 white, 2 black, my Cactus)-- I had to go back to the principals office.. and I agreed to pay the sales tax with a check (which I've never done).. I got it. 21,000 miles, 34mpg. Its a nice rig-- I'm happy with what I have. DCN
Yeah now Big Bends on the lots are in the 33k range. Those lower 2021 prices are history now...

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I feel op’s point. I miss being up high. The BS even lifted with bigger tires still sits lower than any stock jeep, taco, I’ve owned. Hell, the seating position/height is about same as the Acura RDX I traded towards it. Feels more like a car than an SUV. Is actually bigger than my 2 door JK, but feels way smaller. I also would look at Jeeps over the big bronco. Get more vehicle for less money, plus better shops, service, and part availability. Have had/built three wranglers and the BL is the only one that lives in the shop.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I feel op’s point. I miss being up high. The BS even lifted with bigger tires still sits lower than any stock jeep, taco, I’ve owned. Hell, the seating position/height is about same as the Acura RDX I traded towards it. Feels more like a car than an SUV. Is actually bigger than my 2 door JK, but feels way smaller. I also would look at Jeeps over the big bronco. Get more vehicle for less money, plus better shops, service, and part availability. Have had/built three wranglers and the BL is the only one that lives in the shop.
I felt the same way. Did a 1.75" lift and put 31" KO2 tires on it, and solved the low vantage point and car-like feel. Now it's a good height, and very truck-like. I'm pretty satisfied, now.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’ve done that. Is still low feeling
Sponsored