NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
My Badlands with the poverty package doesn't have an auto dim mirror or HomeLink. I have 3 overheads that I deal with on a regular basis, so I really didn't want to have to carry around 3 transmitters.

Not the cheapest solution, but definitely the easiest (one screw). The RAV4 HomeLink mirror accessory upgrade is actually battery powered. Toyota Part PT374-00210. It's constantly powered, but that wasn't a big deal for me. To be honest, you wouldn't even the know the buttons are there if you didn't know to look for them.

The battery isn't replaceable, but whatever, it'll probably last 10 years or more.

It's a frameless design and is a slightly different shape (a little thicker). To be honest, I love the field of view change over the stock mirror. It was a pleasant side effect.

Ford Bronco Sport "Easy" HomeLink Upgrade --  RAV4 HomeLink mirror accessory PXL_20220907_182518975
Sponsored

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That sounds like a great solution - I had been looking into various options since I took possession of my FE in December 2020. In the end, I was able to find a 2022 Bronco Sport visor with built in homelink on eBay for $125 delivered. Also a one screw installation, it connected to the current plug for the lighted mirror with no issues and works great. The dealer wanted over $400 for the visor but if you are patient I’m sure more will become available on eBay and other used part sites.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Agree, but I am nearly positive those cheap Kia parts are long, loooong gone now.

Rear view mirrors is a weird industry. One single company, Gentex, makes nearly every mirror in every auto brand. Prices are all over the place. But they're all functionally the same thing. Wild! Evilbay might be an option for someone that wants to upgrade to a linked and/or dimming mirror.

OP
OP
NDB2Guy

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
I honestly wouldn't put it in the same wheelhouse, since this doesn't require any wiring. To even get the wiring in my Badlands I would have had to buy the wiring harness which was another $60 minimum. You have to put a price on your time. This got me what I wanted in a few minutes for not a whole lot more. (The Toyota mirror was $90 when I bought it - I'd still do it at the current price)

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Other than adding the garage door opener(s), what other benefits would this give me over the rear view mirror on my 22 Outer Banks? I'd love to get rid of the remote I have in the little console right now, but I can't justify $90 for that. Sell me on it lol

Not being snarky at all, I honestly don't know.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Team:
I love this post, and have the Toyota Mirror sitting right next to me, unfortunately, I think I have Ford Co-Pilot 360 Option on my Bronco Sport. The existin mirror is easy to unscrew, but I can't get it off without removing that and it it looks alot more problematic.

Right now, I went with some Sticky Velcro, and have put the Garage Controller on the inside pocket of the drivers car door, but I really hate that.

If anyone knows an easy way to get that mirror off I would appreciate the tips.

Ford Bronco Sport "Easy" HomeLink Upgrade --  RAV4 HomeLink mirror accessory Bronco Sport Mirror 1-7-23

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You just need to pop the plastic cover off the part surrounding the mirror. The mirror is held on by one screw, loosen it before removing the cover. Start from the rear of the cover on the sides as the front has two small molded in tabs that go from the front towards the back.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/cheap-homelink.5144/

Last edited: