KhanAdda

Badlands
First Name
John B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Hey Everyone. Hope you have better luck than me. I order a Badlands Badlands on May 2, and just got the call from the dealer yesterday that they are cancelling my order. They said a lower trim lever would be available, but no more 2021 Badlands with the Badlands package are being built. I told him to keep my deposit and transition my order to a 2022 when the option becomes available.

Disappointing after 3 months of waiting. Hope they treat you better in the US. Hopefully I'll have one in my parking spot before the new year. Good luck to the rest of you with an existing order.
Sponsored

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
That stinks but it was past the badlands April cutoff.

I'm waiting to order a badlands also.

From my experience , Ford needs to communicate better and the dealers need to get their act together. I've spoken to 3 local dealers and none of them
Know what's up with the badlands trim. They don't know about the august 30th 2022 orders opening either.

I am hoping to order a badlands trim come august 30th or so. I only want the 2.0L bigger engine.

I'm looking at the outback wilderness or RAV4 trd for alternatives in September or October if I can't get a badlands ordered and ford can't get their act together.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm looking at the outback wilderness or RAV4 trd for alternatives in September or October if I can't get a badlands ordered and ford can't get their act together.
I don't think Ford is going to be getting their act together any time soon.

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
I don't think Ford is going to be getting their act together any time soon.
And Ford is talking that their going to go to having us order vehicles instead of having so many cars on dealer lots. Ford is doing a abysmal job of filling orders now with a six month wait not unusual this ideal will kill Ford. I'm a Ford man through and though I've owned nothing but Ford's for forty years but if I can't get the car that I want in four to six weeks I'll take my money to another car maker who will.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
And Ford is talking that their going to go to having us order vehicles instead of having so many cars on dealer lots. Ford is doing a abysmal job of filling orders now with a six month wait not unusual this ideal will kill Ford. I'm a Ford man through and though I've owned nothing but Ford's for forty years but if I can't get the car that I want in four to six weeks I'll take my money to another car maker who will.
Could not agree more. Either Ford starts putting vehicles on lots I want to buy or they make major improvements on this vehicle order process. Otherwise I will take my money elsewhere.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
From my experience, don't expect B&P before the order date. The vehicle should be carryover with the possibility of a couple new colors. The dealers should have that info on or before 8/30. The only problem with that is that you may not be able to see a new color before ordering. Hopfully we will get more infor before 8/30. Job #1 isn't until 11/01, so ther is plenty of time to change colors/
If the full bronco MY22 is any indicator there will be fewer colors not new or more. Comments indicating they lose three colors from this MY21. I said it before, with all the issues this year I'm betting on simplification not added amenities. I don't see the practicality adding colors when they can't build what's due already

Reactions: Jrl

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
If the full bronco MY22 is any indicator there will be fewer colors not new or more. Comments indicating they lose three colors from this MY21. I said it before, with all the issues this year I'm betting on simplification not added amenities. I don't see the practicality adding colors when they can't build what's due already
And unfortunately Ford usually decontents the second year of production and then makes you buy extra packages you don't want to get what you want. I hope Ford doesn't do this with the BL BL the wife wants or she'll probably just walk away from it.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And unfortunately Ford usually decontents the second year of production and then makes you buy extra packages you don't want to get what you want. I hope Ford doesn't do this with the BL BL the wife wants or she'll probably just walk away from it.
honestly that's why I didn't option the badlands package. None of it appealed to me. I didn't need all the extras inclusive of moon roof etc. I know some of those options are still desirable but that's always been a minor peeve. Dodge was no different. My challengers through the years, had to buy this to get this etc. So I always settled. I honestly felt the Badlands without a lot of the options was quite adequate. To each their own, I'm sure your wife has her wish list. Nothing wrong with that at all...as you can see from the board, everyone has their own flair

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I saw a source that seemed to indicate they were replacing those 3 colors with similar ones as well as adding a few totally new ones.

Edit: Found it. No green yet :( But I love that Peak Blue, would be awesome if they offered that for the BS.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022MY Bronco Sport Dates: Order Acceptance, Scheduling and Production Start 2022 Bronco colors
Ford Bronco Sport 2022MY Bronco Sport Dates: Order Acceptance, Scheduling and Production Start Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 5.25.06 PM

Last edited:

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
still hoping for a green but at least CG is still on the list. Ford has a few nice medium dark greens.

anyone know what the take rate is on the 2021 colors?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
still hoping for a green but at least CG is still on the list. Ford has a few nice medium dark greens.

anyone know what the take rate is on the 2021 colors?
While the forum is a small sample I'd guess the distribution is reasonably representative
Area 51 28.2%
Cactus Grey 19.9%
Cyber Orange 10.2%
Carbon Grey 8.8%
Alto Blue 6.9%
Oxford white 6.6%
Shadow Black 6.1%
Rapid Red 5.0%
Kodiak Brown 4.4%
Iconic Silver 3.9%
Tracking list breakdown

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just a reminder. 2022 Order banks open this Monday, 8/30. Also, Ford is giving $1000 bonus cash for retail custom orders placed thru 9/30.

Attachments

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just a reminder. 2022 Order banks open this Monday, 8/30. Also, Ford is giving $1000 bonus cash for retail custom orders placed thru 9/30.
I went to the site and looked up my zip code here in Georgia and that offer works for me as well, not that I thought that it wouldn't.

What it doesn't say is how Ford is going to define "bonus cash". Google says that phrase is almost always cash off msrp or possibly just cash, both of which is fine. See dealer for complete details it says. Watch it turn out to be 1000 bonus cash in some sort of ford currency you can only use at Ford and only 100 bucks at a time and only for major repairs that they say the warranty doesn't cover.

Maybe I just have trust issues. Ford would never do something shady like that right?.....

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I went to the site and looked up my zip code here in Georgia and that offer works for me as well, not that I thought that it wouldn't.

What it doesn't say is how Ford is going to define "bonus cash". Google says that phrase is almost always cash off msrp or possibly just cash, both of which is fine. See dealer for complete details it says. Watch it turn out to be 1000 bonus cash in some sort of ford currency you can only use at Ford and only 100 bucks at a time and only for major repairs that they say the warranty doesn't cover.

Maybe I just have trust issues. Ford would never do something shady like that right?.....
The $1k rebate has been going on through the summer, and the couple quotes I've gotten show it as a $1k discount.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
What it doesn't say is how Ford is going to define "bonus cash". Google says that phrase is almost always cash off msrp or possibly just cash, both of which is fine.
It'll be like all other Bonus offers. Money subtracted from the sale price given by Ford to the dealership. In this case however, it will probably be to offset the $4,500 or whatever "market adjustment" the dealer adds.
Sponsored