Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
OR....simply order it when you order the vehicle and save a bunch of $ compared to most alternatives.
That works for people that place orders, but not everyone does that, a lot of people buy right off the lot and can't pick every option. There's also a price to be paid for the cheaper, ordered option in overall space and function and quality.
I passed on buying an OB without the storage because I was convinced I wanted it. Then I found one with it and got a close look in the back and saw how funky the panels are with those giant flanges, the space under is only about 10 inches, and the table is only rated at 30lbs. Plus a lot of pictures being posted show the shelf system is terribly rough on the interior and scuffs it up. Not everyone cares about that, but some might. Then I knew I didn't want the factory option.
You get what you pay for. $110 is a great price, but I think a person can do better with aftermarket stuff and not break the bank. $900, heck say you save 50% and spend $450... $450 is crazy to spend for that stock accessory. It's worth the $110. $450 would get me a table, cover, organizer and a pop up and grill too.
Sponsored

crockermt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered my Badlands in August and decided to forgo the table in hopes of getting the vehicle sooner. Picked it up yesterday and there's no way I'm pay $1K for the system now.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Hopefully the aftermarket well come up with a cargo cover.
That's all I wanted, something to hide what's back there without looking like I was trying to hide something.

The other advantage of the the CMS is when reaching in the window. The shelf will make it easier to get things than reaching all the way to the floor.

My short wife will like that a lot.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I’m so annoyed because my dealer said multiple times that I could order if after the fact and said it might delay my order to get it. Dealers knew nothing from Ford about these options. Wish they’d make good for us.

jmannin3

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
For those that are considering adding the cargo management system that had not ordered it from the factory, here are the part numbers and prices. (These prices are for the quarter panels that include the rear 110 power converter and for vehicles with the upgraded 10 speaker system)

LH Quarter Trim part# 7831013 $487.97
RH Quarter Trim part# 7831012 $481.52

For reference, adding it when ordering is a $110 option.

After ordering, the cost to add later multiples by 10 (minus labor).

In order to add the CMS later on, you will need to order the LH (part# 7831013) and RH (part# 7831012) panels, as well as the actual cargo management system itself.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Cargo Management System - Here's Part Numbers and Cost to Retrofit 0461364C-DD4E-467A-BF14-A405F5C6C13D

Ford Bronco Sport Adding Cargo Management System - Here's Part Numbers and Cost to Retrofit 4E040891-8F7C-4330-AA39-A7731896D91D
I just looked up the three parts needed. The LH and RH rear interior trunk panels and the actual cargo management table. Pricing is eye catching to say the least.

RH - M1PZ-7831012-BA - 498.95 MSPR
LH - M1PZ-7831013-BA - 487.97 MSRP
Cargo Table - M1PZ-7813046-GA - 1,042.47 MSRP

Granted one probably could get the parts for much less than MSRP but definitely should be something ordered with the vehicle as it's very cost prohibitive after the fact.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
RH - M1PZ-7831012-BA - 498.95 MSPR
LH - M1PZ-7831013-BA - 487.97 MSRP
Cargo Table - M1PZ-7813046-GA - 1,042.47 MSRP
So if we break the table gotta pay Ford $1,000 for that part? But its a $110 factory option? Got it....

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Plastic trim never comes down in parts cost either with ford. That probably means the salvage market will be a premium.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
That works for people that place orders, but not everyone does that, a lot of people buy right off the lot and can't pick every option. There's also a price to be paid for the cheaper, ordered option in overall space and function and quality.
I passed on buying an OB without the storage because I was convinced I wanted it. Then I found one with it and got a close look in the back and saw how funky the panels are with those giant flanges, the space under is only about 10 inches, and the table is only rated at 30lbs. Plus a lot of pictures being posted show the shelf system is terribly rough on the interior and scuffs it up. Not everyone cares about that, but some might. Then I knew I didn't want the factory option.
You get what you pay for. $110 is a great price, but I think a person can do better with aftermarket stuff and not break the bank. $900, heck say you save 50% and spend $450... $450 is crazy to spend for that stock accessory. It's worth the $110. $450 would get me a table, cover, organizer and a pop up and grill too.
If you find any aftermarket part that has that many configurations then please let us know. Good Luck.

Reachn4dreams

Outer Banks
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Area 51
Seriously? OMG. This is a thing gone wrong Ford. Come up with a better way to install this as an accessory for those of us who already have our Bronco Sports.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Shoot, I should've paid closer attention. I thought this was just something simple like a dealer installed option.

• Sad
Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Shoot, I should've paid closer attention. I thought this was just something simple like a dealer installed option.
Any option to add it now to your order? Or are you past the point of no return & locked in? It’s too bad this isn’t just a standard thing, because of the sidewall changes, it’s cost prohibitive to add after the fact. Thankfully too though people on here have great alternatives & suggestions of what to use in place of it.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Any option to add it now to your order? Or are you past the point of no return & locked in? It’s too bad this isn’t just a standard thing, because of the sidewall changes, it’s cost prohibitive to add after the fact. Thankfully too though people on here have great alternatives & suggestions of what to use in place of it.
I sent my dealership an email asking for the addition, but im going to visit them after i get out of work. They were able to change my paint color yesterday, but the confirmation voicemail my salesman left me suggested that i likely couldn't change anything else going forward. We will see.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Went to the dealer after work. No luck. Evidently my paint change was nick of time as it was. According to my salesman, the window has closed. Is he being truthful, or is he sick of me calling him lol? Who knows. It's not that big of a deal though.

Reactions: MJE

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
Went to the dealer after work. No luck. Evidently my paint change was nick of time as it was. According to my salesman, the window has closed. Is he being truthful, or is he sick of me calling him lol? Who knows. It's not that big of a deal though.
I got a do-over when my 2021 Badlands was destroyed, so when I ordered a 2022 to replace it, I added the CMS. While I'm not sorry I got it, I could easily live without it. It's nice to have a space where I can hide things, underneath the shelf, but that space is pretty limited, so I'm having trouble figuring out a way to organize things like shopping bags, etc. since most cargo organizers won't fit under there nor will they fit with the shelf just flipped back -- I have to put away the shelf entirely to use a crate or organizer. I'll figure it out eventually, but at some point, there will probably be some sort of privacy cover available aftermarket and that would probably have been ideal for me.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The CMS does have it's limitations. CMS plus a cargo cover would be great.

Experiment with it and I'll think you'll find better ways to use it.

I keep it half flipped open most of the time. That makes it easy to drop things in by just opening the glass.

When I buy a cart full of groceries I use the table as a second tier with clips holding the bag. I've also added some hooks that attach to the head rests.

A couple of times I've used the folded table as a divider in the provided slots to keep things from sliding around.

I really like it.
Sponsored