Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
That'd be pretty rad. The 2.0 moves for what it is, but knocking on 350hp/lb.ft. would be a real hoot.
Honestly I think it would be great if they found a way to fit a bigger tire on there from the factory too. Probably not a *need* exactly, but why not?
If you look closely it sure looks like what I have on mine today.235/70/17 it looks like a 1 1/2 inch lift was also added.

Ford Bronco Sport 2025 Bronco Sport spied testing IMG_1317

Ford Bronco Sport 2025 Bronco Sport spied testing IMG_0858
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If you look closely it sure looks like what I have on mine today.235/70/17

Ford Bronco Sport 2025 Bronco Sport spied testing IMG_1317

Ford Bronco Sport 2025 Bronco Sport spied testing IMG_0858
Certainly could be, but a little more room would be nice although might require some big changes to the wheel wells to pull off.

Have you taken yours off road to check for rubbing? I know you're a big fan of the wranglers in that size, just curious if the extra big of height comes with a trade off when articulated at lock. I'm eyeballing 245/65r17 wildpeak trails or the same as what you're running in the next 5k miles or so.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Certainly could be, but a little more room would be nice although might require some big changes to the wheel wells to pull off.

Have you taken yours off road to check for rubbing? I know you're a big fan of the wranglers in that size, just curious if the extra big of height comes with a trade off when articulated at lock. I'm eyeballing 245/65r17 wildpeak trails or the same as what you're running in the next 5k miles or so.
I am not an off road serious driver , light off road only , lock to lock no rub about3/8 to 1/2 inch clearance in front and back of both forward wheels. No issues, 245/65/17 was also my 2nd choice and also wildpeck . I like the full wheel-well look !

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Are the twin exhaust pipes real or part of the camouflage? If real, it might imply Ford squeezed the 2.3 in. That and the extra ride height (appears higher than a BL) supports the “raptor” guesses.
Current Sports have twin exhausts coming from a single muffler. It is interesting that they are not pulled up higher into the bodywork like on current models.

Reactions: Jrl

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I would not expect a Raptor trim without them widening the fenders, kinda a key component of the Raptor equation, and it would be odd for them to test new rims and tires without widening it for Raptor. 2.3L would be interesting in it, I’ve read that the 2.0 and 2.3 have the same footprint, its mostly internals that changed, but they would definitely 100% need a different transmission in it. The current 8speed is strangely rated for less torque then the Badlands can put out. Camo on front and back would probably indicate the midcycle refresh that has been expected for a while, the low hanging exhaust is… strange.

Pessimist in me says probably 2025 midcycle refresh badlands with either new standard suspension / wheels or new ford performance suspension and wheels options.

Optimist in me hopes it’s a new specialized edition, something along the lines of how the full size has two “top” trims in the Badlands and the Wildtrack, as well as the Everglades trim, where they have more specialized tradeoffs for specific purposes.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
If the 25 comes with a better ride height that'll be a significant improvement. It really is the only knock on this car as far as I can tell. I have driven this thing off road and continue to do so and some may remember some of my adventures with the car. I dont think anyone intends to take this thing rock crawling but the stock ride height really isn't enough, its incredibly easy to get to the point where the car scrapes and I actually even apparently ground down one of the bolts on the skid plates....never mind that though thats from that one stupid adventure.

All that said if the 25 is indeed lifted more, it will be a competitve offering and will make it more than a soft roader with a fancy transfer case. The fancy transfer case works great but it is not given enough clearance to really make the most of it. A stock lift will allow the average person to get more out of the car without changing much on Fords side.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I don't know what's under the wrap, but it's probably less than what a 2024 includes. Ford will never entice me to upgrade if they keep jacking prices and removing features.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
That'd be pretty rad. The 2.0 moves for what it is, but knocking on 350hp/lb.ft. would be a real hoot.
Honestly I think it would be great if they found a way to fit a bigger tire on there from the factory too. Probably not a *need* exactly, but why not?
Isn’t the 2.3 turbo like 305 hp/torque in the mustang ? 320 after the performance package tune and exhaust. I doubt 350 from a 4 banger production rig is economically feasible.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022

I currently have 245/65/17 Toyo open country but soon I will need to replace them I want to know if I can do 235/70/17 with the same tire or even ko2s without modify my chasis I have a 1.5 lift

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Isn’t the 2.3 turbo like 305 hp/torque in the mustang ? 320 after the performance package tune and exhaust. I doubt 350 from a 4 banger production rig is economically feasible.
The 2018 Focus RS had the 2.3L 4Cylinder making 350HP AWD on the C2 platform which the Bronco Sport is based of, so a lot more mechanically similar to the Bronco Sport Situation then the current Ecoboost Mustang

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If the 2025+ iterations include the 2.3 and/or some electric assistance via a hybrid powertrain then I would be inclined to think about an upgrade. I also really like the new Land Cruiser so we'll see how that evolves through the cycle as well.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m curious to see the new Land Cruiser & 4Runner both as some have mentioned, as well as the GX for that matter. Not surprising Toyota is bringing a lot out to compete in this segment. Curious to see the full size refresh for sure, but it’d be nice if they had a fixed roof version to compete (this far north the roof would come off too infrequently). Or just throw over the Everest.

Interesting though to see what happens with a BS refresh, there’s not much they need to change I wouldn’t think. Reasonable balance of efficiency with capability far exceeding any other small car.

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
I don't know what's under the wrap, but it's probably less than what a 2024 includes. Ford will never entice me to upgrade if they keep jacking prices and removing features.
Agreed. I'm happy I got my Big Bend when I did - I couldn't even get my beloved Alto Blue Metallic if I wanted another new BS.