DTownsend1621

Big Bend
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Sport was outside running, I ran inside to grab something, came out and it was dead. Tried to restart but it would just crank and crank. Towed to a local dealer, called the Ford Helpline, they got it towed for me which was nice. They said the fuel pump wiring broke, so I ended up with a 1000 bill. They said it wasn’t covered under warranty.
Sponsored

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Why wasn't it covered under warranty? I see a lot of rodent damage to wiring and that isn't warrantable,nor is wiring damage caused by impacts, snagging on debris etc. Were you told why it wasn't covered?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My Sport was outside running, I ran inside to grab something, came out and it was dead. Tried to restart but it would just crank and crank. Towed to a local dealer, called the Ford Helpline, they got it towed for me which was nice. They said the fuel pump wiring broke, so I ended up with a 1000 bill. They said it wasn’t covered under warranty.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Why wasn't it covered?

OP
OP

DTownsend1621

Big Bend
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
They said the wiring wasn’t covered because it wasn’t power train and because it was broke in half line it was chewed on.

OP
OP

DTownsend1621

Big Bend
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello. My VIN is: 3FMCR9B67MRA74428. The dealer I used was Crain Ford, in Warren IN. They said because the wires might have been chewed on that they couldn’t cover it.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are you within the 36/36 factory warranty?

OP
OP

DTownsend1621

Big Bend
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I would’ve thought so, but I guess not. Pretty bummed about it. Either that or they just wanted the customer pay money instead of filing for warranty.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I would’ve thought so, but I guess not. Pretty bummed about it. Either that or they just wanted the customer pay money instead of filing for warranty.
You need to contact Ford customer service. Wiring is 100% covered if ur in warranty period and it’s not damage from road debris. You probably could file insurance claim too if ur deductible is less.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
From what you've said your vehicle is past 36k so you just have warranty on the power train. If a rodent chewed the wiring, that is not a factory defect and wouldn't have been warrantied anyway. Still, $1000 to replace a wire to the fuel pump?

If a rodent chewed the wiring, you also have that problem to deal with or it will likely happen again. I had a pack rat chew up the wiring harness on a John Deer garden tractor. I found his nest and rather than trap, I retrieved a .22 pistol from the house and gave him a long dirt nap. Most people probably can't legally shoot a pest, so trapping is best course of action. I had a co-worker that had a squirrel chew her wiring under the hood. Her car wouldn't start and when I raised the hood, it was still under there. Hope things work out for something less than $1000. That's a lot of money for a wire.

OP
OP

DTownsend1621

Big Bend
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. Hopefully I get the rodent issue resolved so it’s not a problem moving forward.