Accessory Return Impossible

pressure23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
highlander
I know this is going to sound very babyish, but it is what it is. I bought an aeroskin with points from Ford accessories about 4 months ago for my son's Bronco Sport. He didn't want it. That's another story. Never even took it out of the box. Went to return it at local ford dealer down the streets. It's one of biggest Ford dealers in NJ by the way, not a small one. They had no clue what to do. It was foreign to them. I called Ford Accessories. I finally got them to process a return, but still can't get my points back. I just don't get it. I did all as they asked. It's about the principle. I"m going to file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as points are a monetary instrument. But bottom-line this is my first and last Ford. I did the Broncos and was going to get a full sized one, but I can only imagine if I had a real problem what the frustration level would be. I"v been spoiled with Toyota who is on top of everything. I know this sounds a little soft but who wants to deal with a company that doesn't know how to do basic things. Bye bye Ford. Love the BS, but when a real problem comes I have no confidence.
Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
You think you will get any better treatment from another big car company?

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
As an aside, I think your son is going to regret not installing the Aeroskin.

The one on our BL has already paid huge dividends. And when it cracked AVS replaced it at no cost.

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I know this is going to sound very babyish, but it is what it is. I bought an aeroskin with points from Ford accessories about 4 months ago for my son's Bronco Sport. He didn't want it. That's another story. Never even took it out of the box. Went to return it at local ford dealer down the streets. It's one of biggest Ford dealers in NJ by the way, not a small one. They had no clue what to do. It was foreign to them. I called Ford Accessories. I finally got them to process a return, but still can't get my points back. I just don't get it. I did all as they asked. It's about the principle. I"m going to file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as points are a monetary instrument. But bottom-line this is my first and last Ford. I did the Broncos and was going to get a full sized one, but I can only imagine if I had a real problem what the frustration level would be. I"v been spoiled with Toyota who is on top of everything. I know this sounds a little soft but who wants to deal with a company that doesn't know how to do basic things. Bye bye Ford. Love the BS, but when a real problem comes I have no confidence.
I work in Ford parts at a dealership….a large one at that….ford accessories orders are a pain in the ass….my opinion? Don’t buy it online. Buy it in person, from an actual salesperson. That way, if there IS an issue, you have an actual human you can deal with. It should be better and easier online, but it just isn’t.

as far as points, every store handles it differently. Most I’ll open a service invoice and you pay with the cashier, and that’s how you use your points. Some dealers have points set up as a payment type in the parts department, we don’t, I wish we did.

I too wish online orders and points were easier. Most customers who see some kind of online discount, I will attempt to match that, or at least get close, for the sake of keeping face to face commerce going, it usually works.

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
as far as points, every store handles it differently. Most I’ll open a service invoice and you pay with the cashier, and that’s how you use your points.
Exactly how my local dealership does it. Have had zero issues so far doing it this way.

Fully concur, re: buying/using points face-to-face. Also helps to establish a good relationship with the parts folks.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of the problems I had with accessories. I bought the side door protectors from my local dealer and had them install them. On a road trip out west I noticed they showed signs of slipping and the door would hit the edge when opening the rear doors. Ford dealer out west would not warranty the installation completed at another ford dealer. Seems to me that if it was installed at a dealer any dealer would warranty it.

EARLSAYS

Badlands
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
One of the problems I had with accessories. I bought the side door protectors from my local dealer and had them install them. On a road trip out west I noticed they showed signs of slipping and the door would hit the edge when opening the rear doors. Ford dealer out west would not warranty the installation completed at another ford dealer. Seems to me that if it was installed at a dealer any dealer would warranty it.
that’s just bad / lazy service - they should have covered it

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The original post isnt quite clear on where the Ford accessory item was purchased.

If you purchased the item from Ford accessories online, thats where they want the item returned too.
Unfortunately it would be at your own expense so I can understand why you would try taking your return to a local Ford dealer. On the other hand, the dealer doesnt necessarily want the item you are returning if you didnt purchase from them.

"All returns and exchanges must be returned to Ford (for orders shipped directly to you) or the dealer (for orders picked up from the dealer) solely at your expense, except in the case of Ford or dealer error. Returned items must be in the original box, in new, non-installed, resalable condition, with all instructions and hardware, and in the condition it was received. If all of these conditions are not met, it is at discretion of Ford or the dealer (where applicable) to accept the return. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Refunds will be credited to the same card or, in our discretion, other payment method."

In this situation it seems both you and Ford are part of the problem.

OP
OP

pressure23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
highlander
The original post isnt quite clear on where the Ford accessory item was purchased.

If you purchased the item from Ford accessories online, thats where they want the item returned too.
Unfortunately it would be at your own expense so I can understand why you would try taking your return to a local Ford dealer. On the other hand, the dealer doesnt necessarily want the item you are returning if you didnt purchase from them.

"All returns and exchanges must be returned to Ford (for orders shipped directly to you) or the dealer (for orders picked up from the dealer) solely at your expense, except in the case of Ford or dealer error. Returned items must be in the original box, in new, non-installed, resalable condition, with all instructions and hardware, and in the condition it was received. If all of these conditions are not met, it is at discretion of Ford or the dealer (where applicable) to accept the return. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Refunds will be credited to the same card or, in our discretion, other payment method."

In this situation it seems both you and Ford are part of the problem.
Well I picked it up at the dealer and I returned to the dealer all in the original packaging. How is that a problem? If there's a fee to ship it from dealer to wherever, even though i picked up at the dealer, speak up and say so. No one knew anything. Maybe it's the mega size of the delaler...maybe a smaller Ford dealer would have had more of a clue. Who knows. At this point I am assuming I won't get my points back and is what it is, but very weak. In most businesses this would be totally unacceptable.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well I picked it up at the dealer and I returned to the dealer all in the original packaging. How is that a problem? If there's a fee to ship it from dealer to wherever, even though i picked up at the dealer, speak up and say so. No one knew anything. Maybe it's the mega size of the delaler...maybe a smaller Ford dealer would have had more of a clue. Who knows. At this point I am assuming I won't get my points back and is what it is, but very weak. In most businesses this would be totally unacceptable.
Thats why I prefaced my post with "The original post isnt quite clear on where the Ford accessory item was purchased"

Now the situation makes more sense.
I agree, you returned the item from where you picked it up, you should get your points back.

Last edited:

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Just call Ford customer service or ask to speak to a manager in the parts department. This seems like something with a little patience that could easily be settled. Also, why would you return it with no return of your points? You could just sell it online or here on this forum.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I bought the molle bags with points and decided to return them. The lady said I wouldn't get my points or money back but that I would have $59 in credit at their dealership. I still need to collect on that. It's been a few months and I don't want them to forget. I just can't decide what I want to get.