Actual Height of Badlands

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The listed height of a Badlands (from the Ford website) is 71.4". Does anyone know if this is to the roof or to the top of the rails? Anyway, the garage where I work has a maximum height of 74" (there are some low pipes and beams). I have put on Thule Wingbar Evos over Rapid Crossbar feet and was afraid that I might be close to or exceed the limit. So I taped a yardstick to a crossbar, and dropped a tape measure to the ground. I did this twice and it read about 71 5/8". Is this possible? The feet and bars are a few inches by themselves. Is it possible that the height is actually something like 2 inches lower than the written specs?
Sponsored

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
The listed height of a Badlands (from the Ford website) is 71.4". Does anyone know if this is to the roof or to the top of the rails? Anyway, the garage where I work has a maximum height of 74" (there are some low pipes and beams). I have put on Thule Wingbar Evos over Rapid Crossbar feet and was afraid that I might be close to or exceed the limit. So I taped a yardstick to a crossbar, and dropped a tape measure to the ground. I did this twice and it read about 71 5/8". Is this possible? The feet and bars are a few inches by themselves. Is it possible that the height is actually something like 2 inches lower than the written specs?
I'm so confused... I don't have my badlands yet.. but I have been wondering if I'll be able to drive in the garage with the kayak on top... I'm also getting the badlands and same crossbars and feet.. does tire choice affect this?

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you confirm front and back the same

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Did you confirm front and back the same
You need to measure the center of the cross bars installed , mine at center is 74.5 but that is with the ford factory cross bars . You should be ok with the ones that you bought . I am sorry this was for Gary s , my mistake.

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands D26E2EB1-77CE-4D1D-9BE4-A0ADBBF29F7C

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 146C5217-2D9B-4E10-8C02-5EA743B633BB

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 88DAA484-57AB-48B5-AEA5-6B2AB75CF7F8

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to measure the center of the cross bars installed , mine at center is 74.5 but that is with the ford factory cross bars . You should be ok with the ones that you bought . I am sorry this was for Gary s , my mistake.

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands D26E2EB1-77CE-4D1D-9BE4-A0ADBBF29F7C

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 146C5217-2D9B-4E10-8C02-5EA743B633BB

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 88DAA484-57AB-48B5-AEA5-6B2AB75CF7F8
If they are installed with the front on the front and back on the back that would be correct and at level, because the cross bars are specific made , to go on that way

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they are installed with the front on the front and back on the back that would be correct and at level, because the cross bars are specific made , to go on that way
I don't think the Thule have front and back

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I love the "Bronco" script. Is this a First Edition thing or did you put it on?

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is a dumb question... Did you add the width of the tape measure? But that might be the missing few inches .. I'm still hoping your is right .

OP
OP

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm so confused... I don't have my badlands yet.. but I have been wondering if I'll be able to drive in the garage with the kayak on top... I'm also getting the badlands and same crossbars and feet.. does tire choice affect this?
I'm confused too! I measured from the driveway surface to the top of the bars twice and got the same measurement. By everything I've read it should have been higher. I guess I'll find out next time I drive to work as to whether I hit the ducts. As to your Q about tires, standard on a Badlands are 225/65R17s, which translate to 28.5" diameter.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused too! I measured from the driveway surface to the top of the bars twice and got the same measurement. By everything I've read it should have been higher. I guess I'll find out next time I drive to work as to whether I hit the ducts. As to your Q about tires, standard on a Badlands are 225/65R17s, which translate to 28.5" diameter.
Well it could be that there is a slight round to the bars to support load.. and the yardstick you attached is sloping downwards ... I guess you could put a level on the yardstick.. or see if there is a curve to the bar.. I'm guessing as someone said . You need to measure from the middle... Do you have a longer flat stick . Maybe a 2x4.. that would let you see if there is a curve.. you could measure booths sides to the ground... Or maybe your tires are flat...

OP
OP

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I know this is a dumb question... Did you add the width of the tape measure? But that might be the missing few inches .. I'm still hoping your is right .
I taped a yardstick to the top of one of the crossbars, secured the hooked end of the tape measure down with a brick and unravelled the tape measure up and read the measurement to the bottom of the yardstick. So the width of the tape measure did not come into play.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the "Bronco" script. Is this a First Edition thing or did you put it on?
I bought from a dealer in Houston Tx , back in sept or October of 2021 , then FMC told him that was a trademark violation and stopped him from selling the bronco script , it was a exact copy of the script from the 1966/ 1972 . They are available at some other stores . I get lots of comments on that . Also I installed the ez flares , it gives a little aggressive look .Have a blast making yours special . Good luck . Oh by the way there is a lift on the badlands and first edition, my tires are 29.5 plus a 1.33 Lift and a few other suspension items .

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 0A89E26C-E97A-4833-961A-66BE13C04EC5

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 959B78D2-BCFE-4EDA-A430-3F679C5EF206

Ford Bronco Sport Actual Height of Badlands 4856E0D6-4417-40D9-9002-E9F8DC7AE8EB
Sponsored

Last edited: