Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Still trying to figure out why the wife and I got one of these in the glove box of each of our 2023 OB’s

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 emergency neutral procedure ?? IMG_0200
I watched a video of a guy in a Ford Fusion use that and there is also a long post on the Maverick forum on it. Seems odd Ford managed to not change the manual to include where and how to use it.
Sponsored

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I watched a video of a guy in a Ford Fusion use that and there is also a long post on the Maverick forum on it. Seems odd Ford managed to not change the manual to include where and how to use it.
Thanks, I will start searching the Maverick forums! Weird thing is, there is a part number on the envelope, but none of our parts guys can find it in a Ford catalogue, and I can’t find one to buy online.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
OP
OP

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
Wow, just wow… now I have to look for that.
I was assuming I could get jump power to battery and shut to neutral and unlock brake if I had to do a recovery

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Whoever comes to tow you will have a battery they can hook up to your dead BS. Then they can switch your BS into neutral.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Still trying to figure out why the wife and I got one of these in the glove box of each of our 2023 OB’s

Oh! I just came across mine in my safe. I can't remember why I put it in there years ago but I should probably keep it in my BS.

Where do you keep yours? Just in that envelope in the glove box?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

Isn’t that a tow hook for the rear bumper?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

OP
OP

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
Mark - you linked to this thread and the maverick link is here also... Still crazy that there isn't an easy way to get to neutral.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Mark - you linked to this thread and the maverick link is here also... Still crazy that there isn't an easy way to get to neutral.
Right, I was responding specifically to @Jrl, who asked what the device in the picture was for.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Reactions: Jrl

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The emergency release didn’t work today on my 2021 that had to be towed. The parking brake wouldn’t release.
Unfortunately you have to manually hold up the break switch with your fingers or put something under the switch to keep it held up while moving the vehicle around in neutral like when its being pulled up onto a flat bed tow truck.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks, I will start searching the Maverick forums! Weird thing is, there is a part number on the envelope, but none of our parts guys can find it in a Ford catalogue, and I can’t find one to buy online.
I have a 24 BS Badlands and just came across this thread. I had researched this "key" to try and see if could order an extra one in case I lost the original one. I went to dealer parts department with a picture of the envelope with the part number on it and I also found a number online on Ford parts website. The parts department told me that the number on the envelope is an engineering number and is not the number used to order the part. The part number for ordering the part at the dealer is JM5Z7A082C.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 emergency neutral procedure ?? Bronco Sport Transmission Key
Sponsored

Last edited: