Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation.

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
In February, I had Local Ford dealer install Air Designs Fender flares I ordered through Ford Accessories and had delivered to dealership. First they lost my order. Then they were installed out of alignment. I requested them to be reinstalled. Was told I would have to open claim with Ford Accessories since I ordered them there and they felt they were defective. Ford accessories told me I had to open claim with manufacturer. Manufacturer said they were installed incorrectly and I needed to contact dealership. I went around and around with dealership.
In April, they finally agreed to reinstall one fender flare. The worst one. We agreed on which flare was to be moved. They moved a different one. To say the least I was not happy. I took my Bronco to 2 different local body shops. They both said all rear flares are installed incorrectly. That I needed new flares, that removing the originals will damage them. I have requested a refund or a new set of flares that I can have installed elsewhere. The General manager will not return my calls or emails. I have filed complaint with Ford customer care with no resolution. I filed a formal complaint with Ford. No response.
I hopeful Ford will respond to me here in this Forum.

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_5642

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_5641
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
After they moved wrong flare.

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_5589

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. 70190812675__EFFB5191-0F5D-4D2A-ACA0-C6B25425DB07

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Do you know if these are installed with clips or adhesive?

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Clips, 3M tape and urethane adhesive….

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Between the bad flares and hacked out hitch installs shown here, I would never get a Ford dealer to do any of my installs. Some of these techs really need to grow some balls and walk the kit back up to the counter and tell the boss "sorry, this is too hard for me".
I really hope @Ford Motor Company follows up and takes care of you. That is not an inexpensive accessory to purchase.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
For reasons such as this latest flare botch up, I have decided not to install fender flares, unless the better aftermarket companies offer up, such as Bushwhacker.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Between the bad flares and hacked out hitch installs shown here, I would never get a Ford dealer to do any of my installs. Some of these techs really need to grow some balls and walk the kit back up to the counter and tell the boss "sorry, this is too hard for me".
I really hope @Ford Motor Company follows up and takes care of you. That is not an inexpensive accessory to purchase.
Our son in law is our tech at the dealer where we bought our BS. He does great work. He installed our flares, hood protector, cross bars and rear bumper protector. The installs were perfect......but he also better do perfect work, or else. :crackup:

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In February, I had Local Ford dealer install Air Designs Fender flares I ordered through Ford Accessories and had delivered to dealership. First they lost my order. Then they were installed out of alignment. I requested them to be reinstalled. Was told I would have to open claim with Ford Accessories since I ordered them there and they felt they were defective. Ford accessories told me I had to open claim with manufacturer. Manufacturer said they were installed incorrectly and I needed to contact dealership. I went around and around with dealership.
In April, they finally agreed to reinstall one fender flare. The worst one. We agreed on which flare was to be moved. They moved a different one. To say the least I was not happy. I took my Bronco to 2 different local body shops. They both said all rear flares are installed incorrectly. That I needed new flares, that removing the originals will damage them. I have requested a refund or a new set of flares that I can have installed elsewhere. The General manager will not return my calls or emails. I have filed complaint with Ford customer care with no resolution. I filed a formal complaint with Ford. No response.
I hopeful Ford will respond to me here in this Forum.

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_5642

Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_5641
This really sucks.
I have the same fender flares and I love mine. I hope that you can get some help from Ford after your post 🤞🏼
Ford Bronco Sport Air Designs Fender Flares - poor Ford installation. IMG_4417

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our son in law is our tech at the dealer where we bought our BS. He does great work. He installed our flares, hood protector, cross bars and rear bumper protector. The installs were perfect......but he also better do perfect work, or else. :crackup:
It would be an expensive "or else" if you have to take you're daughter back!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In looking at the OP's pictures, it seems the installer trimmed (perhaps) the gap too much to allow for the rear door(s) to open without binding against each other (fender pieces).

Or

Did the installer not align the front to rear flare of the rear flare correctly?

OP
OP

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
In looking at the OP's pictures, it seems the installer trimmed (perhaps) the gap too much to allow for the rear door(s) to open without binding against each other (fender pieces).

Or

Did the installer not align the front to rear flare of the rear flare correctly?
The first 2 pics are the original install. Large gap on back flare at door edge.
Dealer was suppose to realign that rear most flare to closer to door edge. Instead he moved front flare (one on rear door) and overlapped door edge to make the gap look smaller (2nd pics). @Ford Motor Company

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first 2 pics are the original install. Large gap on back flare at door edge.
Dealer was suppose to realign that rear most flare to closer to door edge. Instead he moved front flare (one on rear door) and overlapped door edge to make the gap look smaller (2nd pics). @Ford Motor Company
So they won't move the one on the door forward, then move the rear most forward? Seems like a no brainer, but perhaps there is a reason the Ford person does not do it this way?

OP
OP

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
So they won't move the one on the door forward, then move the rear most forward? Seems like a no brainer, but perhaps there is a reason the Ford person does not do it this way?
The dealership staff will not discuss this issue with me. They refer me to General Manager and he will not respond to me. I have emailed 4 times and called 6 and left messages. I did get him once when I was transferred by Parts Manager. GM told me he could not speak to me at that time and he would call me back in 30 minutes. Never heard from him.
I have not made a physical appearance to speak to GM. I'm assuming he will refuse to see me. This has been ongoing since February. Not sure what to do at this point.........

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
The dealership staff will not discuss this issue with me. They refer me to General Manager and he will not respond to me. I have emailed 4 times and called 6 and left messages. I did get him once when I was transferred by Parts Manager. GM told me he could not speak to me at that time and he would call me back in 30 minutes. Never heard from him.
I have not made a physical appearance to speak to GM. I'm assuming he will refuse to see me. This has been ongoing since February. Not sure what to do at this point.........
Go to another dealer.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask for the regional service managers phone number. If your local Ford dealership will not provide it, contact the next nearest Ford dealership. Then politely explain to he/she that you are getting no where in getting this issue resolved.

Have you sent a "start conversation" with the Ford Motor Company rep that frequents this site? Find where they have offered help to another person on this site. Then click on their avatar, and explain your issue.

I'll locate a thread for you and give you their post number so you can go there and work with them.

Go to this tread:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-sport-big-bend-crank-no-start.9237/#post-161649

scroll down to post#3, then hover over their avatar and select "start conversation".
Sponsored