GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I was thinking about some rumors and what has been somewhat confirmed and it would make sense to get them as 2022s. Such as a Hybrid or even a PHEV, new colors, rims, maybe Sync 4, more interior options, and probably a power tailgate
If my current lease wasn't up this year I would've waited for 22MY just to see what, if any, additional options they add.

I'd pay over MSRP for a timberland green OB with the Hybrid from the Escape/Maverick.

Well, maybe not over MSRP but still.
Sponsored

Dan

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport (on the way!)
If my current lease wasn't up this year I would've waited for 22MY just to see what, if any, additional options they add.

I'd pay over MSRP for a timberland green OB with the Hybrid from the Escape/Maverick.

Well, maybe not over MSRP but still.
Me too, I’m waiting to hear what happens with my current order. I hope it is here before October, which seems very likely but if not I’m going to order a Badlands for 2022

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
That's what the crappy dealers count on. The gotta have it now people that will pay over MSRP..they deserve each other.
Betcha they re think the big Bronco pricing and move that up a bunch because of the baby bronco. The Maverick, I just don't know. So many by a pick up for the big and bad look and never scratch the bed with cargo. Except maybe once. Then they get pictures...LoL

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
That's what the crappy dealers count on. The gotta have it now people that will pay over MSRP..they deserve each other.
Some dealers do not care if customers ever return to buy another vehicle. They try to price gouge as much money from every sale possible. They do not care if buyers realize later they were ripped off and never come back they do not care one bit...

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Some dealers do not care if customers ever return to buy another vehicle. They try to price gouge as much money from every sale possible. They do not care if buyers realize later they were ripped off and never come back they do not care one bit...
I would have assumed Ford Corporate would not allow such tactics.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
It appears Friday July 2 will be the last day to order a 2021 MY Bronco Sport.

2022 MY order bank opens 8/30 with production to begin in Nov. If you haven't ordered it appears your option will be what the dealer has on order now or probably looking at end of Nov/early Dec at the earliest for delivery of a 2022 MY

Ford Bronco Sport 2022MY Bronco Sport Dates: Order Acceptance, Scheduling and Production Start ford_buildout-1

Ford Bronco Sport 2022MY Bronco Sport Dates: Order Acceptance, Scheduling and Production Start ford_buildout-2

Attachments

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Anyone know Ford's usual cadence for releasing the next model year's specs, colors, etc.? Just curious when we'll know changes from '21 => '22.

Polemics

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hopefully 22 brings a shade of green like what’s rumored for the big bronco
I would really love if they did them in military green. I love the “sarge green” that Jeep offers. I even thought about having the one I have now wrapped in that color at some point when the brush scratches on the side really pile up.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
When do you all think they gonna announce MY22 changes?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When do you all think they gonna announce MY22 changes?
I'll be honest I'd be shocked at this point if there are major changes. Yep I know there are typically tweaks to entice new buyers and trades....but this isn't close to any typical year. I'm going to say they run 22 as a blend of 21 to get a full line out the door. 23 would be a better target. It could happen but when you can't even source enough parts for 21s...change is the last thing I want to do.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I'll be honest I'd be shocked at this point if there are major changes. Yep I know there are typically tweaks to entice new buyers and trades....but this isn't close to any typical year. I'm going to say they run 22 as a blend of 21 to get a full line out the door. 23 would be a better target. It could happen but when you can't even source enough parts for 21s...change is the last thing I want to do.
Agreed. I was just wondering from the stand point of validating that auto article theory, which got trashed here by me including :), that they might discontinue Badlands. MY22 announcement should clear it up one way or the other. So if order acceptance supposedly starts on 8/30, I'd think sometime mid August to announce the changes.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Agreed. I was just wondering from the stand point of validating that auto article theory, which got trashed here by me including :), that they might discontinue Badlands. MY22 announcement should clear it up one way or the other. So if order acceptance supposedly starts on 8/30, I'd think sometime mid August to announce the changes.
They'd be more likely to discontinue the sport completely instead of the badlands trim. That article was idiotic. When your "research" is based on unit sales under the craziest conditions in a century....yeah that's click-bait nonsense.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
They'd be more likely to discontinue the sport completely instead of the badlands trim. That article was idiotic. When your "research" is based on unit sales under the craziest conditions in a century....yeah that's click-bait nonsense.
Yep not a snow balls chance in hell they will discontinue Badlands for '22. I bet we won't see any details on '22 specs until August.